EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

Melody! I keep wanting to call you Mel (like from The Host) and then I get all sidetracked thinking about Ian and Wanderer and...Im doing it again. My apoligies, what I meant to say was WELCOME (officially this time)! As part of EDCCS (Emmett's Demolition Crew Cheer Squad) Im going to go ahead and perform our official welcome cheer for you :D *backhandsprings into her uniform* ahem..

WELCOME TO E-D-C!
WHERE WE TALK ALL THINGS EMMETT-Y
YAY!! WOOOO!!!!
*does flips*
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! FROM ALL OF US TO YOU!
WE HOPE YOU HAVE FUN, WORKING ON OUR CREW!!!
*jumps and claps*
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*backhandsprings some more for the heck of it* This is great! Its been a while since we had new members arrive so close together so my cheering is improving with all this extra moving and experience. And Melody, I believe here on the EDC we've all had a moment very similar to what you described in history class, so you are most definatley not alone on that one :-)

Raven~ we'll miss you! But I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time, and if you DO go to the store for pretzel M&M's your time will be even fabulous-er! Im sorry about your cousins friend, my uncle was stationed in Afghanistan for a couple years and Kuwait before that, so I know how you feel. It sucks to feel so scared and helpless (at least I did), but just hope and pray everything will be all right, like it luckily was with him! We've just gotta stick together :-) and you're a year younger than me, right? You may have missed the Lizzie McGuire then, because it was cancelled basically after the movie came out and Hillary Duff started singing and doing movies instead of tv...was I the last generation that grew up with Lizzie?

Jen~ All right, no Jenny. I'll remember that! I guess even names have connatations, so it makes sense to prefer one nickname over the other. My names so short that you can't shorten it reasonably no matter how you tried, so I've never had to go through the nickname thing personally...ooh I made that sound kind of semi-deep!

Bri~ We don't need to mention that kiss Hil got from Kellan, or her life may become endangered...remember the "Kill Anna" party we had after she got with kellan? Im sorry (or maybe not so sorry :twisted: ) to say I was one of the more livid forces behind it, and I don't want Hillary going through the same thing. I know Im too jealous and possesive of Kellan, im trying to work on it...

I vividly remember that episode! The one quote that stuck with me is when Lizzie's having her nightmare of what she's convinced is going to happend and Miranda says "We don't neeeed you anymore" and its all climactic and dramatic and slow motion!! And the at the end the girl that was copying Lizzie is following the mean girl that Lizzie hates (excluding the baking episode) and dressing like here and theres all that irony :lol: I loved my Lizzie McGuire...Even Stevens was usually on after Lizzie, did you ever watch that? Ooh and Kim Possible! That one is timeless! And it had the voice of the sister from Even Stevens. Im getting way too sidetracked again...

Summer has been over for me since the 12th :*( Its still depressing to think about though...Hehe *joins in on the telepathic convincing* :mrgreen: that was a good idea Bri, I hope it works! Yeah, you said you were making a Watchman refernce but I had no idea what that was :oops: but a superhero with a flamethrower?! Sign me UP! Can I be the super side-kick or something? Ted: Innocent cheerleader by day, fierce (now I sound like tyra banks :roll: :lol: ) by night! Thats my tagline 8-)

Syd really needs to believe we're not dead, I actually had a decent amount of catching up to do today and even TWO questions to answer! We're making a comeback!

What do you think is the worst Prank Emmett has ever pulled?(and they don't have to be from the books, make up one if you want.)
I liked Jen's answer, something about Edward/Bella's love lives was the first thing that popped into my mind when Raven asked this question. I can see him doing some harmless pranking around the hospital too though, just something little and random to brighten Carlisle's day. And Im sure Jasper got his fare share of pranks (like ALL the Cullens have at one point or another) when he was still the newest in the family. But the WORST prank he ever pulled? I think it would definatley be as a vampire since he has more resources, strength, time, and smarts/wisdom to put into it than when he was human. And it was probably directed at Edward, though if it took place after Bella's change than she would have surely been involved as well. I'm not creative enough to think of anything specific, I've never been much of a prankster myself...oh my gosh what if he got Renesmee to help him! I bet he did! That would be perfect and so like him, he makes such a great uncle!

