Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by RebeccaCullen »

The only way for Summit to release anything more then a PG13 rating, as per my understanding of the no R-Rated movie, would be to release an unrated version on DVD in the US. Somehow an unrated cut tends to become a 14A here in Canada.
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

I really want an r-rated Breaking Dawn! How they are going to do the whole "caesarean" scene and the "honeymoon" scene I do not know! I liked those bits in the book because it was giving us what we really wanted! ... maybe not the gory birth but you catch my drift :lol:
Having those scenes on the DVD extras would be great as long as they are definitely r-rated! A bit of steamy awkwardness is to be expected :lol:

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Melody wrote:Having those scenes on the DVD extras would be great as long as they are definitely r-rated! A bit of steamy awkwardness is to be expected :lol:
ha ha love it
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Melody wrote:I really want an r-rated Breaking Dawn! How they are going to do the whole "caesarean" scene and the "honeymoon" scene I do not know! I liked those bits in the book because it was giving us what we really wanted! ... maybe not the gory birth but you catch my drift :lol:
Having those scenes on the DVD extras would be great as long as they are definitely r-rated! A bit of steamy awkwardness is to be expected :lol:
In my opinion it'l be easy to do it PG-13.
1) In the book the sex scene aren't explicit. It fades to black & you know what happened. There have been plenty of movies that are PG-13 with tastefully done sex scenes. (Titanic & from what I hear Remember Me.)

2) I don't want a gory birth scene. And from interviews I've read the one producer Wyck Godfrey said his wife is an OBGYN and she told him they can do a caesarean in a way so it' not R. Plus he said they might just focus on like the faces of the characters so we don't have to see much gore & blood.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
TwilightRocksMyWorld
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightRocksMyWorld »

444 more days until breaking dawn!
Can't wait got the countdown on my iPod

Yea I don't want a gory birth scene either hope they find a way to make it not gory.

~peace love twilight~

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

They decided to go for a full birth scene then? I hope that they don't have a lot of blood, maybe just enough to make it look convincing.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
TwilightRocksMyWorld
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightRocksMyWorld »

436 more days to go guys :D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

I used to have a lot of problems with the birthing scene and how it would be portrayed, but not as much anymore. This scene is crucial to the plot and is absolutely riveting. The only thing I wouldn’t care to see is Edward chewing through the placenta. Also, this is the only true “action” scene of the first half of the book, I don’t think there is any way that they are going to downplay it. Like Edward, I feel very protective of Bella so I am going to hate to see what she has to go through, but think about what would be missing if they don’t show it:

a) Bella’s spine snapping. I hate this probably more than anything else, but it graphically demonstrates that Bella is going to be better off being changed, if it’s even possible to save her at this point.

b) Rosalie being transfixed by the blood after the incision. Gory scene, but how else do you get to Jacob’s Kung Fu demonstration?

c) The delivery, and then “Throw it out the window!”.

d) Direct injection into the heart. Holy crow! I’d love to see a bit of the venom drip out of the end of the needle onto a bloody rag, and then you can see something…starts…happening with the blood.

e) Edward and Jacob working side by side. Jacob is frantically administering CPR while Edward is placing his bites. This cannot be removed; these are edge-of-your-seat moments in the theater and are not going to be soft-pedaled – the audience is going to be transfixed. The two former enemies are trying to save the life of the woman they both love.

f) Jacob plummets to utter despair and leaves weeping for the woman he loves, while Edward never misses a beat.

All of the above sets up the raw emotional atmosphere for Jacob descending the stairs, his grief turning to rage and a determination to kill the “monster” that is the cause of all of this.

I hope they end the first part halfway through the transformation, as I would like to see the second part begin while the change is still underway, in order to start with a lot of tension in the air. I would also like to see a scene inserted where Alice, Rosalie, and Esme all come in the room and clean Bella up, dress her, comb out her hair, and just display a lot of love and devotion to her. I think that would have a real emotional impact.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

corona wrote:d) Direct injection into the heart. Holy crow! I’d love to see a bit of the venom drip out of the end of the needle onto a bloody rag, and then you can see something…starts…happening with the blood.
hihi you are quite the dramatic type...
btw, welcome to the boards Corona...

I'm worried about the birthing scene as well, but I'm going to keep that feeling down as it is still more than a year to go...I'll probably be flipping by the time the shooting ends in March...but hey every fool his onw...right...

at the moment I'm totally stoked that next month they are starting pre-product, I mean really starting... I know they are busy with casting at the moment...and I really hope Rob and Kris are practising the feather scenes really well... :twisted: ...but i'm really getting bouncy....
TwilightRocksMyWorld wrote:436 more days to go guys :D
Hey thanx for starting the countdown...I'll join you as soon as I got over the fact that it's still so far away...it's so damn depressing...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

corona : First welcome to the lex! Second you bring up some good points. I just hope they can do it w/out being too graphic. Which they will to get a PG-13 rating. (I get squimish watching shows like CSI.) I would love to see the needle to the heart, and Edward fighting & NOT giving up!! This scene will be very intense & action packed if they do it right. Here's to hoping SM, BC, & MR will work TOGETHER to get it done correctly.
marielle wrote: at the moment I'm totally stoked that next month they are starting pre-product, I mean really starting... I know they are busy with casting at the moment...and I really hope Rob and Kris are practising the feather scenes really well... :twisted: ...but i'm really getting bouncy....

it's so damn depressing...
They start preproduction next month?! Sweet!! It really is depressing how far away it is. I WANT TO SEE THE WEDDING!!! (And hopefully as beauiful as described in the book. Let Alice shine!!) Add on that we still have over 2 months until EC comes out on dvd. They spoiled us w/NM & EC coming out so close together. And TW & NM coming out on dvd after only about 4 months. I don't know if I will be able to handle being patient!!
I wonder when we'll get the first pictures? Even if it's just the cast on set. That's all I want!! It'll help I think.
Last edited by pennybug84 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson