General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: The Twilight Saga Book Covers

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

I thought Breaking Dawn was going to be a butterfly for transition.
But the chess is still okie.
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I love how simplified the covers are with how little is on them and the lack of colours yet they subtly hint at what is to come. Very distinguishable too - ive spotted them in a bookshop just by the spine haha! Simple but effective
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
flo1190
Settled in Forks

Post by flo1190 »

i love the book covers. they look so deep and meaningful.
here are the 'official' meanings:

twilight - choice. garden of eden, snow white ect
new moon - no meaning but 'pretty'
eclipse - bella breakin away from her human life
breaking dawn - the change in bella's character from the pawn to the queen.

my opinions:

twilight - i agree that its choice, but i mainly think of it as the garden of eden. edward is the apple, tempting but dangerous.
eclipse - bella being torn between edward and jacob
breaking dawn - the same as the official

but new moon . . .im just not having it. all the other covers are significant and so i just won accept that there was no meaning. someone designed it, and knows why so they should just tell us! i did some research and this is what i found:

the flower on the front is a ruffled tulip. the red isnt blood, its how the tulip actually is. the story comes from an old persian or turkish legend. in short there was a young prince who was in love with a girl. when he found out she was dead, he was so destraught that he rode his horse off a cliff. for every droplet of blood that touched the sea, a ruffled tulip grew.
and from then on, the tulip has come to symobolise perfect, true love.
think abou this in relation to new moon
Team Emmett! Stronger than you since 1915.
so the lion fell in love with the lamb
"Alice sees him falling for a human. How classically Edward!"
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

flo1190 wrote:but new moon . . .im just not having it. all the other covers are significant and so i just won accept that there was no meaning. someone designed it, and knows why so they should just tell us! i did some research and this is what i found:

the flower on the front is a ruffled tulip. the red isnt blood, its how the tulip actually is. the story comes from an old persian or turkish legend. in short there was a young prince who was in love with a girl. when he found out she was dead, he was so destraught that he rode his horse off a cliff. for every droplet of blood that touched the sea, a ruffled tulip grew.
Wow, that's something. I like the legend a lot. It mostly makes us think about when Edward thought Bella was dead and he was going to kill himself.
But congrats on the research. And thanks for the information. :)
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

flo1190 wrote:but new moon . . .im just not having it. all the other covers are significant and so i just won accept that there was no meaning. someone designed it, and knows why so they should just tell us! i did some research and this is what i found:

I like that interpretation a lot. I've never heard it before, and it's a really good one.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

The Twilight Saga Book Covers

Post by rainbowcrayon »

flo1190 wrote:the flower on the front is a ruffled tulip. the red isnt blood, its how the tulip actually is. the story comes from an old persian or turkish legend. in short there was a young prince who was in love with a girl. when he found out she was dead, he was so destraught that he rode his horse off a cliff. for every droplet of blood that touched the sea, a ruffled tulip grew.and from then on, the tulip has come to symobolise perfect, true love.think abou this in relation to new moon
This is an interesting interpretation, and I find I like this theory a lot more than the bogus "there really is no meaning" explanation. The Twilight cover is the classic one, although after the years here I find it a bit done. New Moon's cover really is amazing, and I love the solitary petal eternally falling into space. I think the Eclipse cover is my absolute favorite, as I love and adore ribbon, and also how the torn fibers, the threads hold so much symbolism, with the little piece on the top and the pooling, twisting bit around the bottom... Fabulous. I would love to design book covers someday. In my free time, when I'm not at work. The Breaking Dawn cover is all right, with the symbolism that confused me from the moment the cover was revealed (I originally believed that the white king was Edward and the red pawn Jacob), but rather like the Twilight apple cover, I now find the chess pieces a bit done.
But the New Moon and Eclipse covers remain in my favorites book and likely will a long time.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

eizel wrote:breaking dawn- Bella Vs. Bella
Actually, Stephenie said...
Stephenie Meyer wrote:Breaking Dawn's cover is a metaphor for Bella's progression throughout the entire saga. She began as the weakest (at least physically, when compared to vampires and werewolves) player on the board: the pawn. She ended as the strongest: the queen. In the end, it's Bella that brings about the win for the Cullens.
~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

I love what the Twilight, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn covers symbolize. New Moon has a pretty cover too, but it doesn't stand for anything, does it?
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Then new, New Moon book cover has come out :D But my favorite book is Eclipse and the cover symbolises pretty much all of the story. The thread breaking symbloises the start of a new life doesnt it?

I think that the front of New Moon symbolises, a dying flower being how she feels on the inside. Me thinks?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I never really thought much about the MEANING behind the covers.. I just thought they were cool pictures - I think if anything they all represents parts of Bella and the things that happen to her in each book - makes sense right? :)