Gilmore Girls

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: Gilmore Girls

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I absolutely love Gilmore Girls. I never watched it when it was still in circulation, but me and My sister started watching it when it moved to ABC Family and every day at four we drop what we're doing to watch, even though we're on about our third time through the series and know all the words by now.

Jess is definately my favorite of Rory's boyfriends and Luke is my fave Lorelai guy.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Chyeah wrote:I'm watching the series on SOAPNet (they started playing the entire series starting from season 1) every Saturday. I instinctively like Luke (mainly because the Town Alliance Of Township or whatever get mad at him for no reason and he's like, "LOL GET OUT"), but when I think about it, I don't. He's kind of a jerk, and if I recall correctly, he went into Lorelai's house when she didn't know he was there- creepy much?

I don't know, maybe he changes. I hope he does, because the amount of LukeLorelai shippers is pretty big.
Aww, I think Luke's so nice!
And I think he went in because he was dealing with some emotional stuff and wanted something to do, so he went to Lorelai's house to fix up stuff because it was therapy for him. He wasn't like, looking through her underwear or anything.
But everything he does for Lorelai is so sweet. Like when Richard first had the heart attack, he closed up the diner and took her to the hospital, even though he hated them.*SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE 7TH SEASON* And then even when she was married to Chris and Richard had a heart attack again, he came to drop off food anyway. He's so amazing.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

debussygirl wrote:
Chyeah wrote:I'm watching the series on SOAPNet (they started playing the entire series starting from season 1) every Saturday. I instinctively like Luke (mainly because the Town Alliance Of Township or whatever get mad at him for no reason and he's like, "LOL GET OUT"), but when I think about it, I don't. He's kind of a jerk, and if I recall correctly, he went into Lorelai's house when she didn't know he was there- creepy much?

I don't know, maybe he changes. I hope he does, because the amount of LukeLorelai shippers is pretty big.
Aww, I think Luke's so nice!
And I think he went in because he was dealing with some emotional stuff and wanted something to do, so he went to Lorelai's house to fix up stuff because it was therapy for him. He wasn't like, looking through her underwear or anything.
But everything he does for Lorelai is so sweet. Like when Richard first had the heart attack, he closed up the diner and took her to the hospital, even though he hated them.*SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE 7TH SEASON* And then even when she was married to Chris and Richard had a heart attack again, he came to drop off food anyway. He's so amazing.
And Rory's graduation party.
Oh, and the thing with the Jeep after it died...

Those were my favorite Luke moments. :P
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

And the ice rink, and the thing he made for Lorelai and Max's wedding...what was it called again?
Aw, there's just too many sweet Luke moments!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

OMG The hoopa!
And partr of Luke's jerkiness in the beginning is that Lorelai keeps hurting him again and again without even knowing it so he has to defend himself somehow.

I love that show, but I missed today's episode on ABCFamily.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Oh, it was the winter formal one.
I love that one for some reason. It may be because of the Dean/Tristan rumble.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

debussygirl wrote:And the ice rink, and the thing he made for Lorelai and Max's wedding...what was it called again?
Aw, there's just too many sweet Luke moments!
I agree, I LOVE Luke. He is just a sweet & awesome man.
:D I was soo mad at Lorelie when she broke off their engagement & then went to Chris & they got married.

Plus not many people would be willing to take in your troublesome teenage nephew.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Right now the 7th season is playing on ABC Family and I cannot stand watching the past few episodes. I want to hit Lorelai so hard for letting Luke go. No, I want to hit the crack job writer they got to replace Amy, because Lorelai would not have done what she did. They just wanted a whole bunch of unnecessary drama. I caught yesterday's though, and Lorelai is writing the character reference for Luke so I think the next episode is when she and Chris split up, or he at least finds the letter and gets the ball rolling. But I have to say to Lauren Graham that she did an awesome job with that scene when she and Chris finally do end it.
*sigh* But at least the karaoke episode will be soon...
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^ I know what you meant about wanting to hit Lorelai. I didn't know they had a different writer! :o No wonder this last season wasn't as good as the others & all the junk that happened.

I caught Tuesday's episode & at the end Christopher found the character reference that Lorelai wrote & knew that she would never be over Luke & he left. I gotta say I'm sooo happy that Chris left. I didn't catch all of the last season (so I'm happy that it's being shown on ABC family & I can catch the episodes that I missed) so I wasn't sure how they broke up/ended their relationship so I was glad to see that episode. She totally belongs with Luke!!!!!

I'm not sure what karokee episode you're talking about. I'll have to continue watching it (like I have been pretty much every day for the last few months) so I can find out what you're talking about.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I watched GG when it first aired and I will agree with you guys that last few seasons where horrible. It has been a long time since I watched it but then ending was terrible in my opinion.
Banner by TammyAZ