Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

animegaijingirl wrote:

BTW, my friends and neighbours and I are cracking up that I now live between a prostitute downstairs (well, I could say alleged, but come on people, we ALL know) and (now that he's done with training) a policeman upstairs!! J and I are in the sandwich of lawful and lawlessness hahaha

Talk about getting caught between a rock and a "hard" place.

LMAO---I kill me.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Ahhh! Hubby may be losing his job! His company lost their 2 biggest clients today! WTF! The owner (and his boss) was like, ok this is really bad news...
LOVELY!
There are only 4 ppl in his company...Him, a girl just below him and the boss (and the partner of the boss, who doesnt do anything but payroll and obviously the boss cant fire her wife so...) So T thinks they may have to fire someone simply to afford to stay in business, and while he is the employee with the most knowledge...he is also the one with the bigger paycheck.
Im hoping they just try to pick up more clients, but we shall see. So Im kinda freaking out and I dont want to add that stress to him cause he is already stressed. So of course I come here and dump on you cause hes on FB lol

Anyway...so that is the crap...

Good news is...I like Obie's new optimistic status updates on FB...cause right now I keep running them through my head over and over lol...could be worse, could be worse!

Megs...I know how you love you some Irish and some Sox! So happy you get to go to the game! Have fun!!!

Obie "rock and a hard place" was really funny LOL
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

@ Becca – I’m expecting some serious notes on the book okay! Can’t wait for it to arrive! Love the homail. My keyboard has his moments also. It is wireless and sometimes just for the pleasure to piss me off he eats the letters randomly. So, I never know what to expect and have to proofread the every single thing I type.

@ Cappu – How are things sweetie?

@ Janny – Better hun?

@ Misty – I wish there were something I could do to help. But you can count on me sending good vibes to you. I have a friend that is almost fired living in NY, since he works in a business that I know of, IT, I told him about very good opportunities here, he is Indian and doesn’t mind moving… If there’s anything at all, please, do not hesitate to say, or rant/blow off steam. I ♥ you my lexilyng!

The Vampire Diaries: I also came to the conclusion that I will watch it no matter how similar it may be to other stories. It’s vampires for god’s sake; they are bound to get repetitive after a while. But the only thing that is bothering me is: That is not Elena in that show, that is Bella. Simple as that. The Elena from the books is blonde, has lapis lazuli blue eyes, almost Rosalie like, queen of the school engaged in school affairs, strong willed to all ends! She is self centered to a point, a bit spoiled and driven.

Obi tag:

Name: Paula / Paulinha / Pê
Year you graced us by being born: 1981
Locale: Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais - Brazil
Slave to da man? : Yes, I’m a freelancer who does translations, makeup and pc repair.
Spawn?: Nope
Doing anyone? : Nope, but I will, soon!
Tats/Piercings: No tats, pierced ears 2 in each.
Attracted to: Tall, dark and handsome. No blonds, plz. Hahaha. The guy must be taller than me, so 5’11” and up. Not too thin or muscular. Beyond that, he only has to know how to make me laugh, keep up with me and bring new things to the circle.
Turn offs : Extreme religious ppl (your views are yours, not mine, so don't push), discrimination, .
TV Watching: True Blood, Gossip Girl, America’s Next Top Model, Fringe, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Dollhouse, Ghost Whisperer, The Big Bang Theory, Dr. House. Can’t wait to watch The Beautiful Life and Eastwick.
Reading: The second book of Vampire Diaries: The Struggle. And waiting for a few to arrive: The first 4 of the Dark Tower series, the first 4 from Black Dagger Brotherhood, The fisrt 4 of The Immortal series…. Damn amazon.com
Lex member you want to recommend....All of them. They are my Lex family and I love them all!
Favorite movie of all time: Contact, Sunshine, Event Horizon (yeah, I’m a big Sci-fi fan), Gone with the wind, Father if the Bride 1 and 2, Dracula, Undeworld 1,2, and 3, and all Die Hards.

Your Turn!
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Be back for the tag later Paula :D just wanted to :

*HUG* Misty and say come yell and scream to us hun, that really sucks and I hope the situation resolves ASAP either with him staying in the job or with an even better one opening up *crossing fingers madly*
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

For Misty:)

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.

I'm a cornball when it comes to quotes. Thank Oprah for that one above, and I promise to keep updating my FB stat with quotes for you:)

We've all been there or are there. Know that some nutjobs that love twilight all around the world are pulling for you!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Thanks guys...it does feel better having you nutty twilight fans around!

Paulinha~ Hubs is IT too...and I don't think it will be as hard for him to get another job as he does...but who knows...half the time he gets to work from home, so he is really fighting a job where he has to go in to the same Co every day...

Becca *HUGS* thanks a lot! REALLY.

Obie OMG that quote about made me cry...shoulda known it was the big "O"...

Seriously girls thanks! Im praying either its not going to be as bad as he thinks and they can keep things going....or he'll get some sweet a$$ job making more money with better benefits!

Sorry I'm Debbie Downer today! Tomorrow I'll try to be more...Amy Pohler, or Tina Fey (then I can be Hawt and funny!)
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Misty, if you're Tina Fey I'm coming over like NOW and making you say witty things about people. Forever. Because she's just that awesome. *sigh* sorry, caught up in my girl crush here! Yay! A woman famous for being funnier than the guys, smart, pretty, and NOT for getting naked! What's not to love!

