Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 7 ~ Unhappy Ending

Post by Alphie »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?

2. What do you think about Edward’s reaction to Rosalie being changed?

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Unhappy Ending

Post by museicalking »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?

Rosalie had all the reason to kill the ones who thought killed her. I dont think esme has killed many, carlisle being as controlled and 'experienced' as he, i doubt he let her do much of that. Emmett is a teen and is pretty controlled now, but probably didnt have much when he was born. Alice is awesome. she woke alone so i guess she had to that to survive.

Edward had all the right to think of rosalie that way he did. She was shallow and self-cenntered. Plus, edward could read her thoughts and knew her better then most people.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?

Carlisle doesnt seem to really care for the ones who left rosalie to die. They probably didnt help her, and i dont think rosalie needed any help :D

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?

Rosalie doesnt see things like bella and bella doesnt see things the way rosalie does. Rosalie seems jealous of what bella seems to have and she wants that. Her story definitly(sp?) gives reason and sense to the way rosalie feels toward bella.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
steph
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by steph »

I dont think Esme has killed anyone partly because Carlisle created her and he was already living the "vegetarian" lifestyle so he would probably try and show her the way as well, Alice is so sweet and bubbly I dont see her killing someone but since she was all alone then im sure she had to figure out a way to survive. Emmett im not sure about...i'll have to think on that one.

Probably scared because she was such a prominent figure in their city and so easy recognizable, he probably didnt like her as a person so the idea of her being his mate didnt appeal to him much lol

I dont think any of the Cullens would have helped her b/c she is so headstrong and this was her score to settle, and I dont know if Carlisle would have been upset with it or ok b/c they were the ones that took her life....an eye for an eye

It makes so much more sense and I feel sorry for Rosalie because she didnt have a choice in the matter and she sees Bella and she feels like Bella is taking for granted what she has and what Rosalie doesnt and Rose would give all of it up to be human and have a family and so on.
NiCoLeeLoCin
Wandering Through Town

Post by NiCoLeeLoCin »

I don't know much about Esme, only that her child died and that she tried to commit suicide. So I don't really know what acctually happened to her baby and if it was someones fault. If so, I think she killed that person. Emmett was attacked by a bear so probably isn't angry with someone, I don't think he killed people, not intentionally anyway. I think Alice probably did kill some people. She was a vampire and alone, so I think she killed people to eat, until she met Carlisle... or even earlier.

I completely understand him. He thinks they are taking her soul away. How would you react if somebody takes someones soul away?

I don't think that the Cullens helped her out. She was on her own. I think that she came back after she comitted those murders. I don't really know what Carlisle would think about it. Maybe he wasn't happy that she killed but he wasn't mad either. And the fact that he knows what they did to her makes it easier to be okay with it.

I still don't really understand why she dislikes Bella, but her story made it easier to understand. I guess she's just jealous.
Jublio
Settled in Forks

Post by Jublio »

I don't think Esme did kill many people, but newborns are quite uncontrollable. But because of Carlisle she probably controlled quick. I think Emmet killed many, just the way he is. Alice killed probably many people, because she was alone and she needed to survive.

I would probably react the same. I don't really like people like Rosalie, she was so selfish and Edward of course could read her mind so he knew that better than anyone else.

I don't think Carlisle was really fond of it, but he knew what they had done so he didn't stop her. I don't anyone helped her, she probably would mention it and she isn't quite a person who needs help.

I do understand her, but i understand Bella as well, they look at it differently. Rosalie was more material, unlike Bella, who only wants Edward. Rosalie wants to be human, Bella is human. just a typical situation of jealousy :roll:
....::Image::....
thecrimsonrose
Settled in Forks

Post by thecrimsonrose »

Esme=5 Emmett=16 Alice=8
shocked at seeing what had happened to him
not great but she was a newborn with extroadinary strength so there wasn't much he could do
she is jealous because bella is able to have all thethings that rose has wanted for centuries and dislikes her because she think s shes being stupid giving up a human life to be a vampire.
Didn't Edward tell you how many houses me and Rose wrecked?-Emmett, Breaking Dawn
Sunshine
Settled in Forks

Post by Sunshine »

First of all, I want to say I really loved this chapter. We got to know so much more about Rosalie and really understand her.

I think Esme has slipped up once or twice, but no more than that. Emmett...He's probably slipped up more than that. I might guess somewhere between 10 and 20. As for Alice, she woke up alone with no one there. Of course she saw Jasper, but that wouldn't have stopped her from hunting on a few humans when she was thirsty. And of course before Jasper and Alice joined the Cullens, they might have killed humans. I really don't know how many humans she's killed, but I would say quite a lot.

To me it seemed like Edward was afraid of exposure, Rosalie being a well known person where she lived and all. He knew they would have to move and I really don't think he liked that at all.

She did it alone. I think Carlisle didn't like that she killed people, but he understood that she wanted to get revenge, so he didn't stand in her way. After all, it wasn't like they were very good people.

Yes, I would say they make more sense. Bella has everything Rosalie wants, but she's throwing it away. I guess you could compare it to a dead person seeing another person commit suicide, even though they dead person would give anything just to be alive again.
Twifighter4Edward17
Settled in Forks

Post by Twifighter4Edward17 »

[b1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others ? How many people do you hink Esme has Killed ? Emmett ? Alice ?][/b]

I think that is cool about the track records. And I really could not guess on how many they have killed !!

2. What do you think about Edward's reaction to Rosalie's being changed ?

I think it was funny. I mean I have not a clue to why he reacted that way but it just might as well just be me.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her ? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people ? I don't really think any of the Cullens helped her. And I don't think Carlisle felt very good about it but let her because he probably knew how she felt because of what they did to her.

4. What do you think about Rosalie's reasons for disliking Bella ? Do they make more sense now that you know her story ?

I do think it made more sence after she explained it to Bella and I think they are good reasons but on the other hand Bella still does have some great reasons for becoming immortal.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I was actually really surprised to learn that Rose had never hunted a human strictly for their blood. I'm willing to met the number of humans Esme killed is really small, mostly because Carlisle changed her. We know Emmett killed a human at least once, and he's kind of a hothead, so I'd bet he's killed a few but not an obscene amount, thanks to Carlisle's influence. Alice had to live on human blood for who knows how many years before joining the Cullens, so her number is probably high.

He knew she was of notoriety in the community and that that could get them outed. No big deal. Funny though...it's the same way Rose felt when Bella entered the picture.

No, I think she did it on her own. I'm sure Carlisle was not happy but understood her reasonings.

HAHA. Well. Now that I know the initial real reason thanks to the Midnight Sun chapters, it makes me laugh. However, her thought that Bella doesn't understand what she's giving up was incorrect, and I wondered what would have made her realize that Bella fully understood and still wanted to be changed.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

I can't feel bad for what Rosalie did. I can't blame her for doing what she did either. I couldn't even fathom how many people the others have killed.

Interesting. Its what I would expect from him, I think.

I don't think the Cullens helped her. Edward could have, it would be very possible, but I don't know. I think that was Rosalie's vendetta she had to do it herself. With Carlisle's nature, I doubt he would have approved of what Rose was doing but I don't think he begrudged her for it.

They do make more sense now. But Rosalie and Bella are not the same person. What is right for Rosalie may not be right for Bella and vice versa.