General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
L.Cullen
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Leah's friendship

Post by L.Cullen »

I wondered if the Jacob/Leah was some sort of reference to the Biblical story of Rachel, Jacob, and Leah. Biblically, Leah longed for Jacob to love her. Eventually, after Rachel's death, he did. It's also interesting to note that name Leah means "weary one."
MajorKlutz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MajorKlutz »

For a little bit there I thought that Jacob was going to imprint on Leah. But I guess it was lucky winner Renesme!!!! But that is okay. I also wonder what Leah said to Bella when she yelled at her. :D
I love my men cold, dead, and sparkling!!!! (*sparkle, sparkle*)
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

L.Cullen wrote:I wondered if the Jacob/Leah was some sort of reference to the Biblical story of Rachel, Jacob, and Leah. Biblically, Leah longed for Jacob to love her. Eventually, after Rachel's death, he did. It's also interesting to note that name Leah means "weary one."

WOW! i can't believe i never noticed that! Hmmm...that's actually a really good theory...*smack forehead* why didn't i think of it? Oh that's right, cause im stoooppidddddd :P
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

mlola619 wrote:
L.Cullen wrote:I wondered if the Jacob/Leah was some sort of reference to the Biblical story of Rachel, Jacob, and Leah. Biblically, Leah longed for Jacob to love her. Eventually, after Rachel's death, he did. It's also interesting to note that name Leah means "weary one."

WOW! i can't believe i never noticed that! Hmmm...that's actually a really good theory...*smack forehead* why didn't i think of it? Oh that's right, cause im stoooppidddddd :P
lol!! i never thought so, because i don't think leah loves jacob like that, and nessie sota gets in the way. i think the meaning of her name is significant though.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

MajorKlutz wrote:For a little bit there I thought that Jacob was going to imprint on Leah. But I guess it was lucky winner Renesme!!!! But that is okay. I also wonder what Leah said to Bella when she yelled at her. :D
leah is my GIRL. of all the female characters in the book, i identify with her the most, though not as bitter, honest. i was SO GLAD when leah yelled at bella during BD.

i never thought jake would imprint on leah, i knew it was impossible, but i have to admit i was sorta hoping they'd end up together during jacob's book.

yeah, i think her name has serious significance.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
MajorKlutz wrote:For a little bit there I thought that Jacob was going to imprint on Leah. But I guess it was lucky winner Renesme!!!! But that is okay. I also wonder what Leah said to Bella when she yelled at her. :D
leah is my GIRL. of all the female characters in the book, i identify with her the most, though not as bitter, honest. i was SO GLAD when leah yelled at bella during BD.
....ahahahahahahahha
i felt the same way. god, i was like SMILING - a smile of pleasure- when Edward said leah yelled at bella and made her cry. goshh, she needed a good dose of that. But also at the same time i felt bad for her. oh well!
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Rachel = Renesmee
Leah = Leah
Jacob = Jacob

"I'm hoping for another death," said Harry.
I agree, Harry. I'm hoping for another death, too. :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I'm really happy that Leah & Jacob have some sort of understanding between themselves, I wouldn't actually call it a friendship in that sense but an understanding of how the other feels. I think that they can relate on the fact that they have lost their loves to someone else & I think that what brings them together.

At first, I didn't like Leah at all, she reminded me of the bitter ex-girlfriend and I totally understand why but knowing all about the imprinting stuff she should understand but I'm glad that she chose to support Jacob even though she disagreed with him about the Cullens.

I'm glad that SM ended up making her the Beta in the pack because as woman she can provide a different aspect on all the male horomones that are going on.

I just wish that SM would have allowed Leah to imprint on someone & to be happy. I think after all she's been through that it's the least she deserves.

I just thought of this why did she end up transforming. Is it because she was the only younger woman in the tribe?
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

Dont_Call_Me_Nessie wrote:Leah is one of my favorite characters and I really think she's gotten a lot of bad press that she doesn't deserve. Sure she's a pain in the behind, but how many of you could live her life and win Miss Congeniality? I'm glad that she's finally getting a chance to be happy and I'm glad she and Jake are friends. I hope that Stephenie Meyer decides to use her as a narrator of future novels, because I think it would be fascinating.
I completely agree "Don't_Call_Me_Nessie"!!
No one really realises how mcuh pain she went through! I never pictured Jake and Leah getting together because he was so set on Bella but I thought they might have a one night stand or something!
I know it sounds stupid but look at it! They both want people they can't have and it's driving them mad and they'd both see it as a way of getting back at Sam and Belaa for not choosing them! it's crazy what frustration can do to some people! And imagine what it would have done with the story!?!

I read quite a few posts on this subject and I agreed with one at the bottom! (Sorry, I can't remeber who posted it)
I really wish Stephaine Meyer had given Leah ehr happily ever after that I think she deserved! I feel that she leaned on Jacob becuse of how similar his situation was to hers and when he imprinted I think she must ahve felt more alone than ever and it would have been great if she met someone too!

Does anyone agree?
ImageEdward Cullen
Kat.Flow
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kat.Flow »

Well, joining the topic...

When I read BD, and saw the change of friendship between Jacob and Leah I was almost thinking that they had imprinted each other but they were not really noticing (I know, is a weird idea). Sometimes I didn't understand how Sam could never show a little bit of comprehensión towards Leah behavior, I know the imprint....
But when I saw that Jacob and Leah were like comforting each other, all made sense. They both were rejected by the person they loved and...you know, they have a lot of common, it was great to see that both of them found a little of comprehension.
Immy93 wrote:
I really wish Stephaine Meyer had given Leah ehr happily ever after that I think she deserved! I feel that she leaned on Jacob becuse of how similar his situation was to hers and when he imprinted I think she must ahve felt more alone than ever and it would have been great if she met someone too!

Does anyone agree?
I agree with you! It makes sense she felt more alone now that the person that understood her have found love.