Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

*waves back* Hi, guys... :D

I guess I found my way back here because I am stuck sitting and nursing this new baby so often nowadays, and I can't do much but read and eat and surf the net, and even THAT is hard because I'm doing it mostly one handed. Ugh. But I wanted to see some smiling avies again, so... here I am!

Still totally loving Twilight, and YES I went to see New Moon on opening weekend (even though my baby was only a few days old and I was all puffy and swelling with milk). I just didn't wear a bra. TMI? Sorry. ;)

Anyway, good to see all of you! Glad to know I'm not the only one who's freezing their heads off. I still think I'll keep the name LisaCullenAZ out of nostalgia for the warmth I'm missing right about now!
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

CW&IA updated today...WOWZA!!
I had several new reviews today for mine ffic Perfect Forever. :P
We got a lot done in the classroom today and made some real progress on the catching up thing. :)
Then I had a lap band fill today. My year anniversary for the band is next month. I have lost 70 lbs so far, and I am on target to have 75 plus off by February 12th! *Jumps up and down clapping hands together wildly*
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

missp wrote:My year anniversary for the band is next month. I have lost 70 lbs so far, and I am on target to have 75 plus off by February 12th! *Jumps up and down clapping hands together wildly*
Wow, I am impressed missp! CONGRATULATIONS! Keep up the good work and getting yourself healthy. I need to be more motivated.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

missp wrote: I have lost 70 lbs so far, and I am on target to have 75 plus off by February 12th! *Jumps up and down clapping hands together wildly*[/color][/b]
Oh, Miss P, that is awesome!! So proud of you!
I am now a size 10 (on most pants, though not all), but I have to be diligent about what I eat and how much I move. With six kids and two very naughty ferrets (plus other pets) the movement should come naturally, but nooo, I have to run and do yoga and Fit Yummy Mummy exercises.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

bac and openhome~~ Thanks so much for the words of praise and encouragement. Today has been a rough day. My band is too tight, and I haven't really kept anything down in 24 hours. I'm going first thing in the morning to have some fluid removed from the band.
On a positive note...I had a date tonight with what seems to be a very nice guy. We'll see if he calls b ack or not. :D

Must wait until 1 pm today to see the doctor. I am trying to take tiny sips of juice until then, but it isn't going down. :evil: Maybe by tonight I'll be able to get down some chicken broth!
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Hi all!
Just checking in to see how everyone is faring this winter.
I'm also shamelessly trying to get a newbie names Susie over here to say hello, and I'm hoping that getting the thread back up on the boards will help with that.
By the way, are any of you guys having issues with receiving updates? I am. Five of my subscribed threads have posted, and I get nada in the way of e-mails.
So, hi guys! *waves hello*
I'm off to find a mod to help me.
*wonders off through cyberspace looking for a helpful mod*
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Happened to be passing by and saw your post -- I'll let the indefatigable 24601 know, Openhome.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

THANKS!! :D
I just found out that some of the teens are having the same issue (they are friends on Facebook) so I told them to find a roaming mod and ask.
Maybe you could send out a message on We love the Lex or the Lex's page there to see if others are having the same issue. It would be sad to loose interest due to lack of notifications.
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Openhome wrote:Maybe you could send out a message on We love the Lex or the Lex's page there to see if others are having the same issue. It would be sad to loose interest due to lack of notifications.

Gah...is this something on Facebook? Afraid I'm not very FB-savvy. Maybe you could post something there yourself, saying you gather some people aren't getting notifications at the moment, that you've talked to me and the mods are looking into it, and that in the meantime we suggest that people check the forums index to see if threads they're following have been active?

ETA
One further thought -- are you sure you're still not getting notifications? Because it just occurred to me (duh) that I was notified of your recent post(s) here: that's why I happened to see them!
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I can't be of help as far as notifications are concerned, I disabled them when I first came here :)

Winter has been kind to us, puppy and me, though being a mom to a demanding little lapdog takes more time than I could ever imagine. I feel like I never leave the living room sofa-chair... and I hate surfing the lex on the mini-laptop...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK