General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Sam's Decisions

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

Le-Petit-Mort wrote:His decisions confused me when I got to that part. It all seemed like a totally out of control overreaction. But, I suppose it was necessary for the plot though. Actually, I kind of wanted him to kill the kid. I didn't care about Bella too much.
i agree when i got to that part i just couldn't really grasp it i was sooo confused on why he wanted to kill her although i didn't really care at that point since i didn't really care about bella anymore the one that i was thinking about was Edward and how he would probably die trying to protect her i think that would have gotten to me worse than bella's death.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Looking back on the decisions that Sam made through out the series, I started having some questions about him.

First, I think that Sam's decision to attack the Cullens was a ploy to get Jacob to become the Alpha that he was born to be. He knew that Jacob would do anything for Bella that maybe his provacation would lessen his responsibility. I think that Sam didn't really want to have anything to do with harming the Cullens but he was hoping that Jacob's love for Bella and the knowledge that Bella was going to be changed would lead Jacob into breaking the treaty.

I just got different signals from Sam, that I can't put my finger on. In one way he seemed to be the perfect leader but then he became someone who was out for revenge.

I can't get a read on him maybe after I've read the books about 2 more times, it will become clearer on what my opinion is of him.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
blackmetalkitty
Settled in Forks

Post by blackmetalkitty »

I'm not so sure that sam's decision to attack the Cullens was a ploy to get jacob to become the Alpha. I really think that Sam was quite comfortable as the alpha and was pretty committed to it. I beilive that his decision to attack the Cullens was based on the fear of the unknown, and a real belief that his family could be in danger.
I think that Sam was honestly surprised when Jacob rose up against his "command."
Moonlit Sunlight

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

skylarblue wrote:Looking back on the decisions that Sam made through out the series, I started having some questions about him.

First, I think that Sam's decision to attack the Cullens was a ploy to get Jacob to become the Alpha that he was born to be. He knew that Jacob would do anything for Bella that maybe his provacation would lessen his responsibility. I think that Sam didn't really want to have anything to do with harming the Cullens but he was hoping that Jacob's love for Bella and the knowledge that Bella was going to be changed would lead Jacob into breaking the treaty.

I just got different signals from Sam, that I can't put my finger on. In one way he seemed to be the perfect leader but then he became someone who was out for revenge.

I can't get a read on him maybe after I've read the books about 2 more times, it will become clearer on what my opinion is of him.
I think that sam was a perfect leader and when he heard that Reneseme might be a danger to the tribe as well as the pack, he panicked. Then when jacob stood up to him i sam was really surprised. I don't think that it was this plan to make Jacob become the Alpha, because if sam really had wanted jacob to become Alpha then he would have let the pack accept jake as the leader and sam wouldn't have wanted to keep the other wolves from him. Maybe sam really did want jake to break the treaty or he just might have wanted to protect the tribe. I'm not really sure though he seemed sort of bipolar to me i Breaking Dawn.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I think Sam was a good leader. Although I disagreed with his decision to attack, from his perspective, I agree that it was the right thing to do. He didn't know that Renesmee was in control of herself; she was unknown, and therefore a threat. He was prepared to defend innocent people and to do what he though was right.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I think I was upset with Sam's decisions most of the time because I'm on Jacob and Bella's side. It's hard not to be since you're reading from Bella's perspective. From an unbiased view, I guess his decisions weren't terrible, but it's very hard to be unbiased. I'm not a huge Sam fan, but he's grown on me.

I needed to finally post in this thread. I keep seeing it and my eyes are drawn to it because I keep seeing my name. Although this thread has nothing to do with me, obviously. Haha.

(800th post!)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I've always had mixed feelings about sam, and i didn't like the way he tried to force them to fight their friends in such a situation, but in saying so i do understand that he was just worried about protecting his family and friends but I still wish he dealt with the situation better.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I didn't like how Sam held Jake back from telling Bella what had happened to him, I mean she knows that the Cullens are vampires. So, why didn't se have the right to know that Jake and his friends are all turning into werewolves. Creepy as it may seem at first, I think that she had a right to know.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
DestinedForHogwarts
Settled in Forks

Post by DestinedForHogwarts »

i think we should all give sam some credit.
imagine how hard it was for him to be the first one of them to become a wolf. he had to figure it out himself with a little help from the tribe elders. he must have been so confused but when he new what his job was, he did whatever he had to to keep to his believes as a werewolf.
with the whole thing about not letting Jacob tell Bella, he thought we was protecting the pack and protecting Bella. He did not want to put someone in a dangerous position if they did not have to be.
and with deciding they had to kill Bella's baby (even though that would have been awful!), he chose that because he truly believed it to be in the best interest of not only the pack, but the whole town and it is their jobs as werewolves (shapeshifters?) to prevent any harm coming to innocent people by a vampire's hand. most importantly though, he did it for emily. although protecting innocent people is the most prominent reason, in his mind he probably was only thinking that he could not allow emily to be in any sort of danger.
while i am thankful that they never had to go through drastic measures, i am not angry with sam at all for his decisions.
twigal
Wandering Through Town

Post by twigal »

Frankly, I think that Sam overreacted in BD, just like Edward did in NM. They BOTH made decisions that were extreme that they thought were right. Sure, we may see them as him overreacting, but to him, he's just protecting his pack/tribe/town.
I'm just going to waste time wandering through town until something Twilight-related comes by.