Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by debussygirl »

mrs0cullen wrote:
debussygirl wrote:I see Nessie as a mix of mental ages. She could probably read Dickens and so is like college level in academics, but life teaches you so much more of that, and she's only had about four months of life when BD ended. So I think she's still a child in that way, that the world is still fresh and new to her.

well think she was born in less then a month after bella getting pregnant. so each month...in my eyes is equivelent to nine. so four months would be thirty six months which is three years. so her mind is about three years old after four months.
But how many three-year-olds can read and understand what they are reading?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

How I wrote her for my fanfics was that she was emotionally still young-- but mentally matured. In LAF the chapters I wrote from her POV, she was 4 years old and looked around 11, show that she fights with herself internally. She'll know she's being immature/childish, yet she can't help her feelings.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Kind of a dumb, general question, but does anyone have any idea what she'll be like when she grows up-can't be very easy being physically 18 and even older mentally, but being 7 years old in chronological time. And how will she handle humans-Renesmee can blend in, but how will she understand and identify with humans and vampires? And as a piddly stupid crap question, does anyone think that Nessie may become a little goth or emo in her dress/appearance(maybe not personality wise, at least as far as steriotypes go, but play up her vampire origins as a private joke, maybe?).

I did write a couple of fan fictions that I'll post links to in that area later on maybe, and they deal with my theories on that topic, which like with many things Renesmee related, are open for debate(as there is no defintive story about her as a teen/adult, nothing is firmly known about her post BD).
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Chernaudi, one of my fanfics is Renesmee's story-- the POVs are from her and then the same chapter is in Bella or Edward's. So far I've gotten good feedback regarding how I portray her if you're interested-- but you'd probably want to read Life After Forks first.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

To be honest(not to give too much away), in some ways, I wrote Renesmee like that(the asides and her sometimes being in a bad or worried mood), but my take on that was that she was a little nicer about it and tried not to act so worried or upset.

She does, however, get very upset when someone close to her endangers him/herself in something that Nessie considers meaningless or over the top. And she's slightly goth/emo-not as a mentality or the dominant force in her personality, but something she kinda plays with out of fun(playing on her hybrid bloodlines). And also to lightheartedly poke fun at goth/vampire steriotypes(mostly from my view).

And I also would like to know how useful her powers are-the Volturi are always looking for vampires that have unique powers that can be of some use to them. But since Renesmee's power is the opposite of Aro's and she can break though mental sheids when she wants to, would either be useful to the Volturi leaders, and what uses would Renesmee herself have for them, especally in the human world or around other vampires?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I know that these stories are fictional and that theories about the novels's charaters may be pointless, nothing much will make sense unless the author states such info.

But I do have a question about Renesmee and her ablitiy to reproduce. Of course, if Nessie can have periods, she can reproduce, at least in theory. But is she even capable of having periods?

The reason for this is that periods are triggered when girls enter their early teens because hormones are triggered when the said girls have enough body fat stored to help nourish a growing baby in them. However, since Renesmee mostly drinks blood and it's fully abosorbed(ie, no body fat builds up), will that slow down her devlopment in that area, ie, will she enter puberty when physically she's in her early teens(when she's about 4 or so years old at the rate that she's growing)? Or will she have to eat human food to trigger those hormones?

And also, when she stops aging when she becomes an adult, does that mean that she's completely frozen(not likely, as Naulel continues to eat human food occasionally), or merely that physically she just won't get any older appearance-wise and that some biological changes(food digestion, periods, hair and nail growth, etc) will contiune?

Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

There are not actual answers to those questions. SM never elaborated on them in her personal notes so it's up to the imagination. My version of her is completely different than other people who have written fanfics while she is grown. I believe that's why they are by far the most difficult fanfics to write. She is the only SM character that we really don't know. We only got a very very very minute look into her personality/life. I'm not going to go into more detail about my version bc my fanfic is still being written and I want to give away nothing :) But yeah, everyone can speculate whether or not she can have kids or if her and Jake could have kids... there is no right or wrong.
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

The child question is one of my biggest when it comes to her. Like, can she not have children period after she's fully grown? Maybe she just won't be able to have one with Jacob or any other werewolf? And if Jacob and Nessie do have a kid, wth is it?
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

I'm rereading BD and the thought occurred to me about Renesmee's talents once she gets a little older. And because I'm in the throes of the NM soundtrack, I'm thinking that she'll end up very musically talented, like her father. She's exposed to music so early (Edward humming to her) and she receives the iPod with 5,000 songs on it (wow!) for Christmas, with having her smarts, how can she not be musically gifted?

I enjoy you folks so much! I've read a lot of thread #2 and appreciate the whole debate about Renesmee's genetic makeup. What an intelligent and insightful group we have here!
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

I can definitely see Nessie having musical talents. Edward can teach her to play the piano!!
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen