Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Edward and Bella 2

Post by The Dark Knight »

moon sidhe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote: "Put up your duke, Put up your dukes?" Where's this quote from....

It sounds like it's the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz.

We have a winner...Now, how is the Cowardly Lion and Edward simular?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

He's not. 8-) ding, ding, ding,
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

diane771 wrote:He's not. 8-) ding, ding, ding,
Actually he needed a heart that needed fixing... ;)

Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

una wrote:Good observation and I agree. However, I think what we were leaning towards is the idea that some people have about finding someone and thinking, if they would just stop doing this or start doing that, they'd be perfect. Or those that enter a relationship with the "need" to "fix" someone. I never saw either Edward nor Bella attempting to fix the other. They accepted each other, flaws and all. Now, I agree, people can change and it is usually and outside force that makes them change...but only if THEY personally WANT to change.
Ah, that makes more sense now. Of course, the idea of "fixing" someone while in a relationship is where self-knowledge comes in. One with such an understanding, I believe, is in a better position to accept quirks in others. People who don't know and accept themselves have a hard time doing so with others and tend to project their insecurities onto the other person, whether the "flaw" is actually there or not.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

The Dark Knight wrote:Actually he needed a heart that needed fixing... ;)
Huh? I thought that was the Tin Man. Ok, now I have that America song stuck in my head, thanks Dark Knight!
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

The Dark Knight wrote:
diane771 wrote:He's not. 8-) ding, ding, ding,
Actually he needed a heart that needed fixing... ;)
No DK the Tin Man needed a heart The Lion needed courage. Gotcha again. Wow!
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

So in an attempt to bring what appears to be an off-subject discussion of the Wizard of Oz back to point, is Edward more the Cowardly Lion, looking for courage or is he the Tin Man looking for a heart? I can assume no one here would think he is the Scarecrow looking for a brain or Dorothy trying to find her way home...or Toto for that matter - just along for the ride. :lol: ETA: Keeping this about Edward AND Bella...who would Bella be? (I've moved this question in terms of Edward only to the Edward thread....so in this thread...make sure that the character that Edward and Bella both resemble also have a logical connection to each other)
Angelvamp wrote:Ah, that makes more sense now. Of course, the idea of "fixing" someone while in a relationship is where self-knowledge comes in. One with such an understanding, I believe, is in a better position to accept quirks in others. People who don't know and accept themselves have a hard time doing so with others and tend to project their insecurities onto the other person, whether the "flaw" is actually there or not.
I agree, I feel that people who have a realistic understanding and acceptance of themselves tend to be more accepting of others and their perceived flaws. Now, I think we've discussed how both Edward and Bella both have their own insecurities...could this be the root of some of their relationship/boundary issues?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Una, you're jsut going to have to keep up, we love our rabbit wholes...

Cowardly Lion and Edward...well Edward has to find the courage to get a life...for 100 years he lived and breathed but it was existing...now with Bella and all the trouble she brings he must find the courage to take life by the horns and get on with it...no more hiding behind Rosalie's skirts... :lol:

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Whew! What alternate universe Lex did I end up in, where posters don't have to listen to the mods?? :lol:

I don't particularly see how Bella and Edward relate to any wizard of Oz characters at all, actually, because I don't think either of them were searching for anything.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Whew! What alternate universe Lex did I end up in, where posters don't have to listen to the mods?? :lol:

I don't particularly see how Bella and Edward relate to any wizard of Oz characters at all, actually, because I don't think either of them were searching for anything.

Mod's are peopel too, if una has any issue with me she'll pm me...besides she's nugging us not dictating...soem of us are harder to nug... ;)

Well Dorthy wasn't searching for anything till the house fell on the wicket witch of the west either...So does that make Edward the wicket witch of the northwest and Bella the house? :lol: Nest they'll show up on the MTV video awards and show Edward getting his butt handed to him by the Volturi, (Go tean Vulturi). That's makes Aro out to be Oz then...interesting paralells...