Confederate Army--Third Rank-- Team Jasper

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: Confederate Army--Third Rank-- Team Jasper

Post by willowtree »

Oouph. Poor you. *pats head*

Yeah, school's getting to me. ick.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

SCHOOOOL'S OUT FOREVER~ -Sings-

Okay, so not really. But one can wish. :lol: Anyway, yeah, real life has been getting in the way so I figured I should log on to warn you all that I might not be here very often for a while. However, I will still pop in every now and then to see what's going on, read posts, reply to messages, etc. So if you guys are worried about this place dying, or have any ideas for how we could organize another battle, promote the team, or anything like that, please send me a PM or post here, and I'll be sure to read it. [:

Also, if you have a question or just want to chat, feel free!

Thanks everyone <3 And no, I'm not giving up. Just letting you know that I haven't completely disappeared off the face of the earth. :lol:
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

Aaaw, Bri you got my hopes up with the "School's out forever"!! Thank you for the notification, have a great time living real life! I'm taking a one hour break to enjoy the lex world, I have literally set aside one hour and Im going to do nothing but lex :D Nobody else is online though :( but at least I can help decorate the thread to perhaps persuade the rest of the army back?!

*sets up streamers and balloons and throws sparkles everywhere*
Perhaps this is a bit too feminine...we are an army after all, I guess I should make the place look a bit tougher...
*wallpapers EVERYTHING in camoflauge*
There we go :D

Hannah, I feel you *does symbolic gangster sign to empathise* Schools getting to me too :(

& Bri, you need to get some sleep girly! No more all-nighters *wags finger sternly* I mean it young lady! :lol: Im not very good at being serious...

JASPER and ALICE!! How exciting you both stopped by! I'm sorry we weren't here to greet you, but I appreciate the visit very much :D I'm glad you enjoy our exploits Jasper, hopefully we can have that battle soon!

Speaking of the battle, what if we planned REALLY far ahead and had it sometime over christmas break, but not too close to christmas/new years? That way people will have more than enough time to hear about and it seems like thats what we need since nobody can get on all that often. If we just keep posting reminders and do some sort of prep (planning etc.) but something that doesn't involve battle plans, I think we could keep the hype up. Thoughts?

Have you seen Jackson Rathbone in anything other than Twilight? If so, what was it? What did you think of his performance compared to his portrayal of Jasper Hale?
I went on IMDB just to see what all he'd been in (apparently he's done the Disney 411 things a couple times! I want to see those!) but the only things I'd seen him in were Criminal Minds and No Ordinary Family. I agree that he did crazy well in Criminal Minds (no pun intended) and admittedly, I didn't SEE him in No Ordinary Family, but I've seen as episode of it so maybe he was in there somewhere and I missed him? Highly unlikely scenario since I am very easily tipped off by any Twilight-actors' presence in anything I see, but he can't be such a minor character that he wasn't in the pilot episode, can he? I'm bginning to think aloud again, I need to do something about the nerves between my brain and my fingers because as soon as a thought enters my brain my fingers type it, it's not good when trying to stay on topic or make a point clear! Oh and I haven't seen The Last Airbender yet, but what I saw of him in it on youtube didn't seem bad, even though the video and sound quality weren't very good...

Well, I'm off to train for battle 8-) *grabs sword and ninja rolls off into the distance*
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
Pandancer

Post by Pandancer »

Thanks for understanding, Ted! And for trying to help out a ton. :D Hahah, you caught my sleeping schedule again?! Good eye. Well, yeah, it IS a little messed up but... Erm, I can't help it, yeah! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Maybe I'm part vampire. :lol:

Woah, look at all the camoflauge. :shock: I remember YEARS ago I used to be obsessed with colored camoflauge. It was like, my tie-dye. I had shirts in hot pink and neon blue camoflauge and everything, It was probably a little lame, hahah. :oops:

I like the idea, by the way! I was thinking of doing something similar but I wasn't sure if anyone else would be up for waiting that long. Maybe, hopefully, if we keep the hype up enough, people will still be excited/ready for it by the time Christmas break does come? When does it usually start for all of you? (:
OH and because you mentioned Disney 411...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdIf8_3IAPU <--- Our very own Jackson interviewing Hilary Duff.(Curse you, Lizzie McGuire, for being able to film THAT scene with Kellan that I shall not name! :lol:)
And here he is again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr-xinCZ ... re=related <--- Talking about ToonTown Online.

