Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by una »

Am I wrong or isn't her DH series her best selling series? I know she has other series and I'm sure wants to continue them, which I have no problem with (I read another series of hers and it is good, odd, but good, not nearly as good as DH but reading worthy), but I'm surprised her editors/publishers are allowing such a big break in what I thought was her money making series.

Goodness, I hope that made sense...it's like the beginning of Tale of Two Cities, the sentence that wouldn't' end! :lol:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

una- I understood :) I was pretty sure the DHs were her top sellers. I am surprised they are letting her take a break from them as well. Maybe they consider the Mangas and Nick's YA series as a continuation of the DHs? But it doesn't feel like they are to me! I'm dying for some more Dark Hunters, Were Hunters, and even some Dream Hunters at this point :) I have to admit, I love the Weres and was so excited to get to read Fang and Aimee's book, but I would so love another Dark Hunter book! Rereading the series made me realize how much I've missed them being the focus of a book!!

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Fan: I think you're right about the manga and Nick's YA series (something that I still don't understand considering his family background and his current status) being a "continuation" to the DH series. I would also love another DH or Werehunter book. Heck, even a Dream Hunter, which didn't thrill me until Xypher's book, would do. I'm very excited for Dev to have his whole book. I loved Aimee's brothers and hoped to read more about their brothers' tragic ends, how they're coping with Mama Lo and Papa bear being gone, being in-laws with Fang, etc. I really miss these hunters!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm curious is Dev's book goes back in time the way Aimee and Fang's does. I'm hoping not. As much as I enjoyed getting the story from Fang's perspective after already reading it from Vane's...I want the story to move forward. All this build up to Nick and what he really is...I'm ready for some sort of answers! And I agree that I am excited to learn more about Aimee's brothers. We've known them for so long but they've always been more in the background. And Dev, with that tattoo, is definitely interesting. I'm curious to see how his sense of humor comes out in the book. (Since that sense of humor is mentioned in several books)

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Fan- I'm pretty sure that Dev's book will move forward. So much as happened between Fang & Aimee's as well as Jericho's book. I really don't see a reason why a large part of the book would have a "flashback". I know that his brothers' tragic end affect him greatly, but I can't see that taking a large part of the book. I'm curious to see how a Dark Huntress (from what I gather on the website) and a Were Hunter hook up.

I'm not sure if we'll get answers, but more questions. I'm dying to know more about Nick and the relationship between Jared/Jaden goes.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Is anyone getting the NICK spin off YA book - Infinity? I was going to and treat as part of the DH series; however the series is going to be 12 books long - and she only is planning 1 MAYBE 2 books a year. THEN and only then will Nick get his HEA in back in the adult DH series. Blah - 12 years?! I decided that I'll just wait a few years and read a group of them together.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Twimom: My library has a suggested purchase option and I suggested Infinity for purchase. I believe my suggestion went through. So now I wait until the library notifies me that I can pick it up. I do believe the purpose behind Nick's Chronicles is for him to some how rewrite his history and come to terms with where he is now. He will get his HEA in a DH book as you said. It's going to be a very long time. *Sigh*
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

CG: I just read a good review of Infinity here. When "tweeting" with the blogger, she said that there are some big reveals in this book already. *sigh* looks like I may have to read now. I will look into it at my library. They have all of the DH hardcovers, so I'm hoping they'll get this.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I have requested it from my library. I'm just too curious about it to pass up.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Twimom: Thanks for the review link! Now, I'm even more curious as to how this series fits and moves with the DH world. Nick is one of my favorite characters and there was no way I'm going to pass up his series. I'm already 5th on the waiting list for Dev's book. *sigh*