Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

@Becs and Vicky: Can you tell me about Mumford and Sons? Are they good? I mean I heard a friend from the UK talking about 'em and I'm quite curious. I'm planning to buy their music (if we have here in the country) to check though :) <3 you both

and yes the Hunger Games..are they good too? If it was recommended by SM then they're definitely good :)

@Megs: Get well soon sweetie! *HUGS!* Miss you!
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hey Guys!!!

Hunger Games is literally the best series I've read since Twilight. It's so addicting and you feel all emotions in this book. And I honestly cannot wait for book 3 myself!!! If you guys would like me to tell you a synopsis of it I would be glad to :D
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Penny….I just remember it was you that I saw had the PSYCH BANNER!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I haven’t run across anyone else yet on here who watches it. It really is great =)

Misty- You would love the Hunger Games….OK I have books 1 & 2 and the 3rd and final one is coming out soon. So then I will have them all…..hmmm I just think I buried them in a box somewhere though *winks* so I will have to see if I can dig them out or if they have already been relocated, (lol) and then I will send them off to you along with the sookie book (which 3/4 of the way done now)

Vicky-Ohhhh that is one nice list of music. Bex has been my music guru for a while. She had given me the hookup literally. She has sent me massive amounts of music and then did a big music transfer for me too while she visited to me *does a greedy little spoiled dance* haha. But I will have to check out some of those bands too. Of course the Laura, Mumford and Johnny are just MUSTS!!!

HONEY- YOU POSTED!!! Love MUMFORD!!! I was introduced to them by Becca and then Sarah got me tix to see them for my Bday as well…(that is a long story though) and then I got my sister to start listening to them and she LOVES them as now too. And randomly yesterday and old friend from highschool was talking about mumford…it was very twilight zone for me, haha. AND YES YES YES to the hunger games. I love the books. I saw that SM recommended them and they had good buzz and seriously great read and story! Anyway thanks for the get well wishes….MISS YOU and LOVE YA HUN!!

Running…my running has taken a bit of a back seat since I hurt my hip in March and it still isn’t the same…*shakes her fist at granny hip* and well because summer has gotten the best of me. I was running 5 days a week gearing up for my ½ marathon training and now it is more like 3 days a week and not as long of runs…makes me sad. But I hopefully will get more time and get back into it. Yes, I know it sounds sadistic but I actually love it and the way it makes me feel. So *crossing my fingers* that granny hip holds up!!! LOL

LOVE and HUGS dears ones!!!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Honey Mumford are quite simply magical! they'll make you want to get up and country dance all over the place :lol: their albums called Sigh no more you should definitely check it out.

Megs good good Becs does have immense taste in music so i trust that shes taught you well :lol: . yep you should totally check out some of those bands, most of them are quite tiny indie bands here but i love them all the same ha ha. good luck with the granny hip and running dude
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:Penny….I just remember it was you that I saw had the PSYCH BANNER!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I haven’t run across anyone else yet on here who watches it. It really is great =)
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Psych!!! It's the best show on television in my opinion. Shawn & Gus are hilarious!! (I usually put something Psych related on my profile when there's a new season on. I gotta show my ♥♥♥ & support for the show. :D ) I ♥♥♥ this week's episode. It was hilarious & awesome. One of the best recently.

I read The Hunger Games on SM's recommendation & I am SO GLAD I did!! It has become a favorite series of mine. They are just so good!! I haven't been this excited to read a new book in a long time.
bored by the sea We definitely will have to talk about it. But maybe save it for the HG/CF (and soon to be MJ) thread. I love talking about books. And until recently (like the last month) I hadn't come across anyone who has read HG and so I've only been able to discuss them online.
I got an email from Hot Topic today they are starting to sell HG t-shirts!! I actually kind of want one. But not sure if I will get one. Darn $$$$.
Anyone who has not read them yet should. They are amazning!! And I heard they are supposed to be making a movie based on the first one. And that SC is supposed to be either writing or maybe co-writing the screenplay. But that's all I've heard.