The best part is that I remember these PERFECTLY (And my gosh, I was such a huge fan of ToonTown, I actually miss my account a lot :(), but I never knew that was THE Jackson. He's so cute! xD
By the way, did anyone see him at the Scream Awards tonight? Very sweet acceptance speech, and I was glad to see him doing a lot of the talking for once. :P
Army -Salutes-
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

I'm quite observant when it comes down to the abstract details, Bri :) though I never catch the important stuff :roll: but Im okay with that I guess. Anyway, try and get more sleep, but I understand having an odd sleeping schedule because thats my definition of summer :P

I never really got into camo or tye-dye, I always felt like a was a poser if I tried to wear either. It doesn't make much sense but I would still feel guilty, like I was stealing from the army's honor if I wore camo and that I was stealing from the hippies if I wore tye-dye...my logic was a bit flawed as a young'n :lol:

Trying to plan for christmas break is the only thing I can think of now. If we plan for 2weeks away (like last time) then only about 2people get on in that time so nobody knows we've got a battle planned and then those 2people en dup being busy anyway. Thats what it feels like at least, so if we aim for December we have over a month to get the word out and people should be home more because of break. Im flying back to the states the 18th-19th and I'll be off until the 8th of January. Should we try sometime before christmas (20th-23rd), after christmas (26th-30th), or after new years (2nd-5th)?? I don't know about you guys, but I plan to shop 'til I drop after christmas :D I'm sure I could arrange to still make the battle though.

I've seen those episodes before! I didn't even connect that it was Jackson, THE Jackson in there! & Hillary Duff is cursed for all eternity for what she did with Kellan, shes not even grateful for it! & look at how close she's been to Jackson too! Thats SO unfair! Everybody else in my house is asleep so I had to watch the 411 clips without sound and Hillary Duff looks (no offense) vry dumb when she talks and you cant hear her. She's sorta ditzy and very blond-seeming (though Im a blonde too so not trying to offend again). I was imagining things she could be saying while watching, it was pretty entertaining :lol:

I never got on ToonTown because I was afraid the subscription meant it was a scam :oops: Again, not the best logic as a child. & I'm going to go look up his scream awards acceptance speech right now, I've never really seen him give an acceptance speech since its always Rob/Kristen doing it for twilight...
Pandancer

Post by Pandancer »

Hahah, thanks Ted, I'm definitely trying. ^^; At least it's not a bizarre hour as I type this this time! xD

That's actually why I stopped wearing camo after a while! I was like, "Oh no, what if I offend somebody?!" :lol: We were straanange kids. But that makes childhood more fun anyway. :P

You're right, two weeks away would be too hard unless we had direct contact with the other members. (I.E an email address, IM account, etc.) So the longer we have to gather everyone's interest, the more people who are willing to join in. Good idea!
I'm thinking it would be the best idea to schedule the battle after New Years. For some members, especially the ones with big families, having a battle might be difficult to do right before Christmas because everyone is busy trying to get their last-minute present shopping done, you know? And right after Christmas is possible, but like you said... Shop 'till you drop time. :D But if noone wants to wait until after New Years, we can have it then, as long as enough people are able to get online. Maybe we could start it sometime late at night? I don't know, I was thinking an all-day kind of thing for the weekend. Like, it starts at midnight, and two-three days later, ends at midnight.

Oh man, I have to try watching it without sound now! :lol: That sounds HILARIOUS. And I know, right? I wonder if she even remembered Kellan before the movies came out. Pssh. :P Hahah, I love how hyper Jackson is in those videos though. I miss watching Disney 411! xD

I was always super paranoid about subscriptions but I kept reinstalling the 3-day trial on a bunch of different computers so that I could play Toontown again and again. :lol: Finally my parents caved in and let me join the game for real, and I was HOOKED. I played for years before I got bored of it and we couldn't afford the membership anymore (Since I was hardly using it at that point). My character was a periwinkle cat and I think it's name was... Miss Peaches McSnookums or... Something random like that. :roll: Fun times!
And definitely look it up. He doesn't talk for very long but, psh, hearing him talk at all is always awesome, hahah. : D
Army -Salutes-
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

Aaaah! Nobody's been on in months! I'm worried how this battle is going to progress seeing as we can't even get the word out if nobody's coming to the thread...I think after New years is a good idea Bri :) new years is a friday this year and we'll probably all need at least one day to recover so if we start it on sunday and battle for...3days? or would it be really awkward if we did a whole week? I just feel like nobody's going to be on... :?

Bri Im so proud of you for being up at a normal time! :D Thats a step in the right direction! Hehe only one more week of school and then it's BREAK and I get to go see all my family and friends in the states and shop and eat!! Woohoooo! Haha strange is definately always more fun :mrgreen:

& I bet Hillary didn't remember Kellan at all and then when he got so famous from the movies and she was just an old, washed up popstar she called him desperate to reconnect. Kellan have better refused after the way she treated him! I love how intently I try to make sure Kellan doesn't have any close female friends :roll: it's all in vain, I know, but he needs to stay single for me...

