Not The Loch Ness ~ Team Renesmee

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Not The Loch Ness ~ Team Renesmee

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Okay, let's just stop this stupid arguement.

Hanny, where are you?

I don't think an adoult with a younger voice will work. you see in movies often how the voice sounds fake. but on children TV shows there are still kids that do it and it sounds better. And if not a 6/7 yo then a 10/11 yo cuz teens/adoults can't fake a baby voice.
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Good call :)

On topic: We gotta take into account Nessie's intelligence, as I've said before. If you read about Bella and Edward talking about Nessie in Breaking Dawn, Bella remarks that Renesmee is smarter than most adults she knows, even as a baby/toddler. Only an adult or maybe a teen can get Nessie's diction and vocabulary down. I don't think that you can teach a little kid those big words and such, as it's just too advanced.

Granted, kids aren't often given enough credit for being bright-Hanny was only like 10 or 11 when she read Breaking Dawn and she got it. But that's kind of an exception to the rules deal. Twilight fans aren't given enough credit for being smart, either, as most of them can separate fiction from fact, and fantasy from reality. Granted, there are some who think that Kristen Stewart is really Bella Swan and Rob Pattinson is really Edward Cullen...on and on and on. But that's the exception to the rule.

That all being said, an altered voice may be the only way to go unless a completely computer generated voice is used. I'm not convinced as a general rule that we can get a young kid to do Renesmee's voice. Maybe we should ask Hanny if she's willing to try :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

I am so here, what're you talking about? *looks around innocently*

First, let's deal with the off-topic:

Peter (I'm calling you that, okay?)~ You live in Mansfield! Like Mansfield Park!
And I'm calling you Peter because I like the name Peter, and I know someone named Sean.

Thank you two for being mature and dropping it. *hugs to all*

On-topic~

I say CGI, all the way, hands down, etc. Maybe an actor to use as a base, but I doubt a newborn could convey intelligence and appear to grow before your eyes. And like Peter said, a toddler couldn't deliver lines or learn big words or anything, I think only a CGI could do that.

Yes, I agree with the smart thing; people take Twilight fans to be empty-headed little idiots. or big. but you know what I mean. For example, people think people who read big books with mature content are smart, which they may be, but they also may not be, and they may be struggling. It's stereotypes.

A computer generated voice would be terrible. I hope so much they don't do that. Haha, I'm not sure if they'd take me. I'm much too old. :D Although Vildy (another friend from the lex) says I look exactly how she pictured Renesmee. I don't know, though. *shrugs*

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Yes Hanny, I live in Mansfield, as in Mansfield, Ohio. It's hotter than you know where in the summer and it feels like that place froze over in the winter. I don't like it very much, but it's better than living no where, I guess.

We do need someone who's mature enough to get Nessie's vocal mannerisims and vocab down, but how is the best way to get that done? I say hire a teen and or a young adult and either have her fake the voice or have it altered. Anyone have better plans aside from hiring the rare pre-teen like Hanny that understands the Twilight Saga? The girl who was in photos I linked to for what I think adult Nessie may look like might be able to do her voice, but she's Dutch and English is more or less her second language, inspite of the fact that she did well in English classes in school (and she's a big Twilight fan).

In additon, I have this to ask. How would you react to Nessie being the feared "superhuman teeth baby", and how would Renesmee react to that it she saw it?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

kayAlicekay
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kayAlicekay »

I haven't been here in forever! OMG, I'm so sorry. Some of you might not even know me, or remember me. Well, you can call me KayKay.
So, what are we talking about now?
KayKay Peace Live Laugh Love TWILIGHT!
Team Alice - Seeing the future since 1901 - Shopper Team Rosalie - Every Rose has its thorns
Team Renesmee - Not the Loch Ness
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Hanny~ You are SO not here :P
No probs. -hugs*
Hi, kaykay (:

on-topic~

Yeah, it HAS to be CGI. There is no other way.

Yeah, like blonds are dumb and persians are cheep. And people with glasses are nerds and so on. But people who read thick books are usually smart, Mo.

Hanny, you actually really do look like Nessie.

AND HANNY SHALL BE NESSIE ROM NOW ON!

What do you think about the 3D? Do you think that it will do justice to Nessie?
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

- Do you have a nickname or something you would rather be called?
Jennifer or JennJenn :)

- Why did you want to join Team Renesmee?
She seems to be an awesome character and unique, and I find that fascinating!

- What is your favorite thing about Renesmee?
She brought together two clans that normally would be mortal enemies. Also, she is the best of the humans and the vamps :)

- Any favorite quotes from or about Rensmee?
I love after she is born when Edward says "Renesmee." and is in such awe and wonder about her.

- Is there anything else you want to share?
I hope to get to know some awesome people here!

-Any ideas for what we do here (aside from answering questions)?
Not at the moment, but I can always think!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

How about this girl being adult Renesmee?: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1263939/

SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

That's a good choice. If her hair was just a tad darker, then I think that it would be perfect. I can totally see her and Jacob getting all comfy with eachother and then getting married. She seems like someone that would be a good shopping companion for Alice :lol:
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Hi Jenn!

*Super!HeadOfTeamNessieVoice*
Hi Jenn, and welcome to Loch Ness Lake, Renesmee's very own clubhouse!
Right now, it's only me, Chernaudi, and you, since our other regular member is going to Spain and Portugal for a month, so post away!
Have fuuuun!
~Hannah

*end Super!HeadOfTeamNessie voice*
You can call me Hannah or Hanny if you want. :D

Peter/Sean/Chernaudi, remember your manners, introduce yourself!

Oooh, I like it, I agree! I think her hair needs to be more bronze though... more like a shopping victim than companion... :lol:

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)