Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Edward Cullen #5

Post by ringswraith »

Last edited by ringswraith on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

ringswraith wrote:
diane771 wrote:
ringswraith wrote:Maybe because the vast majority of readers are female and so are drawn to the (tall, pale and brooding) male lead?
You mean like we are out to save Edward from himself?
Uh, no. I mean, he's a guy, most readers are girls...
Well speaking as a female I don't look at Edward as Brooding but a person that has this wealth of knowledge, is a gentleman, painfully shy and just plain intriguing. Women like something that is new to them not the same old guys that they meet everday and so I think girls are drawn to someone who doesn't fit the mold. But thats just me. Its the interesting man who draws my attention to. Not just the same old guy that you meet.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Last edited by ringswraith on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Forgive me, Diane, but I think the general intrigue of which you speak may translate into terms as "brooding". Either way, it's only a matter of semantics.

Girls are drawn to Edward, I believe, for a variety of reasons and I believe some of it may be due to age. Young young girls who read it probably enjoy his looks and the description of perfection, and also simply because we are geared to. He's the hero. But I think that we, as women, tend to enjoy reading about the absolute ideal, which, supposedly, Edward is. I've never been one of those people. I like to see the beauty and wonder in real life, but I also occasionally enjoy the fantastical, the complete difference from what we encounter on a day-to-day basis. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out why women are so drawn to Edward, since I'm so not, and I think it's because he represents the antithesis of regular guys. I happen to like regular guys, I think they're funny, I find their various ineptitudes endearing when not upsetting. Edward doesn't have many ineptitudes that are simply endearing and not catastrophic, and he generally just doesn't have many ineptitudes.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
elisemusta
Wandering Through Town

Post by elisemusta »

holdingoutforjacob wrote: I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out why women are so drawn to Edward, since I'm so not,
Great to hear that I'm not the only one! I have really tried to see what is so wonderful in Edward but I just can't. Sometimes I have thought what is wrong with me! :lol: ..sorry off topic.. :oops:
Not bad for a prison break, eh?
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Forgive me, Diane, but I think the general intrigue of which you speak may translate into terms as "brooding". Either way, it's only a matter of semantics.

Girls are drawn to Edward, I believe, for a variety of reasons and I believe some of it may be due to age. Young young girls who read it probably enjoy his looks and the description of perfection, and also simply because we are geared to. He's the hero. But I think that we, as women, tend to enjoy reading about the absolute ideal, which, supposedly, Edward is. I've never been one of those people. I like to see the beauty and wonder in real life, but I also occasionally enjoy the fantastical, the complete difference from what we encounter on a day-to-day basis. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out why women are so drawn to Edward, since I'm so not, and I think it's because he represents the antithesis of regular guys. I happen to like regular guys, I think they're funny, I find their various ineptitudes endearing when not upsetting. Edward doesn't have many ineptitudes that are simply endearing and not catastrophic, and he generally just doesn't have many ineptitudes.
Well I can't say much if that is the way you feel, but I do think he has a good sense of humor and I wouldn't go as far to say that Edward is the perfect man. I just go for someone that has a little mystery about him. Brooding in the thesaurus is: ponder, thought mope meditate, postertity to name a few where intrigque means espionage, love affair, fascinate, interest
So lets see maybe if mystrious might be better. But I want a man that fascinates me, someone who I don't know whats ahead with us that only he loves me and I love him. I guess I am weird. I could have put down looks but to me that is just icing on the cake. But trying to find out more about him is the draw for me in his character.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

The Dark Knight wrote:
Does that make Bella, Persephone to Edward? An interesting thought…anyone?
I don't know about that, maybe Pygmalion wife's would be a better example.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Kachiti wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Does that make Bella, Persephone to Edward? An interesting thought…anyone?
I don't know about that, maybe Pygmalion wife's would be a better example.
wicked, wow, I haven't hear Pygmalion wife's mentioned in years...well done...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

diane771 wrote:
ringswraith wrote:Maybe because the vast majority of readers are female and so are drawn to the (tall, pale and brooding) male lead?
Is this another one of those, I love as you are but now I got to change you things?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

The Dark Knight wrote:
diane771 wrote:
Is this another one of those, I love as you are but now I got to change you things?
DK you of all people know what I mean and I am sure you read more. So get on your game tonight DK
heres my new video
http://s449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... 5ea8a1.pbr