Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Only, TAKE 2!

Post by gamb1t »

@ Ring
Yeah...I can't really stand waiting for GoW 3 which is why i bought Dante's inferno in the first place...it's no GoW...but still a Good game
As for PJ, i finished the series today and will say I really enjoyed reading it...it's well written, and should not be passed off as a Children's book
ImageImageImageImage
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

A lot of books are passed off as children's books that probably shouldn't be.
The Harry Potter series for example, although that definitely STARTED as a children's book, it certainly progressed, and "grew up" with the characters, and by the fourth book, probably shouldn't have been in the hands of anyone under age 16 (maybe, I don't know, kids are pretty tough these days...), or anyone with emotional issues...
I loved the service announcement rings, just out of curiousity, did any girls post on here?
I didn't see any, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention..
hmm
Ok, gotta go
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

One did (I asked bac to move the post to another thread- thank you! :) ) and as for the announcement, it just so happened those were what I was eating/drinking at the time.

Totally psyched for Final Fantasy XIII which comes out in about two weeks, IIRC. Meanwhile the Winter Olympics made me play SSX 3 again (they really need to make a 4 for the PS3) and I'm debating on getting Endless Ocean: A Blue World for the Wii.

I also scored Lockdown from the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen toyline after waiting for him for about a month. So awesome. :D
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

I've been waiting for FF FOREVER...I'm super excited about it
Plus, GoW 3 comes out this month (march)...which makes this month just about my most anticipated game month ever
ImageImageImageImage
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I haven't had a game system since the original Playstation, back in 99, guess that makes me rather obsolete in the current discussion...
oh well, enjoy your video game talk!
Much Love,
SenorGimp
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Lol sorry about the videogame talk...
How about music? What's everyone interested in? Play any instruments? Favorite bands? etc etc
ImageImageImageImage
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Pshaw. Don't apologize. It's just Gimp. :roll:

(Hi Gimp. :D )

Music. I bang stuff with hard rods. Yes, you heard right. Some even have rubber on them. Oooooh. :mrgreen:

Translation for the impure: I used to belong to a gamelan, which is essentially a percussion group, back in college. We used stuff like wooden and metal xylophones, gongs of various shapes and sizes, instruments made of bamboo- you get the idea. Of course that was ages ago and halfway around the world so it's not like I get a chance to indulge in that anymore.

I do wish I'd picked up an instrument- I'm just not that patient/diligent. If I were, I'd love to learn guitar. Acoustic.

Taste in music runs all over the place- well, most of the place- because I tend to like individual songs versus say a whole genre. I do tend to go for popular songs more, though I've liked some country, R&B, adult contemporary, and (per my iPod) alternative. /shrug
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Music:
Currently my favorite band is either Devil Driver, or else John Vanderslice, the former being slam your face into the wall metal, the latter being mellow accoustic music...
I play guitar, and have written some 30 odd songs, currently working on one for my lady, whom I actually met on this site (thank you lex!)
On a side note: Rings, anything new on the Giovanni story?
Would love to read more!
ciao
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

@Ring
Hmmm...I remember watching a group called STOMP a few years ago that kinda seems like the same thing. It was awesome
ImageImageImageImage
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

gamb1t: That was more... how to say... Hmm. Well, our gamelan was more melodic. Stomp is awesome and all but it's mostly percussion and rhythm; we had instruments that could play melodies. (In fact, one of our members played the theme song for a very popular robot anime using a set of metal gongs, during the university fair. :) )

Gimp: Nothing, unfortunately. I've been toying with the idea of scratching what I have and starting over. I just don't know what to do... There are also other characters I would like to write about, which doesn't help me, lol. In particular I want to write about a proper werewolf (if it existed in the TW universe).