The British thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The British thread

Post by dazzledBrit »

South Ken is lovely. Yes, it's the more expensive area of London, but a lot of Londoners live further out and then Tube into work or school so you're not limited to the immediate area for accommodation after your first year. What are you studying?
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

Bioengineering. It's not offered in my country at a good academic level, so I have to move. It's THE most expensive area of London? :shock: I thought it was just expensive... I've seen in the Uni prospectus and site that the Tube is quite nearby the campus and that there are coaches or something everyday, so I guess I won't have a big problem with that. I'm really looking forward to start my time there but also anxious, cause I'm going to be like an 18-year-old all alone in a huge city in a foreign country, and I also don't know what the British lifestyle is actually... :?

Thank you for the info! :D :D
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

It's the more expensive area, not the most. :lol: But it is up there I think, although the really rich people tend to have mansions at places like Hampstead and not live right in the city. To put it into context though, South Ken is in between Park Lane (v.v. expensive) and Knightsbridge (where Harrods is). :) As a student, you're not likely to be doing much shopping in either of those areas (unless your parents are really rich :lol: )!

London is very cosmopolitan. There are people of all nationalities living there and loads of students. So foreigners don't stand out at all. You'll be fine. And it'll be amazing fun. 8-) That's so cool that you get to go abroad for Uni. Although London is a big city, the Tube makes it easy to get around and central London isn't that big.

Heading to Forks soon...
despoina92

Post by despoina92 »

Well, it good to know that's so cosmopolitan. No, my parents aren't rich, so I guess I won't hang out in this places much. :lol: I struggled a lot with my parents to allow me go study abroad and I want this experience to be great so badly! I'm glad to know all those positives about London from someone that has been in this place :D :D So thank you soooooooooooo much again!!
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

No problem. :D I really hope you have a great time.

Btw, one of the best things about London is all the free and cheap stuff you can get into and do. 8-)

Heading to Forks soon...
despoina92

Post by despoina92 »

Ahhh... That means I can manage keep a modest budget, too... ;) Thanx for the info again! :) :)
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

dazzledBrit wrote:
What do you want to do as a job? Any ideas? I saw quite a few people go through Uni with no idea and it isn't great. If you choose your course with a career or some potential careers in mind, at least you can then make the most of it.
That's the thing, I have no idea what I want to do as a job. I've never had anything specific in mind. I was at the career bit in college the other day, looking at jobs to do with my subjects so I'm not as lost as I was before. There's still time to think about all this.. thankfully.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

i could never afford to go to uni in london not with being so used to the cheaper living up north :)

ayan you need to take one of those centigrade tests or whatever its called that u can do through ucas which give you an idea of what you shd be doing :D i would of done one had i not been so sure with what i wanted to do at uni... well if i had more than 2 options
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Yeah I agree with Alexa (even though I am not from up north) but I would never be ableto afford going to uni in London... I am so used to cheaper living.

Hey I got all my offers back... I have till 4th may to get back to them.
I have three conditionals!
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

cheaper living rocks lol, u know i once found a cream egg for like 70p in london! total rip off....

anyhoo congrats on your 3 offers :) where are they for?
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits