A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by darkrider »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
No, I kind of figured as much

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
I thought it was kind of dumb.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I liked him, and yes i also, kind of figured. lol

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
That, I didn't ever think about.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Never loll
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I thought that there must be something up, and I already knew that he was more than just human, so I figured it had to do with something about that.

I thought that she was just jealous and that she should have something better to do, that just being jealous of Bella.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
Yes, I like Jacob. I thought he was cool. I did get that impression that he was interested more in Bella than just being friends. It was funny when Bella sort of tried to lead him on I guess you can say, when she wanted to find more out about the Cullens, and Jacob thought that she was really interested.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
I thought it was because, Bella already sort of knew that there was more out there in the world than what everyone thought.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
I really didn't expect it at all. I was shocked when they did.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

I thought that, even though it's not a great place to go camping, it's probably still possible to camp there. It might be a bit rough, but do-able. I thought it was suspicious that Edward was going up there to camp, but I didn't have any other idea about what else he could do there.

I didn't really have an opinion. Sometimes people don't like someone for no reason. I've been there plenty of times. Sometimes others don't like someone because they're taking all of the male attention, especially if you had a crush on one of the boys whose attention was taken from you.

I thought Jake was really nice, albeit on the gullible side. Of course, how was he supposed to know that Bella was using him at the time?

I thought Jake was alright, and I definitely got the impression he had a thing for Bella.

He's grown up hearing them. It's just any one of us; we're told about aliens, the Jersey Devil, Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster, etc., but we don't necessarily believe them. Jake's legends and his reactions are just the same.

Actually, no. I thought the "cold ones" were the exception, although I wasn't completely surprised when werewolves did show up.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there? I'm wishing now I hadn't read so much online about Twilight before I read the book. I knew the Cullens were vegetarians, so I figured they were going there to feed.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella? Ugh, highschool girls can be SO cruel!

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? I thought he was ok, and yes, I did think he liked Bella as more than a friend.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did? He had to live with the stories without seeing any real proof of them; maybe he just thought it was a bunch of the old guys telling stories. Bella, on the other hand, had witnessed several instances with Edward in which she KNEW he was different- the eye color change, speed, facial features, impossible strength.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? Yes!
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?I thought Edward was lying then.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?I was like Lauren I shall eat you and then throw you up, cause i don't like the taste of bullies.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? I hate Jacob Black, yes he does like Bella, idiot, never liked him never will.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?He's an idiot.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?Yup
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

From reading the back of the book over and over again, I knew he was up to something nonhuman. I never quite saw the fact that he was "vegetarian" coming.

I never cared for Lauren. She is a very cruel girl, but I think that we all know somebody like her.

I though that he was so innocent and caring. I knew that he liked Bella more than a friend just by the way he acted toward her. I personally loved him. He was so cute :D

He is such an easy-going guy and he always thought of his dad as a "superstitious old man". Plus he never really knew the Cullens personally so he never noticed that there was something weird about them.

I had no clue that werewolves were ever going to appear. I didn't even remember that legend when weird things started to happen with Jake.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I already knew he was a vampire, so I thought he wasjust going to frink blood or something.

2. Evene if Lauren is jealous of Bella, there is no need to be mean to the new kid.

3. I saw he had a small crush on Bella. Personally, I liked him in this book, but not in the rest.

4. He was used to hearing legends like these, and used to them not being real, so it is understandable.

5. No, but it does foreshadow what may happen.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

I thought maybe Charlie hadn't been there lately and it was a good place to go now... No, it has been said quite a few times in the book that Edward and his family go camping all the time.

It started my open dislike for Lauren.

My first impression of Jacob was that he was trying to hard to impress someone older than he is to try to fit in. Then I saw where he was more interested than he should have been. I like Jacob. (Still Team Edward though!)

Because Jacob hasn't seen the things that Bella has. He has the legends, but nothing to back them up. Bella does.

Yes, I did. It was a great way to introduce them in the series.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
Nostalgicmiss
Settled in Forks

Post by Nostalgicmiss »

I have to admit by this point I assumed what he was doing, I also wondered if that was really where he was . . . there was nothing saying that his answer could have been a cover. I still hadn't realized their diet, I knew what they were, I just wasn't sure what made them so different.

B*@!&H, I think anyone who has been through high school knew a girl with the same attitude as Lauren's. I think she finds Bella intimidating and she doesn't understand the appeal (Much like Rosalie to begin with I suspect). She likes being in the spotlight, she craves attention and Bella's shadow was just a little too big for her.

Honestly, I though he was a cute little kid that had a crush, even though he's clearly not that much younger than Bella, I kept picturing this little kid tagging along beside her. It was kind of obvious he thought of her as more than a friend.

Bella knew there was something different about Edward and his family because of the incident with the Tyler's van, she knew beyond a doubt that Edward had been three cars down, she also knew it was his hands that were imprinted into the side of that car. So it wasn't a surprise that she believed the stories, it kind of made it fit.
Jacob on the other hand grew up listening to these stories with absolutely nothing (up to that point) to make it real. There are certain things we attribute to myths and legends because in a scientific world it's unfathomable, improbable even, so without seeing it for yourself, you would never assume that such an anomaly existed.

No, that was a huge surprise to me, I never even considered it. I honestly didn't think we would see Jacob again, I thought he was just an outlet for the truth to find Bella.
Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- Oscar Wilde
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I really had no idea what he might be doing.

I really didn't care cause I didn't like Lauren to begin with.

I thought that he was kinda random. That he just appeared out of no where.

Maybe because he didn't understand exactly what they meant.

No, I didn't. I just expected to see vampires.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"