Do you think he'd ever try anything on Jacob (or maybe Seth, since he would be much more easy going about it)? I can see him and Seth joking around but Im not sure if the rest off the pack would still get offeneded by it...if Emmett were to prank them he would have to be really careful about it, and that's usually not his style.

I'm going to sit on the other question (metaphorivally, not literally. That would be akward.) and get back to you all. And I'll probably end up adding more to the one above, right now I just need to get to my math and chem homework, unfortunately, but I foresee a visit back here in my near future!

Oops, I was about 10smiles over the limit (aaw, that sounds sad, theres a smile limit!) so half of my smiles are animated and other half text-ified...eek I almost used an animated one again! How am I ever going to stop over-uisng those, we need a lex-smilie rehab thread or something!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

Ugh my brothers friend is over and they keep getting on the computer so I couldn't get on! So I'm gonna stay on just to make them mad 8-)

Melody: Hey welcome to the EDC!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Raven! *waves*

Ted: Yah I know what you mean by feeling helpless. It's like you just want fly over there and grab him and bring him home. But sadly I'm not super-women so I can't. oh and I don't know how old are you? Im gonna be 14 in less then a month. so yay.

Bri: Yah I don't think I ever watched that show. But I guess I never really watched any thing like it my dad would probably kill me if I did. :lol: He doesn't like that kinda stuff. You like Aerosmith? :D yay! I love Aerosmith and if I get any pics or anything from the concert I'll try to get them on here but I don't know if they will allow Cameras to the concert. Umm I think the opener is going to be a band called ZZ Top. But I'm not sure. :?

Jen: I'm glad you told us not to call you Jenny because I probably would have at some point.

Syd: I don't know if you'll will see this or not but COME BACK! Were not dead! were aliiiiiiiiive! :roll:

Ok Question:

What do you think is the worst prank Emmett has ever pulled? (And they don't have to be from the books, make up one if you want)
Well I made this question to get people thinking. But wow I don't know :lol: Fooled by my own question so ironic :evil: ok Umm I think it was probably against Alice and she probably seen it before hand and set him up :lol: I bet she like dug a hole and made him walk right into it :lol:

Do you think he'd ever try anything on Jacob (or maybe Seth, since he would be much more easy going about it)?
I think it would be against Jacob, just so he could see what he would do. So Yes maybe after they get to know eachother and stop trying to rip each others throats then maybe he would try something with Jacob.

~Raven

(Too many smilies. *cries*)
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

Hey hey, everyone. ^_^

Ted: HAHAH, I remember the party! Everyone was SO hopeful that it was just a rumor (I know I was) and that they were just friends from when he did those guest appearances on 90210. Ugh, not the greatest of memories. =P -Shifts eyes and zips mouth- Whoops, sorry Hilary... -Cough- :S xD

OH YEAH, the nightmare. Miranda was so dramatic in that episode. I used to want to be exactly like her, but I probably mentioned that already. :roll: My memory sucks. And I loved Even Stevens! Me and my sister would fight over the remote all the time because she hated the show, but I always thought that Shia was hilarious in it. It's weird to know that he's such a big-time movie star now. O_O I think the episode that sticks with me the most is the musical one, where Ren gets sick and dreams that she fails one of her school exams. -Sings- We went to the moon, in 1969~ :lol:
I liked Kim Possible, too. I remember begging my parents for a naked mole rat because I thought they would all be as awesome as Rufus. xD And the guy that does the voice of Ron played my favorite character on Boy Meets World! I was too young to remember it when BMW first aired but I watched the reruns and had the biggest crush on Eric. "FEENY! FEH-EH-EH-EENY!"
For some reason, I can totally see Emmett liking Boy Meets World, but maybe I'm just biased. :P Anywho...

