General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Back on the half vampire demon spawn subject- I can't see Aro not experimenting with them, although I don't think he'd let any of his test subjects live. *shudders*

On the Volturi vs everyone else topic... But no, we didn't actually get a giant death match in BD, did we? If there had been one, it would have been as epic as say, the Battle of Helm's Deep, provided someone other than Stephanie wrote it.
I'm rather convinced Aro, Marcus, and Caius came from Italy, but their wives have the weirdest names. SM is also known for choosing weird names though, so I'd tack that to it.
diane771 wrote:Benjemins ability to change the weather was fasinating
Bejamin didn't change the weather, he controlled the elements (Earth, wind, water). Like the Avatar! :D
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Back on the half vampire demon spawn subject- I can't see Aro not experimenting with them, although I don't think he'd let any of his test subjects live. *shudders*

On the Volturi vs everyone else topic... But no, we didn't actually get a giant death match in BD, did we? If there had been one, it would have been as epic as say, the Battle of Helm's Deep, provided someone other than Stephanie wrote it.
I'm rather convinced Aro, Marcus, and Caius came from Italy, but their wives have the weirdest names. SM is also known for choosing weird names though, so I'd tack that to it.
diane771 wrote:Benjemins ability to change the weather was fasinating
Bejamin didn't change the weather, he controlled the elements (Earth, wind, water). Like the Avatar! :D
Ok he could make an earth quake, make the winds blow hard and water change direction. So I used the word weather which most of what he is capable of doing is relative to weather. Well the background of the names would say so Caius is an old name as would Marcus be. I am not familar with Aro are what nationality where that name comes from. It could come from old Greece before the Roman Empire. I would need to look more into that. But it seems like they were named that at birth or took that name. Carlisle is indictive to his time that he changed. So it might just relate to the volturi also.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Last edited by ringswraith on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

ringswraith wrote:Earthquakes are not weather phenomena. Neither are fires (mostly). Benjamin's power is control over the four elements; elemental control, if you will.

I tried looking up their names. I cannot locate an origin for Aro; it is possible that it is derived from another name (Aaron? That name comes from Aron, which comes from Aharon, all of which are Hebrew and mean "mountain").

Both Marcus and Caius originated from Latin ("from the god Mars" and "rejoice" respectively).
This is the reason I think Marcus and Caius might come from the age of the Roman Empire. This is what I found the earliest usage of Aro and the come from Egypt or Greece but it could be around Alexanders time which would incumbus both.

Patrae, originally known under the name of Aroë, was a port on the Corinthian Gulf between Aegium and Dyme. As a member of the Achaean League from B.C. 280 it issued silver coins. So I would lean more to Eyh
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

diane771 wrote:
ringswraith wrote:Earthquakes are not weather phenomena. Neither are fires (mostly). Benjamin's power is control over the four elements; elemental control, if you will.

I tried looking up their names. I cannot locate an origin for Aro; it is possible that it is derived from another name (Aaron? That name comes from Aron, which comes from Aharon, all of which are Hebrew and mean "mountain").

Both Marcus and Caius originated from Latin ("from the god Mars" and "rejoice" respectively).
This is the reason I think Marcus and Caius might come from the age of the Roman Empire. This is what I found the earliest usage of Aro and the come from Egypt or Greece but it could be around Alexanders time which would incumbus both.

Patrae, originally known under the name of Aroë, was a port on the Corinthian Gulf between Aegium and Dyme. As a member of the Achaean League from B.C. 280 it issued silver coins. So I would lean more to Eyh
They are likely from the Roman Empire given the lifespan that SM gives them. Aro is a Greek name but it is also a common name in Roman times as well. Caius and Marcus are very common Roman names...Can you see these three behind the Roman Empire? I sure can

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I had a sudden image of Aro in a toga ordering the Roman Senators around. :lol: They probably had some toga parties...

I'm more interested in the wives of the Volturi than the men. I looked up Didyme- she was one of Ptolemy II's mistresses, which would put Aro and her around the Roman times. I'd almost think they were minor Roman nobles, perhaps their mother (Eww, Aro's mother. She was scary.) thought it'd be nice to name her daughter after a beautiful woman she'd heard many stories of. Caius's werewolf issues make me think of Rommulus and Remus, but he was most likely no where near their time, so pure speculation. I shall look up the other wives names...
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

lol, how ironic, because Caius seems like such a pleasant fellow...ha ha ha :)
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

New thread...

Who here thinks the Voltairs are the good guys and why? If you don't think they are they good guys why?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Last edited by ringswraith on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I think they may have started out as good, and their official "mission" is good, because it keeps the vampire population in check, keeping the destruction of humans at least under control.

But once they stopped using their "power" for only that and Aro began to use it as his own personal leverage for creating his collection, they became evil. People who abuse their power for their own ends and neglect the needs of the people they govern are evil.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...