And um, when you said the big O I got other thoughts in my head at first, that involved unicorns. Just sayin. But we all know my brain's wired that way LOL <3 :twisted: :mrgreen:

Also, just need to make a little announcement about my fave day of the year (or one of them!)
September 19th is INTERNATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY!!!
Avast!! I hope ye dastardly wenches and scurvy dogs join me in me endevour to shiver me timbers and blow me man down *cough that came out wrong cough* ;)
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

Name: Cas/Lins
Year you graced us by being born: 1987
Locale: Alabama
Slave to da man? : Yes, student and campus police dispatcher
Spawn?: Nope
Doing anyone? : Nope
Tats/Piercings: No tats, pierced ears in the lobe and top of my left ear.
Attracted to: Not really too picky. Taller than me. Not morbidly obese, other than that nothing too specific.
Turn offs : do I really have to answer this?
TV Watching: House, NCIS, Criminal Minds, CSI.
Reading: Books for class. Constitutional Law, Organic Chemistry, and Spanish
Lex member you want to recommend....ah heck I can't pick one.
Favorite movie of all time: Harry Potter
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Name: Tilly/Amanda
Year you graced us by being born: 1987
Locale: Pennsylvania
Slave to da man? : If by slave to the man you mean Shane, then yes... because I'm a housemaker
Spawn?: Not yet
Doing anyone? : Yep... the love of my life named Shane... him who I am marrying in 2011 since we moved the wedding back... AGAIN
Tats/Piercings: 2 Tatts... One triquetra on my right hip, and an eighth note with my grandmother's initials underneath on the left hip... thinking about a tone more... and ears are done a total of three times on each side... the lobes twice and the cartilage on each side
Attracted to: Skinny guys that play sports... and the occasional muscle man
Turn offs : being proper... I'm not proper don't be proper
TV Watching: House, NCIS, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Greek
Reading: Anything and everything... Sookie Stackhouse, Jane Austen, The Host, Dorian Grey... things of that nature
Lex member you want to recommend:... seriously? Do I have to? How about the entire Gen Y?
Favorite movie of all time: Fight Club, Scream, Transformers, Se7en... yea I think that's it
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Name: Cappu/Maria
Year you graced us by being born: 1982
Locale: Tornio, Finland
Slave to da man? : Only to my own man 8-)
Spawn?: Yep; Rebekka Aada Josefin, Santeri Elias Sebastian & Kasperi Leo Tapio
Doing anyone? : Yes, my common-law hubby

Tats/Piercings: I wish! I think small is beautiful when it comes to these things. I could have a few small tats on my body. I'd like a bellyring but other piercings aren't that intriguing to me. I'd like a family of wolves on my back, it could be a bit big if it's not too "heavy" if you know what I mean...

Attracted to: regular guys, nerds, jocks... guys in general. i don't mind the type if the personality is good. I do like a nice chinline and honest eyes... I do like a slightly toned body.. If you'd look at my past boyfriends, it might seem I'm not too picky and they've got nothing incommon. they're just sweet guys, few a little more edgy. hubby is a regular guy with some geeky side; games, and he's so interested in how everything works, he can fix anything. fashinating. He just looks like a sexy regular guy. To me anyways. :P
Turn offs : too skinny is a turn off, as are too big muscles.. hunching. a man looks limp if he has a bad posture. show a little backbone! Being a Vulgar Language Is Ugly is also a major turn off. I'm not so drawn to bad boys.

TV Watching: Supernatural, House, NCIS, CSI, CSI Miami, Criminal minds, L Word, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, etc. I watch too much TV. Pretty much anything with action and comedy if it's done well. Some romance as well but way too much of those crime shows.

Reading: Still in middle of the Gargoyle. Haven't had much chance to concentrate on it. I agreed with Chiara that I'll send it to her next but she still hasn't sent me her adress. I guess she's really busy with the wedding. Reading in general: romance plays a bigger art in my reading than other entertainment. Action, heroes, and a slight comedic touch is always welcome. Sometimes crime mysteries. There's also lots of fantasy and scifi themes in my reading. I started reading the Star wars books earlier this year. I'd like to re-read David Eddings' Belgarion- and Malorean-sagas in english. I read them in Finnish at 14 and loved them.

Favorite movie of all time: Back to the Future. That's gotta be the one if I have to chooce just one. i can watch it again and again and... There's action, comedy and romance, duh! all my fave genres. Star wars is another classic. I like Marvel movies because I'm so into heroes, especially superheroes. lol. I do like the occational girly-girl movie too. I like movies where people have dreams and goals and they reach them. I know, so... :roll: Music plays a big part in movies. If there isn't any, I get numb and bored fast. Every movie needs a bit of music. I also like movies with a lot of music. And dance flicks. I like some horror movies. OK, I'm pretty wide in taste...

DANG it's getting cold in here! Only +2 degrees celsius this morning. My throat was sore again, even though the window was closed all night. Our toilet is an ****** fridge since the heater doesn't work properly there. Again. JT needs to use his capable hands again.. Nice to freeze my bum... I also had to dig out the winter clothes for the kids. Emma took the boys out since she doesn't have school today. Yay, lazy day for me! :D Not even much cleaning to do. *does a victory dance* :lol: