Book Addicts Anonymous

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Post by willowtree »

Read them.
Oh, yeah, the whole second volume is pretty much centered around her. She's pretty important.
The thing that bothers my most is THERE'S NO MEREDITH. WAAH. humph.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

LionandLamb123 wrote:
willowtree wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote:
dazzel21 wrote:I gotta postpone reading maximum ride for vampire diaries. I become addictive with the tv series so I think I'll check out the books first...
I'm not totally sure on this, but I think that the books are totally different from the TV show. Like I think Elena is supposedly the "ice queen" of her school and I'm not even sure if she has a brother, I think she has a little sister instead. That's just according to reviews I read about it on amazon. But Maximum Ride are some really great books ! :)
It's true. Everything is absolutely and completely messed up, so I refuse to watch the TV show.

~h. f. e. l.

So you like the books better than the show ? I don't want to read the books because it would mess up everything I know from the show and confuse me :lol: Is Katherine even a character in the books ?
I like the show better. I'm almost done with the first book but I can't connect with Stefan in the book. Which is why I'm in book 2 of Maximum Ride and stuck in book 1 of Vampire Diaries. Yes I'm reading Maximum Ride... :lol:
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Everyone should read Maximum Ride.

I'm rereadign Orson Scott Card's books about Sarah, Rebekah, Racheal, and Leah. I really like historical fiction, sci-fy, fantasy, and "what if this was different?" books so obviously he's on the top three favorite author list
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Sami~ Likewise. Love those kinda books.
My friend recommended Maximum Ride... I need to end up reading it...

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Ok ... I suck,.... my addiction is out of control....
my bookcase is full.... over flowing, books scattered all acros the house...
and today i bought two new books...............
I have like 6 books laying around I still haven't read...

I need a bigger house for my books....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

marielle wrote:Ok ... I suck,.... my addiction is out of control....

I have a massive bookcase filling the spare room, one above my bed (for Twilight related), one across the room (for L.J Smith) one for Fandom Books (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Primeval) and I still have books everywhere. We both need a walk in libary like in the Tardis.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:Everyone should read Maximum Ride.

I'm rereadign Orson Scott Card's books about Sarah, Rebekah, Racheal, and Leah. I really like historical fiction, sci-fy, fantasy, and "what if this was different?" books so obviously he's on the top three favorite author list
If you like historical my friend recommended me A Great and Terrible Beauty by LIbba Bray. I have it but need to finish the book that I am in. But from what you wrote it sounds like something you might enjoy.
Banner by TammyAZ
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

dazzel21 wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote:
willowtree wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote:
dazzel21 wrote:I gotta postpone reading maximum ride for vampire diaries. I become addictive with the tv series so I think I'll check out the books first...
I'm not totally sure on this, but I think that the books are totally different from the TV show. Like I think Elena is supposedly the "ice queen" of her school and I'm not even sure if she has a brother, I think she has a little sister instead. That's just according to reviews I read about it on amazon. But Maximum Ride are some really great books ! :)
It's true. Everything is absolutely and completely messed up, so I refuse to watch the TV show.

~h. f. e. l.

So you like the books better than the show ? I don't want to read the books because it would mess up everything I know from the show and confuse me :lol: Is Katherine even a character in the books ?
I like the show better. I'm almost done with the first book but I can't connect with Stefan in the book. Which is why I'm in book 2 of Maximum Ride and stuck in book 1 of Vampire Diaries. Yes I'm reading Maximum Ride... :lol:
I LOVE MAXIMUM RIDE :D I love Fang so much :lol: :lol:
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

LionandLamb123 wrote:I LOVE MAXIMUM RIDE :D I love Fang so much :lol: :lol:
I do too!!! But I'm trying to finish Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief then I'm off to the 2nd book of Maximum Ride.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

marielle wrote:Ok ... I suck,.... my addiction is out of control....

Just had to comment because I swear, you were reading my mind with this post!! I have no more room for another bookcase, but I caught myself looking at them the other day, trying to figure out where I could wedge another one into my house!! :lol: I've promised myself to catch up reading the books I have, but I don't see how I'm ever going to when I keep buying new ones every week! It's sad, really... :roll:

Thank you Naureen!!