Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by twilight813 »

Ok so I finally finished Fang and Aimee's book and let me just say that I loved it! And all kinds of emotions went through me while I was reading... Anger, Sadness, Love.. just everything. I enjoyed their story line and I enjoyed the fact that it was a little different from the rest of her stories because we knew alot that had happened already and she was able to give us more detail about the situations. We saw more of the scene with Fang and Vane in the swamp and we saw more of why Fang was leaving Aimee presents in her room and not actually being with her. I lovedddd this book!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Just curious...has anyone read Kenyon's League series. The first one is Born of Night. They were just rereleased and I was wondering what the opinions of the books are.

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I haven't, did you like it? What's it about - roughly? I understand that it is her very first story/novel and it is just now being published, I think...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I did read it (Born of Night)....just finished actually. And I liked it. It felt like the familiar Kenyon writing (if that makes sense...LOL). The main male character (whose name is Nykyrian) reminded me ALOT of Acheron! Not to mention that his name is pretty close to Kyrian :) This book was more Sci-Fi though...a little more Star Trek. Different planets, different alien species...space ships and the like.

From what I understand, I guess Kenyon had these books published a while back but they went out of print and so now they are being rereleased? I dunno...but I thought it was a good read and I'm going to pick up the next one when it's released.

Thank you Naureen!!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I have Born of NIght but haven't read it yet. It's my book to read but I realized that I need to get a move on because her next book in the series Born of Fire comes out on November 3rd.

So, I hope this series lives up to the DH world but provides us with another glimpse into the Kenyon world.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Sherrilyn updated her website. Here is a list of her upcoming DH books:

Kyrian Part 2 Manga: 3/1/10

Chronicles of Nick: Infinity - 6/1/10

No Mercy (Dev's book!)- 8/4/10

Talon's Manga Part 1: 10/1/10 and Part 2: 3/1/11

Chronicles of Nick: Invincible 2/1/11

Snippets of the book (i.e. main characters and love interests can be found at her website
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Thanks Cullengirl! I can't believe it, maybe it is just me, but we have a long wait until Dev's book (technically the next book in the series). I wonder why....
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Thanks CG... There is a big change in that first Nick book - until just recently the publish date was Feb. 2010. What a bummer to have to wait!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

una wrote:Thanks Cullengirl! I can't believe it, maybe it is just me, but we have a long wait until Dev's book (technically the next book in the series). I wonder why....
I know! I was really bummed when I saw the date change for Nick's first book. She's writing other books from her other series in between the DH books. I can't wait that long!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

It does seem like Kenyon is putting the DH series on the back burner because she's so busy with all these other series she is working on! As much as I love her writing...I want more DH!!! :) It just seems like forever before we'll get Dev's book...and then I don't think she's even announced what comes next or when it'll be out...

Thank you Naureen!!