So this is what it's like to be a Newborn...

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jaspers-Girl
Settled in Forks

So this is what it's like to be a Newborn...

Post by Jaspers-Girl »

Hey any and all who read this!

So, I'm new to the world of Twilight...saw the movies and started reading the books this summer. I know, I know...hate to admit it, but I was putting it off because I feared that I'd get hooked. I guess I shouldn't have fought the inevitable, since I am now "unconditionally and irrevocably" in love with Twilight...to the point of obcession. The problem with this is that few of my friends feel the same way and I REALLY need people that I can talk to about Twilight-related stuff. Hence, I joined the forum. Ok, so that's a little of my backstory. Now to give you some details about myself.

How did you pick your screen name?
In my ideal world, I would be Alice and therefore Jasper's girl.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
A friend of mine dragged me to see Eclipse...which meant I needed to see Twilight and New Moon. I loved the movies, but wanted to know more and figured details would be further explained in the novels. I'm currently about 1/3 of the way through Eclipse. No favourite yet.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
I love Bella because she is very much like who I am...shy, self-concious, clumsy. As for the whole Edward vs. Jacob debate...I am Team Edward all the way...actually Team Cullen would be better, since I love the whole vampire family!

Who is your favorite minor character?
If you're actually reading this, it's pretty obvious...Jasper and Alice!

What are your hobbies?
Reading, singing, cooking and baking, arts and crafting (painting/drawing/knitting/cross stitching)

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
I'm a Canadian girl from Ontario.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
Biologically I'm in my 20's...physically I've been told I look younger (mid. to late teens)...and mentally, more often then not, I still act like a teen...just with a little more maturity.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: So this is what it's like to be a Newborn...

Post by Jestak »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy things here :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

When you get around to exploring, feel free to check out Flight to Phoenix. There's a thread specifically for 20 somethings (I may be in my 20s but I actually spend most of my time on the Teen Thread) Welcome to The Lex
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

Welcome to the Lex! You will really enjoy it here :)

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hey! Welcome to the lex!

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I too am basically Team Cullen. I love them all for their own reasons!! I am also in my 20's (definitely don't feel as old as I am) and sometimes probably still act like a teen. (Especially when it comes to all thing Twilight.)
And I am also obsessed with these books & the story & characters. (I blame my sister-in-law who introduced me to it.)

Feel free to pm me if you need anything. See you around the boards.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jaspers-Girl
Settled in Forks

Post by Jaspers-Girl »

Hey! Thanks all for the warm welcome.

To up date my intro info, I have since finished Eclipse and am now devouring Breaking Dawn...I read part 1 last night. Can I just say that Stephenie Meyer is a literary genious?! Just when I think it's not possible to love her characters any more, she has them saying and/or doing something that has me loving them more than I thought possible!

Openhome - that's an understatement about the potential confusingness of the Forum. I've never been a part of something like this before and find it a little overwhelming. Getting comfortable around the Lex will get lots of my effort though, as I'm really excited about the idea of chatting with other Twilight addicted nuts. LOL! Thanks again for the helpful info and kind welcome...I'm already starting to feel like part of the family. :D

balsphemous_contessa - thanks for the suggestion. I'll head right over to Flight to Phoenix and check out that thread.

pennybug84 - it sounds like we have a lot in common in deed. I feel the same way about the Cullens...the more I read, the more I wish they were my family.
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi! Welcome to the Lex! See you around the boards! Have fun!