The voices in my head

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: The voices in my head

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I totally have crazy voices in my head moments. Usually plotting out scenarios and escapes to situations that will likely never occur to me...and then questioning if it means i'm crazy..and then answering that it doesn't then asking again becvause the answer confused me. Out loud.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Sha-Nikki
Settled in Forks

Post by Sha-Nikki »

I have the voices in my head too. But is it okay to have more than three voices, including your own, in your head at the same time? Because i have about three voices in my head and we carry on full conversations with each other. I even have them help me run through scenarios about decisions or something. Has anyone been told that its okay to talk to yourself but not to carry on full conversations and answer your own questions? Because I have people that tell me that all the time.
~*Sha-Nikki*~
Proud member of Twilight Mafia, Team Edward, Team Bella, and Relish Dog Pound!
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

I talk to myself all the time, especially when I'm alone and during exams. I would read out loud (softly) the questions then answer them, or I would say "this paper is so difficult" and the voice will go" yes, you're going to die". It's like I'm carrying a conversation, except I'm alone. Does that count?
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Well, I have characters in my head. Like the ones I make up for my stories.
We never really have conversations, though. They just like to be there...if that makes sense.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Sha-Nikki wrote:I have the voices in my head too. But is it okay to have more than three voices, including your own, in your head at the same time? Because i have about three voices in my head and we carry on full conversations with each other. I even have them help me run through scenarios about decisions or something. Has anyone been told that its okay to talk to yourself but not to carry on full conversations and answer your own questions? Because I have people that tell me that all the time.
My 7th grade art teacher once told me

"You're not crazy if you talk to yourself, even if it's out loud. You're not even crazy if you answer yourself. You are only crazy when you ask yourself to repeat what you just said because you didn't hear or understand the phrasing."

Which of course means I'm still crazy.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

debussygirl wrote:Well, I have characters in my head. Like the ones I make up for my stories.
We never really have conversations, though. They just like to be there...if that makes sense.
I have that a lot. I can just always feel my three main characters in my head, just kind of hanging out. sometimes they'll pop up and tell me stuff about themselves or give me tips for writing. it's kind of disconcerting. :?
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Yeah...what's weird is when they get mad at you.
Like one character didn't like me for a while because I chose the wrong name for her. We're a bit at peace now that I fixed that. And recently, one of my characters disliked the way I was planning on him reacting to something. He set me straight though.
And yes, I realize how crazy I sound right now.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I talk about my life as if in a third person story for instance, me on a swing set(Yes I'm a teenager with a swing set, you have a problem with that).

She gracefully grabbed to rubber rods and flung her crisp converses back and pushed them into the air.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I love swings actually. But swing sets are a little too small for me now, so I have to go to parks. :(
Sha-Nikki
Settled in Forks

Post by Sha-Nikki »

I love swing sets too!

blasphemous_contessa wrote: My 7th grade art teacher once told me

"You're not crazy if you talk to yourself, even if it's out loud. You're not even crazy if you answer yourself. You are only crazy when you ask yourself to repeat what you just said because you didn't hear or understand the phrasing."

Which of course means I'm still crazy.

I am so going to start telling my coworkers that from now on to try and prove that i am not crazy. Thanks.
~*Sha-Nikki*~
Proud member of Twilight Mafia, Team Edward, Team Bella, and Relish Dog Pound!