Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Skywolfe
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I didn't like it

Post by Skywolfe »

I didn't likeit either.
I didn't even want to finish it. Liek a lot of ppl have been saying, the charachters were totally no themselves. And the plot was just dissapointing. I still respect SM though. I'm gonna read the Host somedady in the near future.
If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned.

ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

i really like breaking dawn, and i dont get why other people didn't. it seems that most of the problems with other people is the fact that bella turned into a vampire, and that jacob imprinted on renesmee, ok so lets take a look out how the book would go if bella didn't turn into a vampire and jacob didnt imprint on renesmee:

ok, so bella just gave birth to renesmee, only now she really is dying 'cause she chose not to become a vampire. so bella is dead, edward is in agony, and jacob leaves because he doesnt want to see bella dead. so he's still mad @ renesmee cause she really DID kill bella now. only jacob imprinting on renesmee is not going to save her. so he goes down and attacks, he catches rosalie off guard and throws her across the room, he kills renesmee, then rosalie is furious so she goes to attack, but jacob wins and kills rosalie to.
*just so were keeping score thats 3 people already dead*
emmett gets back finds the love of his life dead and jacob (as a werewolf) standing over her corpse. emmett kills jacob in vengeance. now emmett and edward are both left without there loves, so they both fly to italy to provoke the volturi and die.
*now there's 6 people dead*
so that starts a war between the wolf pack and the rest of the cullens (carlisle & esme, alice & jasper).
the war breaks out and in the end the only survivers are: carlisle and sam, (the first one of the cullens, and the first to enter the pack).
*now there are around 24 people dead, not to mention that half of those are main characters*

if you ask me, that is one great story. lol, my point is, to all you breaking dawn haters, stephenie meyer did a great job, and the way she worked things out was perfect. unless ofcourse you like my little story above=)
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

ilovetwilight wrote:i really like breaking dawn, and i dont get why other people didn't. it seems that most of the problems with other people is the fact that bella turned into a vampire, and that jacob imprinted on renesmee, ok so lets take a look out how the book would go if bella didn't turn into a vampire and jacob didnt imprint on renesmee:

ok, so bella just gave birth to renesmee, only now she really is dying 'cause she chose not to become a vampire. so bella is dead, edward is in agony, and jacob leaves because he doesnt want to see bella dead. so he's still mad @ renesmee cause she really DID kill bella now. only jacob imprinting on renesmee is not going to save her. so he goes down and attacks, he catches rosalie off guard and throws her across the room, he kills renesmee, then rosalie is furious so she goes to attack, but jacob wins and kills rosalie to.
emmett gets back finds the love of his life dead and jacob (as a werewolf) standing over her corpse. emmett kills jacob in vengeance. now emmett and edward are both left without there loves, so they both fly to italy to provoke the volturi and die.
so that starts a war between the wolf pack and the rest of the cullens (carlisle & esme, alice & jasper).
the war breaks out and in the end the only survivers are: carlisle and sam, (the first one of the cullens, and the first to enter the pack).
*now there are around 24 people dead, not to mention that half of those are main characters*

if you ask me, that is one great story. lol, my point is, to all you breaking dawn haters, stephenie meyer did a great job, and the way she worked things out was perfect. unless ofcourse you like my little story above=)
That's your opinion sweetie. I sure as hell don't live by it.

I despised Breaking Dawn for a number of reasons, all of which others have mentioned already. My main thing is that she stole Jacob's free will with imprinting, something he as a character was opposed to all along. She then proceeded to butcher Bella's character by shelving her love for Edward for the sake of being a mother. Even my mother didn't act that way when my brother was born, and she and my father are nowhere near as romantic as Edward and Bella.

She then proceeded to butcher what could have been a great finale by making it a so called "battle of wills" rather than a fight, stating that a ton of people would have died if it had come to conflict with the Volturi. Yeah, right, it wasn't a battle of wills at all. Bella showed off, Jane and Alec showed off, the Volturi left. None of the Cullens nor the pack died in Eclipse during the big fight, and that was minus Seth, Edward, and Bella, whose freaky-shield thing (which pissed me right off, it was so cliche) would've more or less protected them all from Alec/Jane etc. It was a cop-out ending, and it was too perfect at that. She ruined the whole point of choice and sacrifice that was apparent from book one...the thing that amde us all go, " Gosh, if I was Bella, what would Ido?"...she gave Bella everything she wanted and more on a silver platter. She didn't have to give up anything at all. Not motherhood. Not jake. Not her father. Not even being social. The books were somewhat realistic until Breaking Dawn. Then it jumped the shark. It became a fairytale, which it enver was before. It was dark in the first three books, it was deep. Tehre was meaning. All of that meaning got sucked out with Breaking Dawn. It was two-dimensional and fake. It sounded worse than a bad fanfiction. I regret spending sixteen dollars on it

Well, at least Ican escape the torture, I'm seeling New Moon, Eclipse, and breaking Dawn tonight. Hope SM is happy...her piss-poor finale turned me off the series completely.

