Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
buffybuff
Settled in Forks

Re: The Soundtrack

Post by buffybuff »

I read about "Supermassive Black Hole" in one of the articles about the "Twilight" panel at Comic-Con. (I read so many of them, I couldn't say exactly where I found it.) It said that Stephenie made the announcement that they had just gotten a Muse song for the movie, and then the director said that it was "SBH" and Muse was going to mix the song, and that it would be in a really cool scene in the movie. It's pretty much the last Muse song I'd expect to hear in the movie, but I'll take whatever song they could get. Muse is fantastic. Since it's a pretty sexy song, maybe it'll be used for the Nomads??
"How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?"
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Lizzie wrote:
Mary Cullen wrote:I don't care who's on there as long as Edward's lullaby is on. The lullaby Rob has composed is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

I just moves me.
Um... I guess I missed something!? I didn't know you could already listen to the lullaby Rob has composed...!?

Nope, it hasn't leaked yet. To be honest i seriously doubt it'll leak anytime before the movie is released. It's a major theme in the movie as stated by Catherine- it's a song that plays in the backround- and of course really opens up one Edward plays it to Bella. I highly doubt we'll hear anything of it before the movie. A lot of people have been mistaking the lullaby for songs that we all think represent it well, such as "The River Flows in You" by Yiruma.

On a side note, to be honest i'd rather not hear it until i see the movie- i think hearing it beforehand would ruin it for me. Hearing it for the first time while watching the movie will make it so much more breathtaking & memorable.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

mlola619 wrote:
Lizzie wrote:
Mary Cullen wrote:I don't care who's on there as long as Edward's lullaby is on. The lullaby Rob has composed is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

I just moves me.
Um... I guess I missed something!? I didn't know you could already listen to the lullaby Rob has composed...!?

Nope, it hasn't leaked yet. To be honest i seriously doubt it'll leak anytime before the movie is released. It's a major theme in the movie as stated by Catherine- it's a song that plays in the backround- and of course really opens up one Edward plays it to Bella. I highly doubt we'll hear anything of it before the movie. A lot of people have been mistaking the lullaby for songs that we all think represent it well, such as "The River Flows in You" by Yiruma.

On a side note, to be honest i'd rather not hear it until i see the movie- i think hearing it beforehand would ruin it for me. Hearing it for the first time while watching the movie will make it so much more breathtaking & memorable.
There are a few sites a friend showed me a few days back claiming the song they had was bella's lullaby that rob composed. I myself thought it was a bit too soon for it to have been leaked already. My apologies... :) (but whatever song I had heard was still beautiful! It would be perfect for the lullaby.)

... In any case I can't wait to hear it!
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Mary Cullen wrote:
There are a few sites a friend showed me a few days back claiming the song they had was bella's lullaby that rob composed. I myself thought it was a bit too soon for it to have been leaked already. My apologies... :) (but whatever song I had heard was still beautiful! It would be perfect for the lullaby.)

any possibility you have a link to it?
I really enjoy listening to songs that remind people of the lullaby :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

mlola619 wrote:
Mary Cullen wrote:

any possibility you have a link to it?
I really enjoy listening to songs that remind people of the lullaby :D
I'll look for it and post the link as soon as I find it!!! :)
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

Andrea S. wrote:Here is an article that stated "Supermassive Black Hole" will be included on the soundtrack.
Thanks, Andrea!

I really want to hear the mixed version now and see where they're going to fit it into the film.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

buffybuff wrote:I read about "Supermassive Black Hole" in one of the articles about the "Twilight" panel at Comic-Con. (I read so many of them, I couldn't say exactly where I found it.) It said that Stephenie made the announcement that they had just gotten a Muse song for the movie, and then the director said that it was "SBH" and Muse was going to mix the song, and that it would be in a really cool scene in the movie. It's pretty much the last Muse song I'd expect to hear in the movie, but I'll take whatever song they could get. Muse is fantastic. Since it's a pretty sexy song, maybe it'll be used for the Nomads??
Yay for Muse! However, it's pretty shocking that they are using SMBH. You are right, least expecting that one. I was thinking Time is Running Out or Hysteria.. but SMBH? I mean, where do you think it will be used? Someone suggested at the prom since it is a dancy type song (If I was younger, I bet I would stand up in the movie theatre and start dancing.. but I'm more mature now. Who knows though! :lol:)

I was kind of hoping Matt would do the lullaby, as well, because he is a brilliant writer but I guess that's not happening either. Too bad.
Andrea S.
Settled in Forks

Post by Andrea S. »

As far as I know, we still aren't sure who wrote the lullaby that they will be using. This interview with Hardwicke doesn't exactly make it clear, and they always said before that Rob would write something that they might end up using...
Has it been overtly stated anywhere else?
"Ms. Meyer has somehow made not having sex seem like the sexiest decision two people can make."

AthenE
Settled in Forks

Post by AthenE »

Jack's mannequin would be amazing- i think i'd liked rescued over dark blue though =/
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

Andrea S. wrote:As far as I know, we still aren't sure who wrote the lullaby that they will be using. This interview with Hardwicke doesn't exactly make it clear, and they always said before that Rob would write something that they might end up using...
Has it been overtly stated anywhere else?
I'm pretty sure during an interview that Catherine did at Comic-Con she said that Rob did write the lullaby and will be in the movie. She also made the comment about one of Rob's original songs possibly being in the movie.

Rob commented on it as well saying that he sort of made it up on the spot and that the Catherine and everyone else really liked it.