General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Classic Romantic Relationships

Post by debussygirl »

I've never seen Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, but I thought it was about a poor family and for some reason I was under the impression that the couple in it weren't happy and the woman was oppressed somehow. Care to explain the plot and how it goes with Bella and Edward?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

debussygirl wrote:I've never seen Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, but I thought it was about a poor family and for some reason I was under the impression that the couple in it weren't happy and the woman was oppressed somehow. Care to explain the plot and how it goes with Bella and Edward?
I've never seen 'cat on a hot tin roof', but you may be thinking of 'fiddler on the roof'. Cause when she posted that, at first I was like, "That's some old musical about being poor!" But, then I remembered.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Tamalyn wrote:
debussygirl wrote:I've never seen Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, but I thought it was about a poor family and for some reason I was under the impression that the couple in it weren't happy and the woman was oppressed somehow. Care to explain the plot and how it goes with Bella and Edward?
I've never seen 'cat on a hot tin roof', but you may be thinking of 'fiddler on the roof'. Cause when she posted that, at first I was like, "That's some old musical about being poor!" But, then I remembered.

I love your sig! WUTHERING HEIGHTS WAS AMAZING! okay and now for my input...sure this isn't a "classic" relationship but one i will always remember is Jack & Rose from Titanic...story gets me every time :cry:
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Tamalyn wrote:
No, I know Fiddler on the Roof. I just saw something on TV about Cat ona Hot Tin Roof, because it's going back on broadway but starring a African-American family, and they did a little blurb about it. I was pretty sure that the family was poor, the marriage unhappy, and the woman bogged down by the man, but since I've never seen it I can't be sure.
edwardslilsis
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardslilsis »

well hey guys i hope that i am not imposing on yuor conversation but...

i have been reading Sense and Sensibility and the begginning relationship between Marianne and Mr. Willouby (sp?) really compares to Bella and Edward because Mr.W saves carries marianne home after she sprains her ankle and they talk to each other everyday and they would hang out together too and later on in the book marianne finds out a dark secret about Mr.W and then she is rather shocked and very heartbroken because he leaves in the book too just like in New Moon and so yeah.. there is my comparison to the romantic couples :D
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Gasp! Comparing Edward to Mr. Willoughby is like blasphemy! Just keep reading, and you'll discover why. But such a shock to my heart!!
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

edwardslilsis wrote:well hey guys i hope that i am not imposing on yuor conversation but...

i have been reading Sense and Sensibility and the begginning relationship between Marianne and Mr. Willouby (sp?) really compares to Bella and Edward because Mr.W saves carries marianne home after she sprains her ankle and they talk to each other everyday and they would hang out together too and later on in the book marianne finds out a dark secret about Mr.W and then she is rather shocked and very heartbroken because he leaves in the book too just like in New Moon and so yeah.. there is my comparison to the romantic couples :D
I was also struck by that similarity! That book in particular has a few dead-on twilight similarities. I can't seem to keep every character's name straight, but Edward Ferrars (if that is the one I'm thinking of) reminded me alot of Edward Cullen. Dreamy.

But, keep reading, and see what Debussygirl was talking about. And NO! You are not imposing. It's always nice to have new perspectives, especially when the convo has gone a little dry. Welcome!
she'sgotgoldeneyes
Settled in Forks

Post by she'sgotgoldeneyes »

i really don't know what did it for me, but in the book UnLunDun by china meiville, the heroine and her sort of 'boyfriend' remind me of bella and edward. (yes, i know this book is not a classic) the boy is a half ghost, and he thinks he's not good enough for her, but they seem so perfect and balnce eachother out like B & E. plus, the boy is always trying to protect the girl. :)
ImageImage
"Jacob Black, she's not coming back; La Push has come to shove""
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

They can indenify with Romeo and Juliet just by the fact that it's a vampire and a human relationship. No one approved of them being together (from what I saw in the trailer Emmett didn't approve.) just like no one approved of Romeo and Juliet being together but they got together anyways.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

ok so i know this isn't a classic relationship at all but: Beauty and the Beast :mrgreen: lol.
if you've read midnight sun (well i guess you can tell in all of the books), edward thinks of himself as a monster, and he doesn't understand why bella loves him. and bella can't find it in her self to be afraid of him because she loves him too much :D thats what i think. so there's my brief interpretation lol
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!