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
onebreath
Wandering Through Town

Post by onebreath »

RajaniArchana wrote: That's your opinion sweetie. I sure as hell don't live by it.

I despised Breaking Dawn for a number of reasons, all of which others have mentioned already. My main thing is that she stole Jacob's free will with imprinting, something he as a character was opposed to all along. She then proceeded to butcher Bella's character by shelving her love for Edward for the sake of being a mother. Even my mother didn't act that way when my brother was born, and she and my father are nowhere near as romantic as Edward and Bella.

She then proceeded to butcher what could have been a great finale by making it a so called "battle of wills" rather than a fight, stating that a ton of people would have died if it had come to conflict with the Volturi. Yeah, right, it wasn't a battle of wills at all. Bella showed off, Jane and Alec showed off, the Volturi left. None of the Cullens nor the pack died in Eclipse during the big fight, and that was minus Seth, Edward, and Bella, whose freaky-shield thing (which pissed me right off, it was so cliche) would've more or less protected them all from Alec/Jane etc. It was a cop-out ending, and it was too perfect at that. She ruined the whole point of choice and sacrifice that was apparent from book one...the thing that amde us all go, " Gosh, if I was Bella, what would Ido?"...she gave Bella everything she wanted and more on a silver platter. She didn't have to give up anything at all. Not motherhood. Not jake. Not her father. Not even being social. The books were somewhat realistic until Breaking Dawn. Then it jumped the shark. It became a fairytale, which it enver was before. It was dark in the first three books, it was deep. Tehre was meaning. All of that meaning got sucked out with Breaking Dawn. It was two-dimensional and fake. It sounded worse than a bad fanfiction. I regret spending sixteen dollars on it

Well, at least Ican escape the torture, I'm seeling New Moon, Eclipse, and breaking Dawn tonight. Hope SM is happy...her piss-poor finale turned me off the series completely.
I definitely wasn't as upset by it as you but I do agree that it turned quite fantastical in BD. And as well, that the questions of sacrifice raised in Twilight all but disappeared come the final book. It lost the intrigue and feeling that 'impossible love' could happen. I like the idea presented in Twilight that Bella was making a choice but that it would mean she did have to give something up. By BD, she essentially had no other choice than to become immortal, making the impossible all within very reasonable reach. A small counter argument could be, though, that Bella did make the choice earlier. She was ready, able and very willing to turn immortal. It just so happened that she didn't have to actually give anything up to be with Edward. And I do suppose she was faced with a number of difficult questions trying to protect her family but again, as you said, she didn't have to sacrifice anything. It's a nice thought but not necessarily realistic (well,if anything in that realm can be considered realistic).

I also see what you mean about Renesmee edging Edward out of number one place in Bella's heart. I do not have children myself so perhaps it's something that only a parent can experience but I disliked that BD was no longer about Edward and Bella and their love. It was about a wonderful and influential little girl who had the ability to make anyone do anything for her. You only had to meet her and you were willing to risk your life to make sure she lived. *shrug* ok. And I got the impression, despite the theme throughout the previous three books, that by the last 1/4 of BD Bella may have been able to survive without Edward at that point but NEVER without Renesmee (even though she had held the same feeling for Edward all along). Something was lost and I do admit I was a little disappointed.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

ilovetwilight wrote:i really like breaking dawn, and i dont get why other people didn't. it seems that most of the problems with other people is the fact that bella turned into a vampire, and that jacob imprinted on renesmee, ok so lets take a look out how the book would go if bella didn't turn into a vampire and jacob didnt imprint on renesmee:

that's great that you have that opinion. however, we have ours, and you obviously haven't taken the time to understand them. so please, remember that this thread is for Not Liking Breaking Dawn, and only that.

i had a real problem with the fact that it was actually the most unrealistic for me. a battle of wills? come on. SM says that for her to be able to do a realistic battle, the death toll would be very high. but why does it have to be that way?? she's writing it! i'd rather have a more interesting, climactic, better written ending that may not be totally realistic (fantasy in a world of vampires and werewolves - heaven forbid!).

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

to holdingoutforjacob:

yea, i agree with you there=) i didn't hate the book, but i didn't think it was that bad. i didn't mind the fact that jacob imprinted on renesmee, because i didn't want him to always be "being dragged across a raizor bed" as jacob put it, i'd rather have him be happy, then always be in love with bella, but can never have her. but i think that there were things that could have been done/written (whatever) better.
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
jess_marie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by jess_marie »

Lie wrote:I was completely numb reading Breaking Dawn.
I'm not sure what my opinion is, but I think it falls here.

