Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by una »

Don't worry Nima, I didn't get to see HP this weekend either. We had at or record breaking temperatures this weekend and hubby said we were staying put. Today is supposed to tie the record from 1908 of 111. I wouldn't be that concerned but we are having some humidity due to a tropical depression (and we usually have dry heat), I am SOOOO not a humidity person. You east coasters and southerns are far braver than I! So I spent the weekend trying to get caught up on my library books. Got through four of them, I was quite proud!

I'm glad you read Dante's story. I really enjoyed that one. It is one of my favorites of the DH short stories.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Wow Una, you are a fast reader! Or maybe I just have a few too many distractions to be able to read quickly. I am so sorry about your weather. We broke the record low highs for the last three days. Our high Friday was 57. My corn is refusing to grow! :x
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm sorry Openhome, maybe our hot weather will head on over to you and help your corn grow! I can't believe all the rain I see across the US and here on the West coast we are stuck under a high pressure zone with heat. I just hope the few forest fires we have get contained soon!

I am an incredibly fast reader....it's because I'm a voracious reader. Plus, being pregnant, hubby let me read all weekend and only do a few chores. My stomach was upset most of the weekend. Just when I thought the morning sickness has past, sometimes the nauseous just hits. But I'll take the occasional verses the 24/7! It's our first so he is treating me like a delicate little flower. Normally it would annoy my independent nature...but it was pretty nice this weekend since I got to get some major reading done! :twisted:
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Oh, Yes! I remember how wonderful my husband was to me. Enjoy it, it won't last long. In fact, my husband kind of went back to normal the day I gave birth, and THAT was when I really needed him to treat me like something fragile.
You are wise to read a lot now. Very, very wise. You will not have this kind of time for, oh, say, 18 to 25 years, so enjoy it while you can.
I saw that the west coast was in the grip of hotness on the news as my hubby and I were in our sweats. Don't get me wrong, I love a cool summer, but we have only used the AC 7 days so far, so this does seem extreme even for Wisconsin. My kids haven't even asked to go to the water parks yet, so that tells you how cool it has been.

Happy reading! :D
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Hubby didn't treat me like a delicate flower during or after all three of my pregnancies. I'd defend him, but he's already in the dog house today. Grrr!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Oooo...I smell a good story... 8-)
What did he do? To keep out of trouble, you can always start with "I have a friend whose husband..."
Great intro and a wonderful way to deflect wrath.
Hope today gets better! I really hate "Grrr" days myself.
una

Post by una »

I'm sorry Nima! I'm sure Rhage will make it all better! :twisted:
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Hello folks... I have NOT seen HP either... I was supposed to go on Sunday, but then it turned into a nice day, so we skipped it (we haven't had a lot of those nice days). I head off to Seattle tomorrow, so I won't see HP until next week at the earliest. Since I am on a long flight, I'm going to take Half-Blood Prince with me to re-read. It's been 2 years since I've last read it.

Someone should monitor Gutter and notify a monitor soon - we are on page 98 again!! Any thoughts for names? I'll probably be out of the loop until I get back to my folks next week... Enjoy!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una

Post by una »

Goodness, you are right TwiMom! Have a fun and safe trip!

So guys, names - this round is in honor of New Moon coming out:

Gutter Guys & Gals - Full Moon Baking

Gutter Guys & Gals - Mooning over Twilight

Gutter Guys & Gals - Polishing the Moon

Gutter Guys & Gals - Grooming the Moon

This is my lame start...I have a headache today, maybe this will help get the discussion going! :D

Let's notify Nena when we hit page 99.
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Considering all the Gutter Gals who are with child, I think the baking one would be very appropriate. :D
Maybe something with the word "fertile" in it?

What did we have before?
Since I am fairly new, I have to ask:
By the way, where did the whole "baking" thing get started? I LOVE the phrase, and am very curious who was brilliant enough to think of it.