It was funny the other day I cut my finger when opening something and my mom's reaction was something like Uh oh Jasper's going to come after you!! And she's only seen the movies! (I've tried & tried to convince her to read the books but she hasn't yet.) For some reason I'm always really slow with comebacks/repsonses. I just smiled & nodded. I thought of something later I could have said to her. I should have said something like Oh it's okay he's out hunting with Alice.

Not much else going on here. I'm such a bad poster lately. I hope you all are doing well. And think it's Friday already!!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

pennybug84 wrote: I read The Hunger Games on SM's recommendation & I am SO GLAD I did!! It has become a favorite series of mine. They are just so good!! I haven't been this excited to read a new book in a long time.
bored by the sea We definitely will have to talk about it. But maybe save it for the HG/CF (and soon to be MJ) thread. I love talking about books. And until recently (like the last month) I hadn't come across anyone who has read HG and so I've only been able to discuss them online.
I got an email from Hot Topic today they are starting to sell HG t-shirts!! I actually kind of want one. But not sure if I will get one. Darn $$$$.
Anyone who has not read them yet should. They are amazning!! And I heard they are supposed to be making a movie based on the first one. And that SC is supposed to be either writing or maybe co-writing the screenplay. But that's all I've heard.[/color]
yep yep to be dicussed on the thread yes indeedy, yep well i only read them on the reccommendation of another lexling and stephenies as well, ha ha everytime i get to a part that im shocked by i end up doing a mass fb post on said lexlings wall just rambling about eveything :lol: ooh HG tshirts sounds intriguing depending on whats on them, if it was a mockingjay i think thatd be quite cool. yeah i heard theyre turning them into a movie too, but i guess it all depends on how the screenplay turns out etc.
p.s. :lol: at your mums jasper comment, bless the parentals
**TEAM EDWARD**
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Bored by the Sea - they are selling the t-shirts at my Borders store and the shirts have a mockingjay on the front and it says Hunger Games on the back. I was seriously considering buying one for myself :D
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

xhopeonaropex wrote:Bored by the Sea - they are selling the t-shirts at my Borders store and the shirts have a mockingjay on the front and it says Hunger Games on the back. I was seriously considering buying one for myself :D
:o man soo want one ha ha too bad im in the u.k. may get to searching for them on the net though, dude you should get one
**TEAM EDWARD**
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Vicky - Thanks for the music recs! I think some of them I've heard a song or two from - I'll have to hunt through my itunes. I do free downloads (legal) from websites I shop from (like Urban Outfitters); they are usually a bunch of random indie stuff from the states and around the world, so one of those might be in there. I'm excited to try some new stuff :D

Hunger Games T-shirts - I saw the Hot Topic tees at the store and I liked the one with the mockingjay on the front, but I hated the words on the back. The only shirts I really like with words are band tees with the band's name. I like everything else to be more subtle. I would love a shirt with just the mockingjay symbol!

Went to a Japanese festival today and it was sooo much fun. A little too crowded, the venue was not big enough for all the vendors. I ate some delicious food made by a local resturant (which I'll have to hunt down!) and bought some goodies. There were a lot of sweets for sale so I bought some creme filled cookies (with panda printed on them of course), strawberry and chocolate mountain shaped candies, and some fruit chews called Hi-Chew. I also bought myself a new bento box to use for dinners I'll need to take to campus with me and some cute decorative food picks.

FINALLY got pictures up on facebook of the stuff Jasmine and Sarah sent to me too.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

So I ended up NOT getting the mockingjay t-shirt cuz I didn't have enough. I thought money is better spent on a book :lol:
I bought The DEath and Life of Charlie St Cloud. I want to read the book before I see the movie (IF I see the movie). Started the first few pages and it's really good, kinda sounds like a Nicholas Sparks novel :D