General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tateyyy92
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by Tateyyy92 »

"Its late," he said again, murmuring, almosst crooning now, his voice smoother then silk. "Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
He started to hum my lullaby, and I knew it was only a matter of time till I succumbed, so I closed my eyes and snuggled closer into his chest.

Eclipse. Chapter 8 pg. 195

Twilight= LIFE
vampire_search
Settled in Forks

Post by vampire_search »

The most romantic part is at the end of Eclipse after they meet with Alice and they got to the meadow. (So didn't expect it the first time I read the series!)
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

I wish I had my book to quote from, this is what I found online; I think it's accurate:

Leah: "Mom dropped him a lot when he was a baby."

Jake: "On his head apparently."

Leah: "He used to gnaw on the crib bars, too."

Jake: "Lead paint?"

Leah: "Looks like it."

For a Leah/Jacob shipper, that was romantic. I mean, it's not romantic in the sense of... candles, roses, and sparkling vampires ( :? ). It's more flirty. I love it! :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
LizzieBug
Settled in Forks

Post by LizzieBug »

Breaking Dawn, page 355, from Jacob's perspective:
"It was like he was kissing her, brushing his lips at her throat, at her wrists, into the crease at the inside of her arm. But I could hear the lush tearing of her skin as his teeth bit through, again and again, forcing venom into her system at as many points as possible. I saw his pale tongue sweep along the bleeding gashes, but beforet this could make me either sick or angry, I realized what he was doing. Where his tongue washed the venom over her skin, it sealed shut. Holding the poison and the blood inside her body."

To me this is amazingly romantic. Bella has wanted to be a vampire since Twilight and Edward has resisted all the while because he is afraid of she will lose her soul. His efforts to do this for Bella, even though he doesn't want to, show just how much he loves her. He's planned ahead (putting the venom directly into her heart) and then in that horrible moment when there is hardly time left, he keeps a cool head and gets as much venom into her as possible. This is beyond the "traditional" romance here -- kissing, etc. This is the act of someone who loves unconditionally. I think that it helps, too,that if he doesn't change her, he'll lose her forever, so he's doing everything he possibly can to make sure he she stays with him.
DestinedForHogwarts
Settled in Forks

Post by DestinedForHogwarts »

So many situations are applicable to this topic!
If I had to chose one, I think I would pick when, in breaking dawn, bella understands that when she has to send renesmee away with jacob, that she and the cullens would be killed by the volturi. i know that sounds really morbid, but i mean when she is saying that at least she and edward would be going together. it is very romeo and juliet. here is the quote:

"it was not going to be the end of the world. just the end of the cullens. the end of edward, the end of me. i prefered it that way--the last part anyway. i would not live without edward again; if he was leaving this world, then i would be right behind him." (652)

i was pretty much bawling as i read this. it is not necessarily happy, but it is very romantic. that at least if she were to die, it would be at edward's side and neither would have to live without the other.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

LizzieBug wrote:Breaking Dawn, page 355, from Jacob's perspective:
"It was like he was kissing her, brushing his lips at her throat, at her wrists, into the crease at the inside of her arm. But I could hear the lush tearing of her skin as his teeth bit through, again and again, forcing venom into her system at as many points as possible. I saw his pale tongue sweep along the bleeding gashes, but beforet this could make me either sick or angry, I realized what he was doing. Where his tongue washed the venom over her skin, it sealed shut. Holding the poison and the blood inside her body."

To me this is amazingly romantic. Bella has wanted to be a vampire since Twilight and Edward has resisted all the while because he is afraid of she will lose her soul. His efforts to do this for Bella, even though he doesn't want to, show just how much he loves her. He's planned ahead (putting the venom directly into her heart) and then in that horrible moment when there is hardly time left, he keeps a cool head and gets as much venom into her as possible. This is beyond the "traditional" romance here -- kissing, etc. This is the act of someone who loves unconditionally. I think that it helps, too,that if he doesn't change her, he'll lose her forever, so he's doing everything he possibly can to make sure he she stays with him.
I found this romantic as well, and for the same reasons. I don't know why, but I thought it was especially romantic when he swept his tounge over her as he bit her, making sure that the venom stayed in there. Like you said, you can tell that he put in a lot of planning ahead of time.
DestinedForHogwarts wrote:"it was not going to be the end of the world. just the end of the cullens. the end of edward, the end of me. i prefered it that way--the last part anyway. i would not live without edward again; if he was leaving this world, then i would be right behind him." (652)
It's amazing how this is worded. It just shows how much she truely loves Edward. She doesn't want to live in a world without him, even if she would keep her child. I, too, started bawling at this point. I absolutely thought that they were going to die together.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
raerae267
Settled in Forks

Post by raerae267 »

The first night on Esma Island. When Bella is finally able to overcome her inscurities and believe that he really does love her as much she loves him.
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Every time Bella is with Edward, thats Romantic.

Sorry.... A very ridiculous answer.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

i think the most intimate of every scene in all the books is when Edward finally gets to read bella's mind. He finally can see and know how much Bella loves him... of course he knew, but it's different to pluck it out of someones mind.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

i have chills down my spine now, reading all these......stop making me gush like a fangirl!

my favourite is

the scene where after Bella returns to the Cullens house after escaping to visit jacob when she was supposed to be held captive at alice's slumber party.

they SHOULD be both furious at each other (bella went and visited jacob, edward held bella captive) but rather they acknowledge each others concerns and edward respects bellas friendship with jacob, acknowledging that he was being prejudice. now THAT IS LOVE!
page 185 - 195 in eclipse!
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis