Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by pennybug84 »

Aus_Twilight_Fan wrote: i don't know why we have to wait an extra 3 weeks considering New Moon came out in theatres in Australia a day before it was released in American theatres.

That would be annoying I'm sorry.
Only 2 weeks until it comes out on dvd here in the USA!!! (That could be bad I still haven't decided what version I'm going to buy. Why do there have to be so many versions here in the US? I wish I had a Target nearby I would buy that one & when I went to their website it was already sold out. So I'm not sure what version I'm going to buy either the Borders or WalMart version I guess.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Aus_Twilight_Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Aus_Twilight_Fan »

pennybug84 wrote:
Aus_Twilight_Fan wrote: i don't know why we have to wait an extra 3 weeks considering New Moon came out in theatres in Australia a day before it was released in American theatres.

That would be annoying I'm sorry.
Only 2 weeks until it comes out on dvd here in the USA!!! (That could be bad I still haven't decided what version I'm going to buy. Why do there have to be so many versions here in the US? I wish I had a Target nearby I would buy that one & when I went to their website it was already sold out. So I'm not sure what version I'm going to buy either the Borders or WalMart version I guess.)
i guess i can forgive summit entertainment for making us wait longer since Eclipse comes out in theaters here in australia on my birthday.
Signature made by me. Avatar by AngelAtTwilight
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

^^ That will be a lovely way to spend your birthday - at the cinema watching Eclipse :D
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Aus_Twilight_Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Aus_Twilight_Fan »

funkidiva wrote:^^ That will be a lovely way to spend your birthday - at the cinema watching Eclipse :D
another good thing is that i don't have to pay for my ticket since i have a voucher to see a movie for free on my birthday.
Signature made by me. Avatar by AngelAtTwilight
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:^^ :lol: :lol: *snort* :lol: :lol: :lol:
My mom was reading your post over my shoulder, by the way. She just laughed.
I caught the "What happened with Jasper was nothing, Edward!" thanks to the Quotes that Sound Dirty thread. :D

I can see I'm one of the first haters on here (spicey I love you right now), and I hardly hate it. My overall reaction? Vaguely surprised. I think I came into the theater with such low expectations, it turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be. At the very least, it was infinetly better than Twilight.

Some basic things I liked:
Music- Wow. They did an awesome job with the music. I particularly liked the flute (?) theme when Jacob was running around his house. Annoyed that Meet Me On The Equinox wasn't until the end of the credits, so I had to wait to sing along, but I Belong With You was playing and I could sing then!
The Old People Dream- super triptastic. I'd have peed myself if I were Bella.
At school- I figured out who Mike reminds me of! Shia La Beouf! They don't look alike, but they have similar facial expressions. Mike's just chubbier and not as hot. Jasper got actual lines too, woohoo! The R+J scene was okay, I still liked the couch in the book better.
Birthday- Emmett made me lol. 'Bout the only thing I liked there. Besides the fact that Alice is finally properly perky. And there was gore! YEAH!
Jacob's long hair- Am I the only person who would rather have Taylor with long hair???
Charlie- Oh, Charlie, how I love you. He's a good actor, that man is. So is Harry, for that matter, he made me laugh.
Time Passing- that was well done. The one downer- It doesn't snow in Washington!!!
Jacob Ab's- I think this is getting pretty thouroughly discussed so I won't say much, but I heartily enjoyed all of the butt shots. He wears his pants pretty dang low... "makes the girls go woot woot!"
Jessica- I LOVE how she just blabbers on and on and on and on and on... if Forks had cheerleaders, she'd be their captain. Also enjoyed the title of the movie they watched, zombies FTW.
Motorcycles- GORE! Now, where are the zombies hiding?
Movie Date- Super ROFL! "Marshmallow." was definetly an awesome line. And the movie they were watching? :lol: Like, 20 dead people in 5 seconds, sounds hillarious! They had the Wilhelm scream, too!
Breakup #2- *headdesk* At least Taylor did it amazingly well. Jacob needs a hug. Big, giant hug, and I'll drag him away from the... dirty word!
The Pack- Not as hot as I expected, but still funny. In particular I love Embry, cuz HE has long hair (at one point). Don't you think Quil should have the longer hair, though, since his gramps is a tribe elder?
Jacob vs Paul- :shock: That was beautiful. Here, I cried, and no where else. And I cried out of jealousy.
Emily- I liked her. They did a good job with the scars, and even if she doesn't talk a lot, she still sounds like Emily.
Skipping...
Volterra- The city is beautiful. I think they did a good job with the castle and stuff. The red cloaks and the planquin were a weird cultish touch, but I'll blame that on Chris Weitz. I'm making an assumption he has a similar mindset with Phillip Pullman, but I am probably wrong.
Save The Robert!- Okay, the glitter is still gay. At least its not as bad as it was in Twi. And I'm almost okay with "I love you, I can't live without you" thing happening then. Almost. It shortened up the movie, thankfully.
Shirtless Robert- When he took of his shirt, UGH. I'm surprised I didn't puke. All of my friends and I were yelling, "AGH MY EYES! THEY BURN!". He's almost as hairy as my dad.
The Volturi- Was expecting Demitri to be the tall one, but no biggie. And Alec was HOT, holy crap! Caius still reminds me of Draco Malfoy, Aro is most definetely the spawn of Denethor and Voldemort, with all their ugly and pedo-ness. Jane- super scary, yet I laughed at her.
Robert vs Felix- ROBERT GOT PWNED! And that's all that needs to be said. Ha. Ha. Ha. :twisted:
The Vote- Robert's sooooo whipped. But I was looking forward to the big screen getting ripped in half!
Robert vs. Jake- ROB GOT PWNED AGAIN! HAHAHAHA! *sniffs* Taylor was so good, I'm now in desperate need of a Wolfy!Jake plushie. They HAVE to make one.

Bad things: There were a lot of bad things I didn't like, but I'm going to have to see the movie again before I remember them all, because there was a LOT and this post is huge enough. I'll take extensive notes and make a Bad post after I see it again.
paula_bnsnt wrote: The statue is not from Romeo and Juliet. That's the "Cristo redentor" from Rio de Janeiro, they were just showing were in the world he was.
Actually, it is in Romeo and Juliet. They use it in the Leonardo DiCaprio version, which is where DarkMuse saw it. Verona Beach is set in Rio, I believe. *drools* I love that movie.
Nikki-- wrote:Ah, same here. I went to the midnight showing so I expected everyone there to love the story, but there were many people who were laughing all the way through (including some very emotionel scenes that I loved) and making rude comments. I tried to ignore it but it did bother me.
can'trememberwhosaidthis wrote:There were these really annoying girls who would laugh in parts that REALLY were not funny and everyone would just say "SHUT UP" LOL. Annoyed the hell out of me, I wanted to throw my shoes at them since they were sitting so close.
I apologize. I may not have been in the same theater as you, but I was still among the group of annoying people across the nation who wouldn't shut up. But I can't help that it was so ridiculously cheesy, I had to snort!

I know I am late on reading this and just now replying, but being that I have lived on the Olympic Peninsula for 10 years and only left 3 years ago (but still go back because all my family and friends live there) It absolutely snows in WA. It was most fun when I was without power for 3 days with an 8 month old baby because of the foot and a half we got. My friend just also posted pictures yesterday of it snowing. More uncommon in April but not unheard of. Shoot two of my cars still have WA plates because tabs are cheaper there and we have a residence there. LOL WA will always be my home and one day I think we will move back. I came to CO for school and change.

I posted this somewhere else and I don't remember where now, but I mostly loved this movie, it was IMO a million times better then Twilight. There were a few cheesy lines I could have gone without, and I laughed to at the Bella Vamp scene.
But for the most part, like 98% of it I really liked.
I got my husband to take me the first time I saw it in theaters and it was so funny, their was a guy next to us that looked like he came from a scene in Deliverance, anyway, when Jacob takes off his shirt and all the girls are like swooning over him, this guy LOUDLY blurts out. OH WHATEVER!!! My husband and I about died laughing.

My husband didn't see the appeal at all but I was shocked he was asking a lot about characters and stuff. Although I think he was just hoping to please me. LOL

I was obsessed enough to buy 2 of the DVD's because of the different bonus footage, but I have to admit, I am starting to get sick of the movie because my just barely turned 3 year old daughter appears to be obsessed. She always wants to watch "her bella and jacob" she was kissing pics of Jacob in a magazine (I wasn't even team Jacob when this started) and she goes around with my books pretending to read them. So I am for sure hoping she tires of the movie soon, she really likes the wolf scenes. But yeah, I just need a little time off from seeing it 5 times a day :|
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

I can't image seeing this movie five times a day. Once is enough though I won't mind seeing it again which is saying a lot since I had to force myself to finish the twilight movie.

dandyvampgirl_13, your a hoot with the Edward taking off his shirt. When Jacob took his shirt off, the words oh dear god slipped out of my mouth. Sadly, I'm old enough to be his mother. I don't have the hots for him or anything but the boy needs to keep his shirt on for his own safety. While Edward just needs to keep his shirt on period. I'm just saying.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Yes, because, in the end, the whole thing was about a shirtless boy and a shirtless man and who did it better. :roll:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Jazz Girl wrote:Yes, because, in the end, the whole thing was about a shirtless boy and a shirtless man and who did it better. :roll:
And we all know who did it better. 8-)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Kachiti wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:Yes, because, in the end, the whole thing was about a shirtless boy and a shirtless man and who did it better. :roll:
Judging by the last sentence of your comment to DVG13, I'm willing to bet we differ on that. It's all in one's preference, after all. I much would have preferred the juvenile to keep his shirt on much more often than he did whereas I would have been perfectly fine with the robe not making an appearance until AFTER the confrontation scene, as it is in the book.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Kachiti wrote:
Judging by the last sentence of your comment to DVG13, I'm willing to bet we differ on that. It's all in one's preference, after all. I much would have preferred the juvenile to keep his shirt on much more often than he did whereas I would have been perfectly fine with the robe not making an appearance until AFTER the confrontation scene, as it is in the book.
I do like some muscle on my men, I use to weight lift back in the day. I think it was the initial shock of seeing thin skinny boy and then muscles. After that I was fine, but I guess how I image Edward without shirt off didn't live up to my expectation.