Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by moon sidhe »

I'm curious, what do people think about the following passage in BD:
Jared didn't seem surprised by her hostility. "Leah, you know you don't want to be here."
She snarled at him. I gave her a warning glance she didn't see. Seth whined and nudged her with his shoulder.
"Sorry," Jared said. "Guess I shouldn't assume. But you don't have any ties to the bloodsuckers."
Leah very deliberately looked at her brother and then at me.
What do you guys think was the reason behind her look to Jacob?
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

it meant that seth and jake were her ties here, they were why she was here, they treat her better than sam. that's all.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:it meant that seth and jake were her ties here, they were why she was here, they treat her better than sam. that's all.
Hm, I was thinking that perhaps she liked Jacob more than she let on. Not necessarily romantically, but at least as a friend.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

oh she absolutely liked jacob as a friend, a very close friend, and the fact that she cites him as her tie to the situation proves that. but that look wasn't AT jake, like she was looking at him and he was looking back, but more of a gesture for jared, showing him what was what.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

moon sidhe wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:it meant that seth and jake were her ties here, they were why she was here, they treat her better than sam. that's all.
Hm, I was thinking that perhaps she liked Jacob more than she let on. Not necessarily romantically, but at least as a friend.
That would be fun. I read a really great fanfiction, more of a drabble, where Leah was thinking about how everyone got their "Happy Ending"— even the bloodsucking baby— except her.

Her mother was going to marry Charlie. Jacob was going to marry a baby. Bella and Edward were perfect and flawless together. The Cullens were finally a completely family. Emily and Sam. Jared and Kim. Rachel and Paul.

Poor Billy. Poor Leah. Poor Irina. Do you notice how anyone who gives Bella any sort of trouble gets shafted? :?
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

Just to be contrary, I don't think Lauren ever gets shafted. I guess she was never really serious trouble though... Anyway, Leah definitely gets shafted, if the definition of shafted in this case is not ending up with a significant other. I like to picture Leah having some time to discover herself without an S.O. though. Maybe that's just me. :)
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^Yes, it would be nice if Leah got to find herself. (I really liked her and Jacob)

It was ironic how she wanted to imprint and he hated the idea of imprinting, because it got rid of his right to choose, but in the end she was the one left hanging with no one with her and he was the one who imprinted.

Also, I don't think Lauren ever did anything that significantly bothered Bella. Billy threatened to tell Charlie about the vampires. Irina threatened Bella's happily ever after. Leah yelled at her! :lol:
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Amivera wrote: It was ironic how she wanted to imprint and he hated the idea of imprinting, because it got rid of his right to choose, but in the end she was the one left hanging with no one with her and he was the one who imprinted.
Leah is my third favorite character in Twilight because i'm most like her. So, when the story dropped at the end, and simply left her hanging, it made me sick. I would love a story from Leah's POV. Not only would she FINALLY get her happy ending but it would also clear her character up for a lot of people. I was suprised by how many people were against Leah, not liking her as part of the book. I think that most just didn't understand where she was coming from time to time. I think that if they got a little more insight to Leah and how the pain of Sam REALLY affected her, many more would understand. But that's simply wishful thinking, since its about 1 in a million that SM will write more in the Saga after Midnight Sun.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

emmett_<3 wrote: Leah is my third favorite character in Twilight because i'm most like her. So, when the story dropped at the end, and simply left her hanging, it made me sick. I would love a story from Leah's POV. Not only would she FINALLY get her happy ending but it would also clear her character up for a lot of people. I was suprised by how many people were against Leah, not liking her as part of the book. I think that most just didn't understand where she was coming from time to time. I think that if they got a little more insight to Leah and how the pain of Sam REALLY affected her, many more would understand.
Me too! On just about everything, haha. I'm shocked by how many people say they despise Leah, because she's a cold, heartless 'harpy'. Some hate her even more because she had the guts to give Bella a verbal slap to the face— show her what a drama queen she was being.

I loved that she stood up for Jacob when no one else would, especially since Jacob was breaking on the inside with every day. :(

I don't, however, want SMeyer to write a book from Leah's POV. I'm sorry, but it's just overkill.

:D

----
Sorry Leah. As much as I wanted to stay here and defend you, no one seemed very interested in a discussion about just you, my dear. Alas, side discussions led to unfair accusations, and now I feel is the best time to leave.

Obviously this place is not what I thought it was. An Anti- is better off with its own.
I hope you're treated well, Leah. If anyone gives you problems, you can always count on me— Jake would be happy to help, as well.

Love,
~Ami~ <3
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Blackwater. :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj