Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Jacob Black

Post by AgentCross »

Again, I'm not trying to be rude. But I can't and won't edit myself beyond the normal forum guidelines. I don't think saying that when I read that and when I recall the first kiss in my mind, I viewed and view its as an almost assault however light. Yes, I realize Jacob didn't want to hurt her and only wanted to save her life. Again, in the book Bella even said it was like an assault and Jacob says that's Cold.. to which she says it doesn't change how she remembers it. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, my mother was almost rapped... she was assaulted by someone and fought them off. yet.. I can still use the word here.... because I realize it has different definitions and using it to describe my feeling on a scene in a fictional book... really doesn't effect me.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

OK..........maybe we should move on to another topic?

But before we do I want to add my 2 cents, if that's ok with you two.....

I do NOT think that Jacob kissing Bella was assault, and I have a lawyer dad. Assault, like h.o.f.j said, is the INTENT to HURT or HARM someone. He had no intent to hurt Bella. And if he did hurt Bella, (which he by no means didn't) it would be called battering.

And of course bella would consider it assault, but it's not really assault in the sense of the word

And honestly, as much as I LOVE the tent scene, I never really considered it helpful to the situation.......it was interesting to finally learn some of that information as a reader, but for the characters.......i don't know.....
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

break4jake wrote:OK..........maybe we should move on to another topic?

But before we do I want to add my 2 cents, if that's ok with you two.....

I do NOT think that Jacob kissing Bella was assault, and I have a lawyer dad. Assault, like h.o.f.j said, is the INTENT to HURT or HARM someone. He had no intent to hurt Bella. And if he did hurt Bella, (which he by no means didn't) it would be called battering.

And of course bella would consider it assault, but it's not really assault in the sense of the word

And honestly, as much as I LOVE the tent scene, I never really considered it helpful to the situation.......it was interesting to finally learn some of that information as a reader, but for the characters.......i don't know.....
Again, I'll clarify one last time then I'll drop it. I never said he assaulted her... obviously he didn't. I said it was "like". Which at the time and thinking back.. it certainly felt like it.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

But yeah, I thought the tent scene was helpful because if nothing else, Jacob excepting and acknowledged that Edward did Love Bella.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

AgentCross wrote: Again, I'll clarify one last time then I'll drop it. I never said he assaulted her... obviously he didn't. I said it was "like". Which at the time and thinking back.. it certainly felt like it.

We obviously have very different views on this subject, and I'm gonna just drop it. Agree to disagree?

And I"m gonna read the tent scene again before I jump into this subject too deep, so I know I'm not mistaken
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

break4jake wrote:
AgentCross wrote: Again, I'll clarify one last time then I'll drop it. I never said he assaulted her... obviously he didn't. I said it was "like". Which at the time and thinking back.. it certainly felt like it.

We obviously have very different views on this subject, and I'm gonna just drop it. Agree to disagree?

And I"m gonna read the tent scene again before I jump into this subject too deep, so I know I'm not mistaken
Agree, I'm definitely biased and assault was just easier to write instead of Unwanted Advance. I'm interested to see your response after you reread the Tent Scene.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

AgentCross wrote:Agree, I'm definitely biased and assault was just easier to write instead of Unwanted Advance. I'm interested to see your response after you reread the Tent Scene.
I think everyone has at least one thing in life that they are at least a little biased about, and I know twilight and anything and everything stephenie meyer writes is one for me. I could probably read a non-fiction book she wrote about bacteria and still love it :D When anyone criticizes the books or any of the characters, I get defensive.

And you'll have to be patient about me re-reading the tent scene. I've already been re-reading eclipse, (I'm at chapter 12) and I want to just get to that part without skipping other parts. I weird like that. I won't read the end of the book before I read the rest of it
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

break4jake wrote:
AgentCross wrote:Agree, I'm definitely biased and assault was just easier to write instead of Unwanted Advance. I'm interested to see your response after you reread the Tent Scene.
I think everyone has at least one thing in life that they are at least a little biased about, and I know twilight and anything and everything stephenie meyer writes is one for me. I could probably read a non-fiction book she wrote about bacteria and still love it :D When anyone criticizes the books or any of the characters, I get defensive.

And you'll have to be patient about me re-reading the tent scene. I've already been re-reading eclipse, (I'm at chapter 12) and I want to just get to that part without skipping other parts. I weird like that. I won't read the end of the book before I read the rest of it
Ending's have to be Earned right? One last thing about Jacob though.. and that is in all my posts. I made it clear that I like them and understand him and his motivations. It was just one or three of his actions that I had issue with. But as Stephanie herself said, he's young and he made mistakes.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

((and a little thing on the unwanted advice, well everyone has their opinions, and it's not wrong for her to try to want you to understand her point of view. Just like you were trying to explain your point of view to her, she was trying to explain her point of view to you))
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

AgentCross wrote: Ending's have to be Earned right? One last thing about Jacob though.. and that is in all my posts. I made it clear that I like them and understand him and his motivations. It was just one or three of his actions that I had issue with. But as Stephanie herself said, he's young and he made mistakes.
Exactly. And it's easier to understand the ending if you know everything else.

Yes, he is young, and everyone makes mistakes. And I know this has been discussed a lot on this thread, but I think Jake is very mature for his age, and he only seems immature because he's put up against edward who's had a century to gain maturity