-Laughing so much- Psh, Tyra Banks WISHES she was that fierce! I spy a comic book in the making. EDC powers, ACTIVATE! Demolishing house in one. Two... :lol:

Raven: Awesome! ^_^ And YES, one of my favorites. Unfortunately they never really tour around here and since Steven Tyler is going to be a judge on American Idol this year, I don't think I've have the chance to see them live anytime soon. :( Oh well. But ZZ Top is great. My parents listen to a lot of old school music so I kinda grew up around bands like that. xD Good luck sneaking a camera in, by the way.

Do you think he'd ever try anything on Jacob (or maybe Seth, since he would be much more easy going about it)?

I agree, I think after the Cullens and the pack started to get to know each other more, he might try to pull a fast one on him. Especially since Alice wouldn't be able to see what he was up to. Maybe he would do it while Jake was babysitting Nessie, so the rest of the pack wouldn't be around for it? And I love the idea of him getting Renesmee to help.
Oh gosh, this sounds like a prank war in the making. Quick, somebody write a fanfic? Hahah xD

And yeah Syd, READ THIS. WE'RE ALIVE! AH, AH, AH, AH, WE'RE STAYIN' ALIVE, STAYIN' ALIVE! :lol:
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Heya everyone, I can only write a quick message because I have to go pick up my brother form his girlfriends..

Welcome to the newest members!! I'm Elise, an Oldie of this thread (at only 18) and also from AUSTRALIA!! (Yeah sorry that's for you Paige..)
I'm Cheer Captain for EDCCS (Jen I shall get back to you in the next couple of days about your PM, I'm just currently out of time)
Umm I have been MIA here for a while because school is quickly taking over my life :)

I shall answer questions again as soon as I can come back but I just wanted to introduce myself to to the new members and just let people know if you have any questions regarding anything about EDC I should be able to answer anything, just send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :D

Oh and Ted..I've been meaning to pop into Team Rose I feel like the worst person in charge :?

Oh and incase anyone is interested..Australia has their Prime Minister election tomorrow and I get to vote for the first time :O Actually not that interesting because I kinda don't really care :)
Oh and being the enrdy person I am I spent the entire day today at an Encrichment Day for Extension Maths..What of it??
:D

Till soon peeps!!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

This is a totally random, off-topic post. Sorry EMC! Just ignore it, I'll come back soon to properly post. Buuuuuuuuuuutt I just had to post this..

Hi Elise! I'm Paige. :D I'm from Aus too! (You know that already obviously haha) and I'm also 18. Oh the election tomorrow is so ugh! I'm a first-time voter too and i have no idea who to vote for.. i hate politics. It's so confusing and they're all fake!
So where about in Aus do you live?
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

From the post on here, I take that most of ya'll are younger than me (I turned 26 back in May and have a baby girl) oh man I feel old :lol: But I love this thread. I don't know why I haven't posted sooner! LOVE IT!

Here is an interesting question:

We know Emmett as the prankster/jokester. How do you think he would be as a father? Would he still be the same, or would he become somewhat like Edward?
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Liz!! Of course I missed you!!!! (: And that's good because I was getting worried about you!!! And yes, of course, Ted is fine as you now know... :D

The brother was Derek you guys... remember, we were trying to teach him manners? xD And Derek is fine, I talk to him on FB sometimes, though he hasn't been on in forever!!

Auntie Raven!!! Welcome back!!! Though I suppose you'll be dissapearing again soon (:

Hanny! You and your silly, confusing, questions!!!

What is your favorite book for Emmettness?

Breaking Dawn, of course!!! The arm-wrestling was epicly hilarious xD

Shaibear ~ Pettybear?? I'm petty? Sweety, do you know what petty means?? :( Look it up!!

We have laptops at school! I assumed every school did!

If Emmett were to be a shapeshifter what animal would he shape shift into other then a bear?

I think he'd shift into an eagle... Not sure why other than the fact that Emmett loves to be free and have fun, but at the same time he's noble and protects his family. An eagle reminds me of that. (:

If Emmett wasn't with Rose, who do you see he could be with in the Twilight world?

