Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by una »

FanMNM, there is a snippet? WHERE?!?! WHERE!?!?!?

I was just musing by the way. It wouldn't work for Dev to become a DH only to get his soul back if he has his HEA in the book.

I'm still interested to know how the seats on the Omicron will work...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, I'm going to try and put this in the special secret spoiler font :D I'm not too great with links and things like that...LOL

But here... http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/book_profile.php?id=92

and then I am pasting the snippet here:

THE HERO
A bouncer and self-proclaimed bodyguard for Mama and Aimee, Dev keeps a close eye on all the females at Sanctuary to make sure no one harasses them (unless they want to be harassed with the exception of Aimee--no one touches her).

The Peltiers Are:

Papa Bear (Aubert)
Mama Lo (Nicolette)

Listed in birth order:

Alain
Zar
Cherif (Identical Quad/eldest)
Dev (Identical Quad)
Remi (Identical Quad)
Quinn (Identical Quad/youngest)
Aimee
Etienne
Griffe (Serre's identical twin)
Serre (Griffe's identical twin)
Cody (Kyle's fraternal twin)
Kyle (Cody's fraternal twin)

THE HEROINE
Samia puts "hunt" in the word Dark-Huntress. She loves a good chase and thrives on toying with her prey.

The last of her Amazon tribe, she died opposing Rome's oppression. She only has one use for men--target practice (although she is fond of her DH brothers). She also loves to taunt Acheron.

As lethal as she is beautiful, Sam enjoys her job and lives for the nighttime where she is free to roam the streets.

She is one of the infamous Dogs of War. Hunters so bad, they are constantly watched.

The Dogs are:

Radon
Blade
Ethon
Cabeza
Tafari
Kalidas
Chi
Sam

Edit: YAY! I found the font :) I don't quite understand when the book is due to come out...one place says Aug. 4, 2010 and then the excerpt says Decemeber. I know I'm hoping for sooner rather than later but who knows? And the Dogs of War mentioned...those are the guys Ash gets to train Nick at the end of Dream Warrior! Were they called Dogs of War when he introduced them to Nick, Jericho, and Delphine? Can't remember. Forgot to add one little bit...

BOOK EXCERPT
Coming in December.

See what happens when a Were mixes with a Dark-Hunter.

The Daimons are back and the DH learn their new secret.

Things with Nick heat up and Thorn returns with an explosive meeting between him and Jaden.

Sparks fly as rules aren't broken. They're shattered.

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Thank you Fan! I don't consider that a spoiler - that is the book description!

Wasn't she in the Seattle book?
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

FanMNM, the book comes out August 4, 2010, but the excerpt is going to be posted sometime in December - that's what it meant. I know...we have SOOO long to wait!

The Dogs of War were introduced and they are the ones training Nick. I can't wait for this book!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Weren't there some female hunters introduced in the Seattle book? That's who I was thinking of. Oh, but I think one preferred females - which would exclude her from Dev's HEA!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

When we were first introduced to Dev and his family, I really hoped Kenyon would write a book about him. Now I can't wait! I knew that the Dogs of War sounded familiar but I couldn't remember where they first appeared. Good call on Jericho's book! I hope it's April and not December...that's just too far away!

P.S. I did read that snippet once I found out that Dev's book was coming out. I thought you all knew otherwise I would've posted it. My bad... :oops:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

ok so i know i am behind and have yet to read BMR.. but I just wanted to come here and comment on the fact that I finished Acheron's book. And let me just tell you... I cried, I laughed, I wanted to burn the book... it was fantastic. The thing is, is that I was watching a youtube video interview with Kenyon and she had said something about knowing what was the deal with Ash and Kyrian's daughter Marissa and why she was so important. But when I thought back to the book I didnt remember anything that was said. Does anyone know the deal with that? But anyways, I loved loved loved the book!! woot.. now I am half way through Stryker and then 1 short story and 2 books to BMR. I have a week and a half to get through these I hope I can do it! lol..
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I haven't read BMR yet either so I've been trying to avoid this thread to the best of my abilities and of course I haven't accomplished that. I have stumble across things but I kind of knew they were going to happen and the new names that have been mentioned, I can't wait to read about.

Lil, from what I remember, I don't think there was ever a reason or explanation of why Marissa was gonna play an important role. I just think that we are given the idea that she is very important down the line and we will have to wait an see. Possible HEA Nick (now that would be interesting), or some other person down the DH/WH line.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

twilightmom wrote:I just finished reading... *sigh* I'm so sad it's over (THIS IS NOT A COMMENT ON THE BOOK!) It's like when I couldn't wait to read Breaking Dawn, and when I devoured it, I missed it once it was over. (Which is what lead me to the LEX!) Anyhow, I have that empty, lonely feeling inside - I think I'll need to re-read. It went by too fast. For anyone that has read, feel free to PM me if you want to discuss...
I felt the same way. I started it just before bed Friday night, read about 60 pages. Got up Saturday morning and read while everyone was getting ready to go to the cottage, read in the car on the way there, went for a swim, got out, grabbed the book and hopped on the hammock for a while. Went swimming again, got out, parked myself in the lounger, finished reading it. I was done by 2 p.m.

I hated to fly through it so fast but it was so freaking good that I couldn't put it down. I LOVED it. Abso-freaking-lutely loved it.
twilight813 wrote:ok so i know i am behind and have yet to read BMR.. but I just wanted to come here and comment on the fact that I finished Acheron's book. And let me just tell you... I cried, I laughed, I wanted to burn the book... it was fantastic. The thing is, is that I was watching a youtube video interview with Kenyon and she had said something about knowing what was the deal with Ash and Kyrian's daughter Marissa and why she was so important. But when I thought back to the book I didnt remember anything that was said. Does anyone know the deal with that? But anyways, I loved loved loved the book!! woot.. now I am half way through Stryker and then 1 short story and 2 books to BMR. I have a week and a half to get through these I hope I can do it! lol..
I bawled my eyes out when I read Ash. It was another one of those, I can't put it down books and I flew through it in a matter of a day or two. It broke my heart in ways I never thought imagineable but I loved the experience of reading it.
una

Post by una »

You guys are right, we know that Ash knows Marissa is special (and wanted by the Daimons) but WE don't know why. Grr... I like the possible HEA with Nick, but since Nick and Ash are still "close", I don't' think he is able to "see" that.

Yup, TwiMom, the gal you are thinking of from Rayvn's book liked girls, not guys.