Adult thread -- The Summer House

ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Adult thread -- The Summer House

Post by ForJazz926 »

I just skipped about three pages of posts because I got to the part about CLAIRE DANES AS JULIET and flipped the eff out. I needed to comment immediately. I love that movie. My friends and I (Hayley included) were obsessed with it when it came out and must have watched it once a week for a year. Hayley had every episode of MySoCalledLife on VHS, so I partook in that as well. So...we were Claire Danes fans, for one. Then there was LEONARDO DICAPRIO! Hayley wanted to marry him - he was her second serious celebrity crush after Eddie Furlong. So...yeah...we were in an R&J coma for like 2 years. And...that move was JUST ON TV. I watched it with joy and cried my eyes out again. "THEN I DEFY YOU, STARS!" God he was chillingly good. And I loved Claire obviously...but that part at the VERY end when she lets out that manly ugly sob...that makes me gigglesnort every time. "A SCRATCH!" *drools all over self* I also *still* listen to that soundtrack.

Kupono - I wasn't sad to see him go, because I thought he and Evan were the weakest boy links as far as dancing goes, so it was one of them for me. BUT...I do wish he could just stand there by the judging table every week from now on, because he is beautiful. And talk about HIP DIPS. Scheisse.

So...can someone give me the skinny as far as what Remember Me is about? I know it's a memoir of sorts and that EDR is his love interest (which, btw, I seem to be the only one that likes her and doesn't think she's a ho for being within 50 feet of Rob)...but that's it. I've been too busy looking at the lovely pics that I forgot to obsess over the script.

Image Image
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Julie, I like Emilie DeRavin too. I think she's the luckiest girl on the planet these past two months and I don't begrudge her that (just like I know y'all won't begrudge me my turn with Rob when it comes!) I love her as Claire in Lost. I thought she was very good in "Brick" too.

I don't know too much about "Remember Me" because I won't read scripts and I try to avoid spoilers as long as that doesn't mean avoiding pics of Rob...that would be crazy. Here's what I know and it may contain spoilers, so beware: Rob's character is grieving a brother who committed suicide. Emilie's character has some other kind of trauma in her past. They are falling in love but their emotional demons may derail their relationship. That's all I got. Oh, and Rob gets in a fight. And arrested. And there's a panda. And a rabbit. It's written by Jenny Lumet who wrote "Rachel Getting Married" which I loved, but ain't your typical easily resolved Hollywood slick story in three acts, so I think we can expect that "Remember Me" won't be either.

Can't wait!

edited to add: I love that Romeo and Juliet too! Have you seen any of the director's (Baz Luhrman) other films?... namely "Strictly Ballroom", "Moulin Rouge" and "Australia" (which is not as good as the others, but Hugh Jackman compensates for all it's flaws)

aaaaand ......some more Rob
Last edited by newtonscricket on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

newtonscricket wrote:may contain spoilers, so beware: Rob's character is grieving a brother who committed suicide. Emilie's character has some other kind of trauma in her past. They are falling in love but their emotional demons may derail their relationship.
Sounds very WA to me! Mmmm....WA...*drools* Hey - speaking of that, isn't it supposed to be done by this weekend? ComiCon?

Image Image
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Well Sandy if Tommy would have seen this I would have been hauled off to the hospital. He just doesn't get it. :D
We have to keep our Rob safe now.
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... 2815-3.gif
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Top O the Mornin' to Ya, Lasses & Lad!! (Gods I am such a dwork!!!)

Checking in a little later than normal, but I had to catch up on 3 pages cause I was rereading Tropic of Virgo last night. RockGodWard owns my soul!!!!! Speaking of FicWards...

Julie~ YES YES YES!!! AG promised us the update prior to the start of Comic Con, which starts Thursday. I am already starting to suffer an increase in withdrawl symptoms. I am DESPERATE!!!

I am not now nore was I really ever a Leo fan. Sorry. He's just meh to me. But, you're sooooo right about Claire Danes. She is both beautiful and talented. As for Emilie, it's not that I dont' like her, really. I just get this extremely creepy vibe from her, like she's plotting something. It's really weird, I know. But, it's not new or Rob-related. It has been around since the first season of Lost. It might have intensified now that she is creeping close to the object of my lustful protection. I'm just really wary of her.

NewJen~ I lurve me some Baz. He rocks. I love his R&J, but Moulin Rouge is my alltime favorite. I actually haven't seen Australia yet, but you're right. Hugh Jackman can compensate for A LOT!!! (And, he sang karaoke with Rob, so I just love the connections.) Seriously, we need to start playing 6 degrees of Rob Pattinson!! :lol:

Sandy~ Wide Awake!! Wide Awake!! I'll see you your Darkward and raise you mine. Or I would if photobucket wasn't being all fired stupid this morning. Damn. I'll just have to post him later. 8-)

MiniMe/eGodschild~ Boo on your computer viruses, Hon. I'm so glad you made it home safe and sound from your timetravels again. As an eGodsparent, I am very eProud of you for exploring history and experiencing things most young ladies do not. But, eBalance is everything. And, we just eMiss you so much when you leave for times without computers and electricity. Not to mention the eEffects that RobCrack withdrawls and missing of eTime with your eFamily cause. And, yes, I agree. While I personally have anything against short men. I am after all a Jacksper fan and think he's adorable, I'm holding out for a tall boy for you. Say one who's 6'2" or so, long and lanky, messy coppery brown hair, gorgeous hazel eyes. Hmmmm, after second thought, nope not right for you at all. No, for me on the other hand... :twisted: :lol:

Mandy~ Congrats on the BF's 30th. My hubs is 3 years older than I, so I told him all the time after he turned 30 that he wasn't old cause he was dating a hot 20-something like me!! :lol: Then I turned 30 and told him he was officially old. :lol:

Trine~ Yay!!! *claps hands in partners general direction* Well Done!! Way to stand up and restore faith. Good boys make us smile. :D And, also, *big hugs* you so rocked in your Edward defense!! Well done to you as well. A small token of my appreciation and affection will be forthcoming as soon as photobucket gets it's head out of it's collective backside.