Sadly, there aren't many girls in the Twilight world besides Bella, Angela, Leah, Rose, Alice, Esme, Renee...erm thats all I can think of right now... but as I was saying, besides them, there aren't many Twi-girls I like much at all... and even less that I think are right for Emmett... Maybe Leah... Emmett would be good for her, he would make her laugh... and Leah would keep him grounded... and I've always seen Leah as being really beautiful when she's not pissed :D Great minds think alike RAVEN!!!!

I remember you Elise!! (: Welcome back!! I hope your face stops being puffy soon! (:

TED! Finally missy!! You've been gone for far too long... tsk tsk!!
*gasps* You didn't think I'd remember you???
Oh Ted, of course you would get such a cute job! I miss you sooo much, I wish you hadn't moved!!!
You got another dog Ted??
Huh! I didn't even think of MS... ahh, I've missed you (:
KELLAN LUTZ IS IN STICK IT???? *scrambles to find Stick It in Youtube*
*giggles* bajeebers... ahh....
I know, I know... I was trying to get you on here, but then I got sucked into the tennis team xD

What would be Emmett's favorite movie?

Huh. I would think Napoleon Dynamite. Never seen it but I've heard it's wicked funny :D

What country/region would be Emmett's favorite to vacation to?

Gosh darn. You WOULD have conditions to go with your question... Anywho... I think Emmett would love to go somewhere wild! He'd like wind & rain... maybe mountains so he could flaunt how fast he could climb... somewhere he could hunt exotic and scary animals... Not sure what place meets those...those uh... uh those.... those thingies! Grr.

Welcome welcome SwanCullen!!! I know you'll have loads of fun here!!! :D

Why do you think Emmett was so ready for Bella to become a vamp?

Many reasons. Many many reasons. He wanted Edward to stop worrying constantly, wanted a newborn to play with, wanted a new sister, and wanted everyone to be happy and also for all the ridiculous fights over Bella to continue...so naturally she had to become a fiesty newborn... :D He also thought he could take her!! Ahh, how wrong he was....

Bri!!! Welcome back!!! (:

Emmett isn't mentioned much in the books (sadly), so what part of the book do you think Emmett should have been in more?

Definitely Twilight... Bella should have met him a lot sooner and a lot more often...

What do you think would have happend if Emmett (instead of Jasper) had been the one re-born into a newborn vampire army?

I shudder to think of that!! He would be scarred... physically and emotionally and mentally!! He would never be the same... That's all I can say without freaking myself out over this...

What do you think is the worst Prank Emmett has ever pulled?(and they don't have to be from the books, make up one if you want.)

Honestly, I don't think Emmett has ever pulled a bad prank! Maybe when he was human and didn't have years of experience at being a trickster... he might have put worms in his brothers' sandwiches :lol:

Welcome to Melody!!! Have loads of fun here, I know I do!!

I LOVE LIZZIE MCGUIRE!!!! Man, I spent sooo many years watching that show... I even had a poster of her on my wall... I uh, still have it :oops: :D I love Even Stevens too... I never expected Shia to grow up to be so cute haha xD

Well not before Nessie, what with the war & all... but after Nessie, most definitely! Jake became part of the family... no way would Emmett pass up fresh meat xD

We know Emmett as the prankster/jokester. How do you think he would be as a father? Would he still be the same, or would he become somewhat like Edward?

Ha. Ha. I can't ever see Emmett ever becoming like Edward.... Emmett would definitely be that guy, the one that spoils his kids while Rose plays mommy :D

TED! Here I was, expecting something soo much worse... where's that smack talk you were bragging about missy?? xD

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

HOLY FACINELLI!!!!

What the crap! I go away for a few weeks and BAM! The thread just EXPLODES! This calls for (drum roll please)...

PROMOTIONS!!!!

Ok, here we go!

