Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by twilight813 »

I bought it today...it was only 9 bucks. I will give it a try. I don't like the fact that it is a YA series, but I will see what she does with it. It's suppose to be like a 6 book series or something. Dev's book will continue on with the DH series. I have her other series as well under her pseudo name but I haven't read any yet.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I just bought, too. It is available on Kindle now. Don't know how quickly I'll get to reading it, though!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

yea me neither. I am hoping I get it Friday morning so I can take it with me camping, but I don't think that is happening. We will see though.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I actually just finished Infinity. Since I'm still 17 and love reading YA novels still, I enjoyed it. It's very different from the DH and BDB smut that I love and am used to now, but it was a very quick and easy read. I don't want to give too much away, so I'll just post more of my thoughts when some of you others are done with it. But if any of you want to talk feel free to PM me!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I just finished Infintiy!!! When can we discuss?? I am really looking forward to know what you all thought. Without giving anything away...I can say that I wasn't overly excited to read it because I had no idea how SK was going to write a YA series abotu Nick knowing what we do about him and where he ends up. But oh my goodness, it was an awesome read and I loved it. It was definitely cleaner than the adult DH novels, but it was awesome to see it from Nick's perspective as a kid! Really can't wait to see what you all think!

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I still need to get my hands on it. Who else has a copy already?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I'm still waiting for my library to get it. It doesn't look good so I might have to interlibrary loan it. I'm still #5 on the waiting list for Dev's book. *Sigh*
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

twilightmom wrote:CG: I just read a good review of Infinity here. When "tweeting" with the blogger, she said that there are some big reveals in this book already. *sigh* looks like I may have to read now. I will look into it at my library. They have all of the DH hardcovers, so I'm hoping they'll get this.
Oh darn! Between your post and twayh-light's recommendation (sorry if I spelled your screen name incorrectly!), it looks like I am going to have to hunt it down. I only own my favourite DH book (Valerius) and the first DH manga (which I had to buy, because I knew my other Kenyon loving friends might not buy it). I just can't keep up with buying all her books.
In other news, I just read that Kenyon will be attending a convention that I am going to. I've already met her in person once but it'd be nice to see her again, and maybe get another book autographed.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finally read Infinity and I really liked it. Is it just me or does this series give us hope that Nick is not eternally doomed?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I also finally read "Infinity" and I loved it! I think we should start a discussion on it.

Una: I always thought that Nick wasn't doomed. Jaded and angry, yes, but I always thought he retained his humanity.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!