Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by SarahGoddard »

Aw Sami, it's ok don't be silly :) we've both had a ton of stuff going on. I know we catch up when we can, it's totally cool :D 

Hmm low budget mini adventures *thinking cap on* maybe like a hiking holiday or something? I don't know - I will ponder :)

Aw you really are a sweetie! Thank you :) 

The whole online vs irl friendships thing is am interesting one for me. The only online community ive ever been a part of is my lexily, so that's my only basis for comparison. 

My "really close" friendship of 9 years  with my girlies fell apart over absolutely nothing. I learnt (the very hard way) that just because you've been friends a long time doesn't make them close, loyal or true. 

Compared that to the 3 people I would call my closest friends are 3 people I met right here! 

Codaniel, truly the best thing that EVER happened to me, and my McMuppets - Becca and Megs. I knew the second I met both of them that they were truly special girls. 

Not to mention how lucky I count myself for all of the other wonderful lexlings I met on my American Adventure last year. And those that I hope to meet soon! 

So for me - looking at the facts - online friendships work even better, maybe because you have so much time to get to know each other. 

Although it's true you should be careful because there's always the chance the odd person may not be quite what they originally seemed. 

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth :) 

Ok I'm off to go and spend 2 days in a love bubble for our anniversary, just swing by to attempt the "post a day" 

Muchos love to you all! 

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Sarah: First the Good: Congrats on your anniversary with Codaniel! Woohoo!! :D
The bad: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the DW calendar is with Smith. There was no Tennant :(
I don't mind Matt Smith, but don't worry - I'll always choose Tennant first!! PS - I just read he is doing
some stage work with Catherine Tate soon - love it!

Me: Sorry it has taken me so long to start my blog after saying I would. I spent the 3 day weekend at in anime convention - nerdy I know, but I love it and won't deny it :lol: . I had an absolute blast meeting new people, buying tons of loot, going to panels, and meeting some of my favorite American voice actors. However, with the crazy snow in the south my first day of classes has been pushed back to Thursday, giving me time to blog!

Here is the link: http://thisandthatz.blogspot.com/
If any of you do blogs feel free to PM me advice. I'm not sure how well my writing come across since I've never done a real blog.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Hi Lovelies.

Have been super busy with wedding planning and such. And my company has been offering some overtime lately…so of course I am jumping at the chance to work that as much as I can while they offer it before it disappears. Who can’t use the extra money, esp when we are paying for the wedding ourselves. Have been able to go back and forth home too and have my family up for visits too which has been nice.

I am going back at the end of January to visit my family, friends and to go bridesmaids dress shopping with 3 out of my 4 bridesmaids. The 4th bridesmaid would have a bit to travel to go shopping as she lives in well Scotland……*sees eyebrows raise and heads start to turn* OK the gig is up it is Sexy Bexy. Well girls you all know the love fest her and I have had since day one. And well it is only fitting that she stand by my side. As well as her and Bryan have gotten to become great friends too. And my other McMuppet…my Sassy Sarah will also be at my side at my wedding as my Bridal Attendant. Not to sound too sappy, but I truly love these girls and know no matter what I can count on them during the best and worst of times and am blessed to have them in my life.
So who would have thought random posting on a forum years ago could have turned into the friendships that they have and and did and into. and with all of our lexlings too.

Lily-Hopefully your school week goes well this week and no crazy snow days. So happy for you and your job. All your hard work has paid off. YAY!

Ally-Following you on your blog. OK are you ready for a new Project Runway to start?!?! I am and not with a stupid winner like Gretchen!! UGH I think she was the most hated winner ever.

Rach-Hoping the studying is going well. What an amazing feat to graduate from law school. And moving in the process and studying for the bar. Busy girl! But again so worth it. So happy to see my lexlings doing well.

Maria-What is your careerwise that you want to “reinvent” yourself that you said?

Janny-Ohhh Bodyworlds. I believe we had the same thing here. We went to that when it was at the local museum it was so cool!!! I loved it.

Sami-Miss you and luv ya tons. Hoping things get better all around.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Megan~ That is SO AWESOME!!! And how awesome is it that two of the Lexily will not only be AT your wedding...but IN it as well!!! Actually, there will be three, right...because of course Sarah will bring Codaniel as her date! It will be a big Lex meet up! The biggest group of Lexilings to meet up yet, I believe!

How awesome would it be if one day we have another wedding *coughsnowgodcough* and a certain couple people coughhermcmuppetscough* got to stand up and witness the marriage of two of our lovely lexilings!!!

Sarah~ if only i could be as convinced of the "truth" as you are...it must be a wonderful feeling to know you can trust so completely.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@mrk, i understand where you come from. Ive met LOTS of ppl from online in real life over the years. Most were just like i thought them to be, and some werent exactly fun..but those were usually ppl that were there as extras. (except one ex that i totally deleted from my mind) We usually had meets and parties together. LOts and lots of fun.
BUt nowadays, i tend not to give my trust to ppl lightly, and i dont want to intrude on ppls lives to much.
LIke with my collegues of my second job...2 of them..we just click. they are friends but they dont hang out much, mostly because one is doing everything with her bf and the other is mostly in a diff town going out. But we get eachother, we have the same humour and we tell everything to one another at work. Ok, so the first one has been at our home twice, once for a bday, and once to get a tarotreading by sid, because they have been coworkers before. BUt she doesnt really have a sociallife without the bf, and the bf is deff not our kind of people. so its not like i can see them outside work much. We did get them to go with us to a movie though, a funny dutch one, and we are still talking about that. so that was cool.
but other than that, our backgrounds and social life are just too diff.

Of the ppl i met irl that ive first met online, well ive been freinds with some of them for years. ive met my 3 bfs all online. first one lasted 5 yrs...and sid..we met online aswell. even though that started out as friends since i was still in a relationship. So i guess i could say ive met some great ppl online, but also..most o the ppl i liked online tend to live far away, so metting them is usually a bit difficult.

@sarah, im not sure of this yr will be the yr, since that prince of yours is getting married and the whole of london is booked because of it. So we might try to save money to go next yr, im not sure.

@cantbreath, bodyworlds is an exposition about the humanbody, they are all. simply said, 'made into plastic', that way they are preserverd, and you can look inside them. Like lungs from someone with lungcancer, of just a human with all of his muscles exposed. bascially, very educational and more interesting than a medical book. IVe been wanting to go there ever since they exposition started, which back then was a bit of controversial, becasue it are all realy human bodies, but we couldnt back then. now, we have tickets and we r going on friday, i cant wait. Ive always been interested in the human body and how it all 'works' and this is perfect to see inside the body and understand :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

*sneaky doublepost*

CONGRATULATIONS to codaniel and sarah!!!!

Im so happy for you both *bounces up and down*

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Congrats to Sarah and Codaniel!!

I pretty much fell out of my chair with happiness for you two when I saw your messages on Facebook :D

(**Misty - were you feeling a little psychic this morning)
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

YAY Congrats to Sarah and Codaniel!!!

Welcome to Engaged Life!!!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Well, I "posted" this about an hour and a half ago, but somehow it didn't take, and now it feels a bit redundant, but luckily I "copied" it and still have it available for "pasting", so here is my earlier proclamation post!

Hello my lovely lexlings.
I know I have been AWOL for a while now, and feel somewhat bad about that, but thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to come back in here and reconnect with everyone here..
Sarah and I have an announcement to make:
Last night, on our one year anniversry, I proposed to Sarah and she agreed to be my wife!
So we are engaged, and I couldn't be happier.
I know this is a big thing to show back up and just drop on all of you, but I thought it would be something you all might want to know..

Obs... Forgive my infidelity, she stole my heart, and I am sorry... = (

Anyways, I love you all and look forward to reading your thoughts on the whole shebang, or what have you, and getting back in touch, I've missed you guys, and being busy with work isn't really a good enough excuse to have not been on here for as long as I've been gone...

Anyway, talk to you soon!

Much Love,
~Codaniel Von Johnson~
AKA
SenorGimp
AKA
1/2 of the amazing SnowGodd!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I think that is so amazingly romantic and sweet Codaniel!

Congrats to both you and Sarah.

This is an amazing step in life and enjoy every second of it. It truly is an amazing feeling to be engaged and make plans to spend the rest of your lives together. I know that's how I felt when Greg proposed to me.

You have to keep all of us updated on the plans!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3