First off, welcome to the new people, including The girlie-wolf (Shai), TheVioletHour (Kay), PuNkk-Rawrr, aussie-twigirl, Melody, and SwanCullen, that I haven't officially said hi to yet. I'm Carrie, HR Manager of this awesome place! You guys all started out as Trainees, but it looks like some of you have been posting away! Here are the updated ranks of all the new people:

TheVioletHour- Trainee
PuNkk-Rawrr- Trainee
Melody- Trainee
SwanCullen- Trainee
aussie-twigirl- Looks like you get to skip a couple ranks! You move right along and find yourself as a Hand Laborer!
Shai- I cannot believe how much you have posted in such a little time! You went right on over Trainee, Clean Up crew, Hand Laborer, Bulldozer Trainee, and have now officially landed at Bulldozer Operator! Good job! *high fives*

OF COURSE I wasn't going to leave out everyone else! There are plenty of promos to go around, and even more to hand out in the near future!

Best Beating Heart- Hand Laborer
Hannah- Jackhammer Trainee
Pennybug (Jen)- Hand Laborer
Nezzie- Wrecking Ball Operator
Willow- Jackhammer Operator

Congratulations to everyone! You guys are all freaking amazing!

Speaking of amazing...

TED!!!!!!!! BRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ELISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how I have missed you three!!!! I haven't seen you guys around in FOREVER! :D

As always, I have also missed the rest of the crew! I can't believe how much everyone is posting. It makes me so very happy. :)

And now for a question or two.

Why do you think Emmett was so ready for Bella to become a vamp?
I think its mostly because he just didn't see the point in waiting. He just figured, well, if she's going to become a vampire sooner or later (because it was pretty obvious that she was going to eventually become one. Alice's visions aren't even needed for that one), might as well just do it. Why sit around and wait for the inevitable, when it could just happen now?

What do you think would have happened if Emmett (instead of Jasper) had been the one re-born into a newborn vampire army?
I don't really think he would've necessarily hated it all that much. If you're just made to do something and thats what you are taught, thats the way you're going to behave and act. It would've just been a different lifestyle and something that he'd just go with. He might have even liked it, especially at first, because he could've used his strengh and his power. Unlike Jasper, he wouldn't be able to feel emotions or anything. He might see fear, but never feel it.
It's hard to say whether or not he would ever be able to break free from that lifestyle. I see why Jasper did, but unless something really drastic came along (like Rosalie), it probably wouldn't have happened for Emmett.

I think thats pretty much it! Just remember to stay on topic. If it is obvious that it has nothing to do with anything even somewhat revolving Emmett, I just skip over that post when I'm counting for promotions. BE SURE TO MAKE EVERY POST COUNT!

Another thing that I just wanted to touch bases with was the Midnight Sun spoiler warning. I might be the only person on this thread who hasn't read it, but please, please, PLEASE make sure you post something about a spoiler warning before you say anything regarding to that book specifically. Ted did it perfectly on this page.

Oh, and one more thing. If I'm not calling you by the name you wish to be called by, please either pm me or meantion it in your next post so that I can put it in the "books." Thanks!

I'll see ya guys later!

Love,
Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

@Carrie: Hi! I'm Paige, you can call me that. Most people here do already! Thanks for the welcome! :D Yayyy for promotions!

Hi everybody else!!! :D

I think Emmett would be great father! He would be so good to his kids. He'd probably spoil them roten but he'd play and joke with them heaps and he'd teach them lots too. I don't think he'd be completely like Edward but I think some paternal insticts would kick in and he'd be more like Protective Emmett ya know? But he'd still be Prankster Funny Emmett too!

~Paige~
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Hey Carrie (: Good ta see ya!

Yay! Promotions are soooo fun! *does promo dance* Congrats to everyone who got promoted, I'm sooo happy that the EDC is making a come-back!!! :D

Seems I have answered all the questions in my monster post...aaaannddd soooooo....iiittttt'sssssssss....QUESTION TIME!!!! :D

How do you think Emmett would be different if he had never been turned & had stayed human? (This is assuming the bear attack never happened!!)

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