Jackson is adorable when he can be happy and doesn't need to act like he's constantly in pain! I love him too, he's forbidden from having close female friends as well :lol: Aaw Bri Im going to start calling you Miss Peaches Snookums the periwinkle cat :D :lol: or just Snookie for short?! The only online game I ever joined was club penguin and I was CrazyLaugher or something along those lines...and they had the chat feature where you could talk to other penguins and I remember one time somebody refused to talk back to me and I said something like, "you can talk to me you know, Im NOT crazy!" and then I looked at my username and realised the contradiction...I stopped playing club penguin as soon as Disney bought it, it changed SO fast :(

Anyway, I've gotta get packing, but just in case some army members haven't understood this yet, you ARE allowed to post and interact here! Please do! :mrgreen:

~ PG!!!!
Pandancer

Post by Pandancer »

Oof, I'm so sorry guys! It seems I broke my promise about checking in with you guys. :( I would have been on sooner but I've been sick for the past week or so. It's just a flu but I can't seem to get rid of it and all I want to do anymore is SLEEP! What a way to start the new year, right? :roll:

Anywho, thank you, Ted! And look, it's only 7:40 as I type this now. I'm quite proud of myself as well, hehe. I have you to thank! -Bows- :P How was your break? Shopping and eating sounds like a pretty good combo to me, that's for sure!
And agreed that it may be hard for us to get the word out about this. -Sigh- Talk about complicated details. :S I suppose a week COULD be awkward, but it's probably necessary and I think we would be able to handle it as long as everyone kept up with it, you know? So we could try that. More users would have a chance to make it on time, too... -Thinks- I almost wonder if we should make this a mutli-team battle? It seems like site events tend to work out better if you get the other teams involved, like EDC and Team Alice. We'd just have to figure out how to make it work...

:lol: Ted I love your crazy, intent plans to make sure he don't have any close female friends. Besides Nikki and Ashley and the others, of course! Your plans are hilarious. HAHAH! As long as when you call me 'Snookie', you make sure there's an 'E' on the end. I don't want to get mistaken for Snooki from... -Shudders- The Jersey Shore. :shock: That would be awful! No offense to anyone who likes that show of course. I just don't like it, personally. :P
:lol: The crazier, the funner! (I don't care what anyone says, that's a word.) I remember Club Penguin, my cousin made me join a while back and it was REALLY fun. I only played for like, a week though because I joined right before Disney started to change it for the worst. Poor CP used to be so much fun, too. :(

So, another thought I had was that... Maybe we should elect some new Captains around here? I'm not sure how well that would work, or if I even have the power to do that but well, it's sort of difficult to keep the place active when none of the other Majors or Captains are around. It's not a full proof plan, but... Hmm. -Plots-
Army -Salutes-
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I am sorry all! I've neglected the Lex, I apologize, but I'm hopefully back now! :) Life's been rough, I haven't had much spare time, but I'm hoping to pop in irregularly and answer some questions.

Thanks Pandancer for trying to start things up, and I agree on electing some new Majors...I'm not sure though. I don't think any of the others are planning on stopping in here any time soon, which is depressing to say but true. I have no idea what to do, really. -Shrugs- I wish there's more I could do to help!

- Major Peter
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

Ive been MIA from the lex in general for so long that I feel guilty coming back after all this time...I'M SORRY!!!! :banghead: Haha thats how I feel...when did we get new smilies? Now I feel like I've been gone even longer, how could I have missed new smilies?!?! :hello: that one reminds me of jasper and the scene where he first meets Alice and he "ducked his head like a good Southern gentleman and said, ' I'm sorry, ma'am' " I can see Jasper giving women "a tip of the hat" as it were, it suits him!

I think new majors could help, seeing as Bri is the only major that has actively been on for about the last 6months...or were you elected as a major too, Derek? I can't seem to remember, another sign that its been too long since I was on the lex :( at least I can still quote the Twilight series off the top of my head as showcased above, I'm quite proud of how well I've retained that skill :) Anyway about the majors/captains, weren't the majority of them facing some personal issues or something along those lines and that's why they were to be out for awhile? It's just none of them have come back...none of the army in general has come back... :cry: we need to regroup, I think what Bri was saying about getting other threads involved is the only way to go at this point, otherwise we'll never have the numbers required to pull this off. Have there been parties with multiple threads involved recently? I haven't been around so I don't know, but I haven't seen any invites or plans anywhere as of late so it would appear that more threads than just this one are pretty quiet...

Well it was good to see you guys again, Derek and Bri! Or should I say, snookie?! ;D I'll keep an "e" at the end since I'm not a fan of the Jersey Shore either, but I actually didn't know "Snooki" spelled her name without an "e", I just assumed it was with an "e" and was trying to poke some fun at your screenname:) though it was a very good one!! It just reminded me of Jersey Shore...

:rant: hehe this smilie was apparently made to show me describing Kellan and Jacksons female friends, thats what I look like as I type out my plans to isolate them from females until they meet me! And this is what I do when I see pictures of aforementioned hunks with females :worried: :swoon: :heartbroke: Oh obsessions, we're made to have them!

Unfortunately, it's time for me to go to bed. I'll miss my beloved army (PG 'TIL THE END!!) but I've really got to get some sleep. Oh dear, Im on at 11pm, which means Im on later than Bri!!!:o it seems Im the one with work to do now...well, this has been a drwan out goodbye, but I promise Im finishing up now! Byebye :wave: