The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

My aunt from Alabama has read the Hunger Games and loved it, so we had a very long discussion about it today. :D
I shall have to go preorder it when I get home.
emilycullenx
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by emilycullenx »

What did everyone think of the end? (poor peeta, perhaps...?)
"every single memory is erasing;
going back to the times when we were strangers.
"
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I know, I was sad for Peeta! But I do understand Katniss, she does have a lot of history with Gale. And if she does want to be with Gale then it's worse for her to pretend she wants to be with Peeta, it's not fair for him.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I was a bit annoyed with Katniss for not saying a bit more, I think she just let him think what he wanted, she could have said something to explain. I don't know . Maybe it's time for another rereading!

I do understand Katniss though. She thought Peeta knew.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Are we talking about Hunger Games or Catching Fire?
Because if it's CF, I don't want to know.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Post by danobanano »

You lucky people with Catching Fire Arcs.....curse you September 1 you are too far away.
I just read the blurb about Catching Fire on Amazon.com and after finishing my fourth read yesterday, I'm terribly worried about Gale. I'm worried that he's going to get caught up in the fire and be apart of the rebellion and will end up hurting Katniss along the way. The poor guy hates the Capitol, he was boisterous about his distaste whenever he and Katniss are in the woods hunting, and he only barely veiled his thoughts when he was saying goodbye to Katnis and the Mayor's Daughter was in the same room. He's a very different person that Peeta. Remember when Gale tells Katniss that killing a human isn't any different than hunting animals? His attitude is strickingly different than that of Peeta who doesn't want to loose himselves in the Games. I often wonder how Gale would have survived not only physically but also morally if his name was called in the Reaping and he had to be the Tribute for Distric 12.

When Cena says he volunteered to be the stylist for district 12 was that before or after Katniss was chosen? Is he secretly involved in the rebellion? and his playing up Katniss all a ploy for his political ambitions? Oh the questions that cannot be answered until September 1. and even then how many more questions will rise?

Is it possible for Hunger Games The Movie to get a less than R rating what with all the gruesome killing of children? And if they cut out all the gruesome killing will the story be as potent?
If Twilight was written in 2003, published in 2005 and the movie was released in 2009 what's the timetable for Hunger Games? 2011?
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Wow that's a lot of questions Dano!
Well I will answer one:
If they cut out all the killings, it will not be the Hunger Games anymore.
The point is that the Capitol was cruel enough to make children homicidal.
So if they cut out the killings, I will not see it.
I think they can make the movie PG-13, if they don't show the killings. Like for example, when Thresh dies, they don't show that because Katniss doesn't see it. If they keep it in Katniss's POV, then a lot of deaths will just happen, without being seen. But there is still the scene with Clove, and the scene with Rue, and a bunch of others, that are very violent. So I will just wait and see.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

That's very true about Gale. He probably would have lost himself in the games.
I think the rating could be PG-13. Katniss doesn't see a lot of the deaths, and even though the ones she does witness are gruesome, think of everything that gets past the raters as PG-13. As long as the director doesn't make it tons of guts and gore it should be fine I think.
And I believe the movie is scheduled for 2011, but who knows what sort of set backs they may have?
I don't think Cinna said he volunteered to be disrict 12's stylist after the reaping or not...although I don't see why he would volunteer just because Katniss had been chosen. And I want to say he is part of the rebellion because of something I read...
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

OMG! yeah it could be pg-13.
The Hangover is 14A when it should be rated R
that movie is sick.
but it is funny. HAHA :lol:
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Hm. The Hangover is R here in the US.
My cousin has read HG!!! I was so excited to find that out yesterday. And for Twilight she's for Jacob and I'm for Edward, but we're both for Peeta so at least now our relationship won't be torn apart by fictional men. :lol: