Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Eclipse The Movie, Take 1

Post by JillOBean »

Eclipse was the most painful for me to read.

I became a fan RIGHT before New Moon came out... and I organized my reading schedule so that I was able to read Twilight, then watch the movie, then go see New Moon, then go home and read it. Truthfully that was the best way for me to do it. My BFF had already read all four books and she knew I would have a mini-break down reading NM... so she told me to watch it first. Two hours of misery is a lot shorter than reading 600+ pages of misery, ya know?

So I knew how NM ended and I was excited to get to that point. With Eclipse, I had NO clue and I have never cried so much during a book in my life. When Bella kissed Jacob... I remember dropping the book and re-inacting (although had I the choice, I wouldn't have) Bella's nightmarish cries and screams from NM the movie. You know that screaming and trashing about? Yeah, that. I was literally hyperventalating. Mind you, I had done NOTHING, literally, for the past four days or so, I woke up and read and forgot to eat and read... the books consumed my very existance until I finished BD. I had all the books next to me so when I finished one, I didn't even take a breather or bathroom break before beginning the next one. And then she kissed Jacob and realized her feelings for him. I was SO heartbroken. I am NOT looking forward to seeing that on-screen.

It was bad enough that during my shower between NM and Eclipse, I started bawling because I so desperately, at that moment, NEEDED Bella to be with Edward as much as they needed to be together. It was unnerving. I walked around in Bella's depression the entire time. I was "in" her head and conversley, she was in mine and I couldn't separate her sorrow from my own.

I REALLY want to see Eclipse on screen but I am terrified of how I'll react in front of people.... :shock:

abigael_d
Settled in Forks

Re: Eclipse the Movie, Take 1

Post by abigael_d »

David Slade's new tweet about "some"
NEW YEAR'S GIFT
is making me excited....... since i think it's about the trailer or something hahahaha
Last edited by abigael_d on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on TWITTER!
Follow me on Tumblr!
♥ Team Switzerland ♥ Team Ian O'Shea ♥ Shiver ♥ Glee ♥ A.Idol ♥ Titanic ♥ Taylor² ♥ David Archuleta ♥ 11 ♥
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

abigael_d wrote:David Slade's new tweet about "some"
NEW YEAR'S GIFT
is making me excited....... since i think it's about the trailer or something hahahaha
DS better give us something sooon!
Banner by TammyAZ
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

about the trailer, someone on the first page said maybe it will come out in February b/c that's 5 months before the movie is suppose to come out in theatres and that's what happened with the NM trailer. So what if they put the Ec trailer on the NM dvd. The Twi dvd came out in Feb 2009 when the movie can out in theatres Nov 2008 so maybe NM will follow that timeline too (I haven't checked if the NM dvd release date has actually been set already), and that would be great timing to put the Ec trailer on the NM dvd. just a thought.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

mandyb7 wrote:about the trailer, someone on the first page said maybe it will come out in February b/c that's 5 months before the movie is suppose to come out in theatres and that's what happened with the NM trailer. So what if they put the Ec trailer on the NM dvd. The Twi dvd came out in Feb 2009 when the movie can out in theatres Nov 2008 so maybe NM will follow that timeline too (I haven't checked if the NM dvd release date has actually been set already), and that would be great timing to put the Ec trailer on the NM dvd. just a thought.
I think NM release date is the 10th or something like that. I believe someone stated it was coming out the same week has his new movie hits theaters.
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

179 days to go!!!!!!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

177 days! :D
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

176 days!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

edwardsluv
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardsluv »

Jillobeans, reading this series is an emotional rollercoaster ride. Twilight was a fun and joyous ride. Then NM comes along and we are in the depths of despair, wanting the return of Edward. Then he comes back and I was smiling to the end. Then along comes Eclipse and there's lots of Edward and Bella love. Then there are times that you want to smack the crap out of her.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

174 days!!!!