Re: Chapter 24 ~ Vote

Post by jasperhale003 »

what did Edward break?
ImageImage
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

1. What did you think of Bella's epiphany? Do you think she was justified in believing that Edward didn't love her and that the fact that he really did stunned her? hmmm...he did leave her, but she should have known he left because he loves her more than himself. that her safety is his 1st priority, so she should have known he loved her.

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's? Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice? i could see why edward and rosalie want bella to remain human. but it's not possible or logical if she wants to be with edward.

3. Were you as stunned as Bella was when Edward asked her to marry him? How do you feel about Bella's reasons for saying no to him? very surprised. thought it was the cutest ever. very surprised by bella's reaction, but i understand her reason.

4. At this point in the series - ignoring what you know from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - did you think Bella should marry Edward? Did you think she should become a vampire as soon as possible? Or did you think she should stay mortal for a while longer?
she should definetly marry edward. maybe stay mortal a lil while for charlie's sake.
5. Did you want Edward to be the one to change Bella into a vampire? How would you feel if someone else were to change her? want edward to change her. if someone else did that would be ok i guess. but much rather have edward do it.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

1. What did you think of Bella's epiphany? Do you think she was justified in believing that Edward didn't love her and that the fact that he really did stunned her?
at the time..yes

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's? Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice?
i don't recall what i felt at the time

3. Were you as stunned as Bella was when Edward asked her to marry him? How do you feel about Bella's reasons for saying no to him?
i wans't stunned..i was reallllly happy = ]

4. At this point in the series - ignoring what you know from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - did you think Bella should marry Edward? Did you think she should become a vampire as soon as possible? Or did you think she should stay mortal for a while longer?
yes! and i thought she would become a vamp asap! lol

5. Did you want Edward to be the one to change Bella into a vampire? How would you feel if someone else were to change her?
it would be sweeter and more..romanitc..so to speak if he did it.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

1. What did you think of Bella's epiphany? Do you think she was justified in believing that Edward didn't love her and that the fact that he really did stunned her?
I loved Bella's epiphany! It was the first time in the book that I felt like I could breath again. I can understand that Bella felt if he truley loved her, how could he have left her, and she was clouded by pain!

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's? Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice?
I agreed with each of the Cullen's and I loved Emmet's responce. Classic Emmet.

3. Were you as stunned as Bella was when Edward asked her to marry him? How do you feel about Bella's reasons for saying no to him?
I thought - YES! Good for Edward. When 2 people really want to spend eternity and forever with each other... Marriage makes so much sense. I understand 18 year old Bellas as well as I understand 110 year old Edward. I am glad Bella freaked out and said "No." It did bring Bella right back to REALITY!

Heck yes! I thought Bella should marry Edward! I wanted her to become a vampire as soon as possible. I was also knew that there were 2 more books... so I had some suspicion that Bella would be human a while longer.

5. Did you want Edward to be the one to change Bella into a vampire? How would you feel if someone else were to change her?
I do want Edward to be the one who changes Bella!!! I would accept it if he wasn't although I'd be happier if he did.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

I think she new, deep down...but him leave really hurt her! so he did have to earn that back, and glad it didn't take to long!

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's? Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice? I do understand his reasoning, but what would he do when she did die? I wish he would just be like I love her want her for eternity and so does she, get on with it!! :)

3. Were you as stunned as Bella was when Edward asked her to marry him? How do you feel about Bella's reasons for saying no to him? I was, COMPLETLY didn't expect it...although I so expected her to JUMP at the chance! I thought her reason, may have been justified if her feelings weren't as they were.

4. At this point in the series - ignoring what you know from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - did you think Bella should marry Edward? Did you think she should become a vampire as soon as possible? Or did you think she should stay mortal for a while longer? I haven't read Ec and BD yet...and Yes I think for her parents sake she should marry Edward..as far as becoming a vamp - I do think she should, don't know what a year or two would matter either way though!

5. Did you want Edward to be the one to change Bella into a vampire? How would you feel if someone else were to change her? Absolutly!! it should be him!! he loves her and she him!
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I knew she would be a mess when he left her, so he did have to earn it like vamps4evr stated below.

2. I agree with everyone, oddly especially Rosalie.

3. I agree with Bella. Inside, Edward is older and ready for marriage, but Bella is only 18, not 100 or so.

4. It depends. She wants to be around the same age as Edward, but maybe this is all comign to quickly for her.

5. There is really no difference. All fo the Cullens know her well, so...
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

I knew he loved her, but I could see where she thought he didn't. It did bother me that it took her so long to believe him that he loved her at the end, but not long at all to believe thet he didn't love her when he left her in the forest. I do undertsand why though. How could she trust him to not leave her again...

It was interesting to see who choose what. I saw good points in each persons choice.

No. I thought they were a little shallow, but I could see her point. She was only 18 at the time!

I did think she should marry him. "When you've found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." Even though I did want her to become a vampire, I thought she should wait too. At least try a bit of college ;)

Yes! Soooooo much more romantic. It wouldn't be such a big deal if someone else would do it, but to have him change her....so intimate! Although, I was a little worried he wouldn't be able to do it without killing her at that point in the story...
ImageImage
krissf
Settled in Forks

Post by krissf »

From Bella's perspective I think that she was absolutely justified in thinking that he didnt love her anymore.We as the audience could see that he would have only done something like that to protect her because he had stated in Twilight that 'if leaving you is the right thing to do,then i'll hurt myself to keep from hurting you,to keep you safe'.Although in saying that she was justified in thinking that I believe she needed to have more faith in Edwards love from the beginning.I think that Bella was trul stunned at her epiphany.I think it finally ocurred to her just how deep Edwards feelings really go.

I think that the vote went the way I wanted to go.Although I am torn 2 ways about it.Edward wanting her to stay human for fear of her soul is justifiable.Although he wants to stay with her he would rather her be human and have a shorter life then doom her to hell.Rosalie has shown that she still has a choice.No one else had a choice and if they did it seems that no one else would have picked this option.Is it the only logical choice?This is the part that I am torn about.Yes it is but it isn't.No they can still remain together how they are and have a somewhat normal life together although it wouldn't be very long,but yes it is the only logical choice because they deserve happiness.They deserve as much time together as any couple in love should.Edward has chosen not to live without her and in leaving her human she has to eventually deal with the Volturi and Victoria.Why lead a scared existence when being with the one you love is going to not only make you happier but safer at the same time.

I honestly can say yes.I didn't see that coming,but I was giggling like a school girl saying say yes say yes.Bella's reasoning is very mature and understandable.She can see that as much as she loves Edward and wants to be with him forever she's still very young and being brought up to think marriage is not the best thing, you can see that she still has other issues that we don't get to know until Eclipse.

Being one who fell in love with Bella and Edward from the beginning yes i thought she should marry Edward.You could see that they are headed towards forever together from the beginning of Twilight.I idin't think though,that he would say anything about it the night he gets back.He left for 7 months and then all of a suddens its 'marry me'.I understand that they have such a profound love for each other but that just took me off gaurd,but hey I was still ecstatic.I think that she should wait a little bit longer and experience the little things in life that she would miss out on.Edward is prepared for her to stay human and wanting to experience these things with her.She doesnt fully comprehend what she will lose.Staying human a little while longer in order to figure out all these things isnt so much to ask but I suppose she does have the issue of the Volturi and Victoria.I think she should stay human and be changed when only pivitol.(and we all know thats what hapens anyway so yay)

Yes I wanted/want Edward to be the one to change her.It just wouldnt seem right for someone else to do it.Edward being the one to change her would add that little extra eliment to the relationship and really solidify that they are really one complete entity.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i think it's reasonable for someone to think that the person they love could never love them. it's just the way some people are. and she found someone like edward, it's VERY hard to believe that someone that perfect could love her. but i think after all this time she should have realized it sooner but that's just bella. it was a really beautiful moment in the book. one of my all-time favorites.

i loved the way the vote went. i was rooting for her to be a vampire the second i started twilight. of course i understand edwards reasoning but im more like bella in the sense that i dont give a crap about the bad parts, i wanna be a vampire! lol. and i definitely got where rosalie was coming from too, i thought that was another interesting moment. and finally, yes i agree with carlisle. there's no other option without something very bad coming out of it.

i was pretty shocked at first but then i realized how old he is and that he really is ready to settle down. i think bella was being stubborn, i didn't like that she was so hesitant about it, but it just shows that she thinks more of charlie and renee than what she wants.

i was all for the wedding and the vampire-turning. i wanted it to happen as fast as possible in eclipse.

i thought edward was the best choice other than carlisle. though carlisle can do it no problem, it would mean more to bella if it was edward, and it would be more comforting to her.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

No, but i didn't really believe what edward said in the beginning so it was easier to accept.

I love the way it was put to vote. I do understand edward's reasoning. Rosalie has always been a puzzle so i'm not over contemplating her decision. yes carlisle always been so wise.

Yes, but i loved it it was so out of the blue and unexpected. I feel like jumping into the book and slapping bella silly too.

Yes, i did. For her own good i thought it was in her best interest to become a vampire as soon as possible.

Yes, wouldn't that be sweet. I would dislike that very much indeed.