Erika~ Sorry, bb. Family togetherness is good and all, but beverages really should be legally required for such gatherings.

Kristiner~ Believe me, if I had made that, I would soooooooooo take credit. Whoever did it is a genius to whom I bow and kiss toes.

And, yes, I saw the Bandslam shiza, too. I am beyond pissed and trying to weigh the insanity of spending $5 on a matinee to watch what is likely 90 seconds of footage that will be on YouTube inside of an hour. But, it will be on the bigscreen without shaky video work and giggling girls to distract me. Hmmmmmm?!?! Decisions decisions.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Mandy - Happy 30th to Mr. Kyle! *throws confetti and cuts the net so balloons fall all over* I hope he liked the decorations you hung up. Woohoo. :D

Jade - I'm following David Slade on Twitter just so I can get an idea of what kinda stuff is going on with our beloved Eclipse. If I find out who wins the dance thingy (Aussie vs. Kiwi) I'll let ya know.

Ashley - So sorry your computer is sick. Hope it gets well soon so you can get out of safe mode. And I watched Can't Hardly Wait right along with you. Haha.

Julie - I loved My So-Called Life (hello, Jordan Catalano, you sexy beasty) and R&J. I watched R&J all the time when it came out on DVD. I currently still listen to the soundtrack because I love it. And Leo's lines get stuck in my head quite frequently. He was brill. Claire was too, of course. I just watched Stardust a couple hours ago actually. Heart her.

NewJen - Thanks for the info on RM. I knew there was some sort of death in Tyler's life and that whatsherface had some sort of tragedy but I didn't know the specifics. I don't read scripts. Ok so I read the supposed one for NM. But I only read it because I already know what will happen in the movie. Oh and I have seen other Baz Luhrman movies. Er..um..I saw Moulin Rouge and R&J. That's about it. Lol.

Caryn - I kinda stopped using Photobucket. It loads waaaaay to slowly and sometimes it's a butt like it's being to you today. I started using Tinypic instead. I only use Photobucket now when I have a ginormous pic of Rob and want to keep it ginormous. Maybe this could be a good solution for you as well? Unless you've had previous dealings with Tinypic that were not so favorable. And if I had the talent to make videos like the Rob's sexy backside vid, I'd be taking credit too.

I just watched HPatHBP again illegally. :oops: I couldn't help it. It's too good to pass up.

A funny manip to start the day off right.
Because I can't get enough of him in the Stoli shirt.
Rupert surprises a Japanese fan. After watching HBP again, I need a laugh. The ending always makes me tear up.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

I just ran across this one not sure if you have seen it yet but its a good one.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... oek3ag.jpg
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hi guys,
I didn't have a chance to post yesterday as I was pretty busy with the in-laws. I love my in-laws, but they would probably be strangely curious at my Robsession, as would most of my family. :lol:

Kristiner, I loved both of the videos you linked recently. I can't believe someone thought to make a video of pictures of Rob's lovely backside, not that I minded. But I did eventually miss looking at his face. :D I also loved the video where Rupert Grint surprised the Japanese fan. Rupert is hilarious and seems like such a sweetheart. The fan was cute too and seemed about as composed as most of us would probably be if we ever met Rob. I cracked up when she asked if she could touch his eyelashes and then she told him that most people tell her she smells like a granny. :shock: :lol:

Trine, I'm so impressed with your partner's purchases! How funny that he kept checking your message to make sure he selected the right items. What a sweetie!

This isn't new, but he's still adorable
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Since EDR kind of came up, I should say that I am amongst the people who still believe she should have played Rosalie. I mean come on - LOOK AT THIS PIC! I have nothing against Nikki at all, but she has dark skin and dark features and she ends up NOT looking like "the most beautiful blonde angel in the world" when she is all made up. She looks like a girl who dyes her black hair blonde. Yes she's gorgeous - as an exotic, dark-featured girl.

Image Image
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Tracy - I loved the Ron video. It cracked my ish up. "He has silver eyelashes!" Hahaha. And yes it is always nice to look at Rob's hiney, but I did miss looking at his face as well. Sorry your in-laws wouldn't understand your Robsession. (That sounds like a perfume).

Julie - You are absolutely right. She would have made the perfect Rosalie. I love Nikki to death, but like you said, she's a dark features kinda girl and you can totally tell she dyed her hair and has white makeup on. I've been a fan of Emilie since she was on Roswell, even though she played a beotch. Well, she was ok at the end, but still her character came in and ruined everything for a minute there. Love that picture of her, btw. Beautiful. I'm just jealous of her cause she gets to spend so much time with our Rob.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