Boys are Confusing

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Re: Boys are Confusing

Post by i am bella »

so, i went to a school football game last night, and i was kinda joking around with a friend who just happens to be friends with that kid i like, and i said something about not wanting to mess up my hair by taking his hat, and he was like 'oo, trying to impress someone', and i was like no, hes not here, so he proceeded to guess. and he guessed right. on the first flipping try! which worries the heck outa me cuz hes like the 3rd person to be able to guess and if its that obvious, im screwed and his girlfriends gonna kill me =/
@DoNotFeartheDark
hes a year younger than me too :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

^ That kind of reminds me of the guy I like... he's really good at analyzing people, and knowing who has a crush on who... I don't know if he knows I like him or not... But apparently I'm pretty hard to read. The only way most people know who I like is if I tell them, or if they squeeze it out of someone I told... =/
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

well good for you for being hard to read, cuz apparently im the opposite, gahh
i wish i was a little better at analyzing relationships, im great with people in general, analyzing random stuff, but relationships are tough with me sometimes.....another reason boys are so confusing :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Boys are VERY confusing. Right now I've liked someone since we first became friends last year...there are time like in summer when I didn't see him for two months and I was just starting to get over it and be normal...I try not to let on to him that I like him. He's one of my best friends. One of my friends told me I should like him and she started screaming at me that I should love him forever and he's in love with me so I was very confused for a few days. She's kind of insane. We all went to New Moon together and we were walking to my house and listening to my MP3 and he was singing Fall For You and I was trying to figure out if he really meant it or he just happened to like that song. He always flirts with random people, not even that much, just kind of like he's not really sure who he likes. We were talking about my cold hands, so he kept grabbing my hand like he just wanted an excuse to touch me. He sat next to me in the movie and he would talk to me a few times but I can never figure out if he actually likes me and I have no idea what to do. I would never be brave enough to say anything, and I know he doesn't have enough courage to tell people he likes them either.
I'm living in the State of Confusion right now.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Futurevampire: Your situation is kind of like mine. I also like one of my friends, and he seems to like be back. But he also flirts with other girls constantly. Others here have told me to watch how he reacts to other girls, opposed to how he acts around me. So far I'm not sure if it's for real or not...

It's utmost confusing to have a crush on one of your friends... I don't want to do something that would ruin the friendship forever, but I hate having to always hide everything...

Another one of my guy friends is showing signs of liking me... First off, he tries to sit with me almost everyday at lunch. Then he always takes my hands into his and comments that he likes how small they are. He tells me that I smell like apples. :lol: He says that my eyes are mysterious. And he is always coming up behind me and covering my eyes with his hands, and making me play the 'guess who' game with him. (Which always ends up in me joking around, due to the fact I always know it's him) He is also constantly teasing me, and hugging me... Unfortunately, he also flirts with every other girl in the school... sigh...
ImageImageImage
StickStones&&Techno
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StickStones&&Techno »

so there's this guy that i really like. i met him in march, and we are both in my friend's court for her quinceanera. he's sixteen and i'm fifteen. his name is joe. he's our dance choreographer, so he obviously knows how to dance, and that's something i find REALLY attractive. lately we've been getting really close. at first it was just teasing and we would fight over who my friend's dog liked the best. when we would be dancing, he'd like poke me or like jab me in the stomach or tickle me or something. he'd try to mess me up on purpose during our dances. he'd just tease me and call me a loser and such. like two weeks ago, i started having bad days or during practice i'd just get really irritated with everyone (except him), and one day, he came over, put his hands on my shoulders, and said, "what's wrong little one?" in like a joking way. i said that everyone was being really annoying and they were all treating me like i was five. and he said, "i'm not annoying you, am i?" and i said no. then when practice was over, he came to me and said, "i'll see you next week, right?" and i said yeah of course, and he gave me a hug. on monday, we had a mandatory church meeting, and we were all sitting in chairs. joe sat next to me, and the entire time, we had kind of a competition about who could pop the most parts of their body while going unnoticed by the lady that was leading the meeting, hahaha. on tuesday, we had another practice, and i was really pissed off the entire time because some people had been talking trash about me because he gave me a ride home. i was just really mad, and i was sitting alone in a chair, and he pulled up a chair and sat down facing me, and started smiling. he asked what was wrong and i didn't answer. then he kept trying to make me laugh, and it eventually worked.

now, yesterday, we were putting my dog down that we'd had for fourteen years, so obviously, i was not in the best mood. on top of that, i had practice. i was just serious the entire time, and when i went to go get a drink of water out of my bottle, and he came over and he'd already noticed that i was in a really bad mood because during the beginning of one of our dances, i was standing next to him, and he poked me in the side and i didn't respond. he asked what was wrong, and i was still drinking from my bottle when he said that so i obviously couldn't reply. he asked, school? friends? life? and i said, well it's friends, but mostly it's that we're putting my dog down in thirty minutes. and as i said, that i had a huge lump in my throat and it was noticeable in my voice and i almost started crying. his eyes looked really brokenhearted, and he said, wow, i'm so sorry. and then i turned away because i knew i was going to cry. after he knew what was wrong, he kept trying to catch my attention and tried to encourage me to smile, but it just wasn't happening. nevertheless, he still kept trying.

i went to check my phone during one of our breaks, and i saw that it was a picture message from my brother. he'd gone with my dad to put my dog down, and i could tell that it was a picture of her, i just was hoping it wasn't because i knew i wouldn't be able to keep it together. well, it was. and i started to tear up alot. joe saw me standing by myself, came over and asked what happened. when i told him, he said nothing, put his arm around my shoulder into an arm hug, held me by his side, and started rubbing circles on my arm in a consoling way. we stood like that for about three minutes. it really made me feel better.

after that moment, i began to feel better. i started smiling more and joe was paying attention to me. he started asking me to dance for no reason and like just talking to me alot and normally we would fight over the dog, but this time he just let me have her. he was going to put something on the chair next to him, but then he saw that i wanted to sit down, so he took it off and patted the seat and told me to sit down next to him.

i think he likes me, but alot of the time i also think that he's just being friendly or like an older brother. please help clarify?

(i'm REALLY sorry this is so long)
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Okay, well, I'm no genius on the fact of love, but it does sound like he likes you. Otherwise, he wouldn't take the time to try and comfort you (I'm sorry about your dog by the way. :( ). Most guys that I know will try and run away from the tears... though right now I do have a few good ones who might stay... :) I can't really give you a total direct question, because guys are confusing (as the subject of this thread states) and some guys act differently then other guys when they like someone. But this guy your describing does sound rather nice and sweet. Even if he doesn't end up liking you, he would be a great friend to have around. Trust me, it's sometimes better to be friends then nothing at all. :)
ImageImageImage