The mutant hybrid Loch Ness Mary Sue thing...no. Just no.
Bella became a supermommy. I mean, last time I checked, Edward was the most important thing in her life and now it's the...the THING??!?!

Renesmee is a perfect little thing, just like it's mommy. Aww (Kill it! Kill it!).

Then, B&E relationship was all about sex.
In the other books, a touch, a kiss...was so much, that their love was obvious.
AND NOW ALL THEY DO IS HAVE SEX?!!?!

This book was like a young adult Disney novel, no conflict, and a crappily-ever-after.

Overall Rating: F-

I don't know if I agree with the overall rating of an F-, but the responses this user gave was pretty much dead on for me. It's not that it was a HORRIBLE book... I just think we as the fans were expecting a little more. With each book, the story got better...with this one, it flat-lined.

TEAM EDWARD
because vampires sparkle, duh.
flying fish
Settled in Forks

Post by flying fish »

For me i didn't dislike breaking dawn but i didnt love it either! It had to end someway and this is how it ended! But the more i think about it the more it grows on me!
krissf
Settled in Forks

Post by krissf »

Ok so I liked Breaking Dawn.I have to admit that the first time I read it I was little disappointed but after another read through of the complete series,from 1st to last I liked it.At first i HATED Jacobs POV.I thought for a change put in Edwards point of view.As much as I wouldve loved that I think that Jacobs point was interesting.There are things that Ioved and things I hated,so I dont think the book is perfect even though i liked it.My fave chapters are up until Jacobs POV.
I loved the wedding scene and the honeymoon was great as well.I'm hating that everyone is saying that Bella and Edward became sex crazed.i don't believe that that is so.They are acting like any other normal teenagers who are having sex for the first time and HELLOOOO they just got married.Thats pretty much what happens when you get married and love someone.As for it becoming more evident after Bella is changed well, it was explained that when you become a vampire ALL aspects of yourself become intensified so why would this be any different.There wasnt alot about sex in the book it was only referenced a few times and that was it.It was nice to see the last aspect of their relationship completed.it was nice to see that they could finally be together without the fear of hurting one another or Edwards constant fear of killing Bella.I think that this last aspect of the relationship needed to be addressed because of the fact that Bella is ment to be relatable.Well when I was 18 I could totally relate to her feeling and the desires she had so it being addressed was really a must.
It was great to see Edward and Bella's relationship evolve alot more as well.Throughout the book they became proper adults.The odds are always against them from the very beginning of their relationship but they managaed to overcome everything thrown at them.
Bella getting pregnant threw me a bit but it was nice to see that they could both get what they wanted and become a proper family.Giving Edward something that he obviously wanted and Bella something that she she needed(well i believe she needed).
Jacob breaking from the pack was actually pretty cool because he did this in order to protect Bella without even knowing what she was carrying.It was good to get a little more insight into Jacob.I know that alot of people don't like Jacob but it really took me a few read throughs of New Moon to get to like Jacob and see him for the wonderful person that he is.He is truly a great guy and a guy that can be related to in real life.What really got me to like Jacob was reading 'being Jacob Black'( on SM website)
I almost cried when Edward and Jacob had their conversation.It shows JUST HOW MUCH he would do to protect Bella.It really showed Edwards human side as well.The one thing i cannot fathom is how he would think that Bella would just give up whatever they thought she was carrying in order to preserve her own life.He should have known that she was doing it all for him because he wanted a child and it was HIS child that she was carrying.How could he not see that!!He is right though that in some aspects Jacob knows Bella better.
Jacob imprinting on Nessie was a little odd.At least he is happy finally.
As much as I wanted bloodshed I still liked that it had the odd twist to have it end as a mental game,How many of our beloved Cullens would have been lost if they had of battled it out?I liked the fact that no one was lost and they all had a happy ending.My fave part was when Bella let Edward finally read her mind.letting him see just how severly she loves him,that the love they have for one another is equal but but runs deep within each other.

My fave parts:
The wedding
The honeymoon
Bella being changed was somewhat a very intimate part in the book which i found well written.
After Bella was Changed
Bella birthday gift and the months that followed
Pretty much all Bella and Edward parts even when he was going insane
Jacob TRYING to explain to Bella about the imprinting.

So yeah I liked the book.Not all of it, there where bits and pieces that are odd and kinda meh but other than that once you read it through, reading all the books simultaniously you come to see it for what it is.It was good that it wasnt exactly ended the way the fans would have wanted.We got Edward and Bellas happy ending so why shouldnt SM end it they way she thinks, with mental games.I liked it that way(not as much as bloodshed would have been better) because we also got to see a different ending to a book for a change. The book is what it is and it still fits within the saga.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

why do people who like the book insist upon posting here?? THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR!

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...