Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Eclipse The Movie, Take 1

Post by Edwards Wheels »

bored by the sea wrote:
fanMNM wrote:I don't know that I like the trailer I saw where Bella leaves from the school's paking lot with Jacob while Edward is left just standing there. It kinda seems like a slap in Edward's face, no? It just didn't happen like that in the book and I wish they'd not have changed that.
ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!! literally yelled at the t.v, when they showed it!! would SO NOT happen!! just MR showing her biased toward jacob again :lol:

Maybe we should ask for a thread about this, kinda have a survey to see how many were actually ok with it cos I haven't heard one person who seems ok with it. :lol:

Looking forward to Eclipse, even though I'm not so sure about some of the choices when it comes to the storyline, ie the quote above :D
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

misskiley wrote: So now that some different trailers and such are out,.. has anyone noticed the Edward/Jacob "I kissed her" one,.. maybe I need to rewatch it, but OMG! That is one of my favorite chapters of the book and I'm so worried it's going to be ruined. I know almost having a fight is better for the movie,.. but come on! I love Edward's whole calm but deadly attitude to Jacob in the book. It kinda reminds me of New Moon at the end, where Bella asks Edward to read Jacob's mind to see if he would hurt her.. that is something Bella would never of done!

I'm very, very excited for this movie,.. and I'm sure it's going to be more than great. But I just don't want it too different from the book.
Ditto! Both Edward & Jacob are different. Edward is obviously very upset, but he's a lot more angry (at least on the outside.) And then when Jacob said "I kissed Bella" line he was NOT cocky like in the book. He almost seemed apologetic. (That's not the word I wanted but I can't think of the right one.) In the book Edward's calm attitude was awesome. And then Jacob is very cocky & not sorry about it at all. He's very glad he did it. I'm trying not to think about it too much unitl I see the whole movie. (The parts right before & after that little clip.) I'm just trying to remember that Pel one of the admins got to see Eclipse when they did Oprah & she gave a positive & spoil free review. (It's on the lex blog.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Edwards Wheels wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:
fanMNM wrote:I don't know that I like the trailer I saw where Bella leaves from the school's paking lot with Jacob while Edward is left just standing there. It kinda seems like a slap in Edward's face, no? It just didn't happen like that in the book and I wish they'd not have changed that.
ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!! literally yelled at the t.v, when they showed it!! would SO NOT happen!! just MR showing her biased toward jacob again :lol:

Maybe we should ask for a thread about this, kinda have a survey to see how many were actually ok with it cos I haven't heard one person who seems ok with it. :lol:

Looking forward to Eclipse, even though I'm not so sure about some of the choices when it comes to the storyline, ie the quote above :D
i know right?! i think theres going to be mass yelling from the hardcore fans in the cinema audience :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

bored by the sea wrote:
Edwards Wheels wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:

i know right?! i think theres going to be mass yelling from the hardcore fans in the cinema audience :lol:
I'll be one of those!!! Grumbling the whole time if there's a scene that's not suppose to be there, and I'll expect there are a lot of moments with those... :roll:
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

very relieved to know I'm not the only one who felt that way!!!

Thank you Naureen!!
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

dazzel21 wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:
Edwards Wheels wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:

I'll be one of those!!! Grumbling the whole time if there's a scene that's not suppose to be there, and I'll expect there are a lot of moments with those... :roll:
I'm hoping that in reality there won't be too many changes from the original book and that we've seen the biggest or worst one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed although I wouldn't be surprised if there were more.
I think it's being done to hype up the Team Edward Vs team doggy thing
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

fanMNM wrote:very relieved to know I'm not the only one who felt that way!!!
dude you are definitely not the only person that feels this way search around pretty much any part of the forum with ref to the movies and theres everyone venting about it :lol:
Edwards Wheels wrote:
dazzel21 wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:
Edwards Wheels wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:

I'm hoping that in reality there won't be too many changes from the original book and that we've seen the biggest or worst one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed although I wouldn't be surprised if there were more.
I think it's being done to hype up the Team Edward Vs team doggy thing
yeah i was kind of hoping this but at the same time we all know M.R. is biased soo she'll do anything to swing it jakes way :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I definitely see MR's bias towards Jake. The books seem (to me anyway) to lean more towards Edward, but the movies are swayed more toward Jake. I have to admit, watching Taylor Lautner bring the character to life has helped my opinion of Jake, but sometimes I feel MR pushes Jake's side a little too much. I didn't like the character of Jake very much, in the books, and he definitely seems different in the movies...it's easier to sympathize with him there. I never thought about why that is, but MR having a bias towards Jake would explain it.

Thank you Naureen!!
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

19 Days or 2 weeks and 5 days to go guys!

We are doing the count down cause we're Twiguys and Twiguys are awesome!
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

fanMNM wrote:I definitely see MR's bias towards Jake. The books seem (to me anyway) to lean more towards Edward, but the movies are swayed more toward Jake. I have to admit, watching Taylor Lautner bring the character to life has helped my opinion of Jake, but sometimes I feel MR pushes Jake's side a little too much. I didn't like the character of Jake very much, in the books, and he definitely seems different in the movies...it's easier to sympathize with him there. I never thought about why that is, but MR having a bias towards Jake would explain it.
I hadn't heard before that MR was Team Jacob,.. but now that it's brought up, it does seem quite true! That is going to be horrible. lol I've always liked Jacob, but the movies have swayed me to like him even more.

Buuut,.. it does seem like almost every preview I've seen for Eclipse has been different than the book in almost drastic ways. I understand when somethings need to be done differently to make the movie fit,.. but EVERY preview has something different then the book.. ahhhhhhhhh..... 2 weeks and 5 days needs to come soon so the anticipation can be oooooover. lol Then we can actually talk about the actual movie instead of assuming what's going to happen!! lol