Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by Jazz Girl »

corona wrote: Heh heh. I betcha they do. I bet they either completely redo that imprinting reveal scene, or else they tone Jacob way down and portray Bella as overreacting to the whole thing. How about, instead of clawing MR’s eyes out, the loser has to write a one-chapter fanfic where Bella returns from her trip to La Push and tells Edward she has decided to stay human with Jacob?

Okay, I take that back. That’s too much to ask anyone to write or anyone to read. The horror!

BLASPHEMY!!!!!! Not the blackest kind...Edward's already covered that. But, none-the-less, BLASPHEMY!!! Such horror should not be discussed, written or even considered. Besides which, hasn't she pretty much already done that?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Jazz Girl wrote:...and also the scene where she finds out about Jacob imprinting on Ness (I swear to all that is holy that if they screw that scene up, alter it to "play down" Jacob's imprinting or Bella's reaction, I will personally hunt down Melissa Rosenberg and claw her eyes out). Those scenes have the potential to be some of Kristen's finest work in The Saga, and that is saying something.
I think that may be one of the very few scenes I can't wait to see Kristen play Bella, aside from wanting to see anyways.
Chernaudi wrote:I've said it before and will doubtless say it again, if one doubts Kristen and her acting abilities, watch Speak or some of her other indie films.
I have seen Speak, and some indie roles and even smaller roles, and Speak is really the only movie I like her in.I had a harder time reading the book then I did watching the movie. TBH, she hasn't really been in anything that I'd like to watch outside the sage, except for maybe Jumper, so I can't really say anything on her acting abilities. But from the little I have seen, I don't think she's that great.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Caught Adventureland last night and was impressed with what I saw.

I'm also surprised that no one's brought up any discussion about her injury that she may've gotten during the filming of BD--her rumored sprained wrist or thumb.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Chernaudi wrote:Caught Adventureland last night and was impressed with what I saw.

I'm also surprised that no one's brought up any discussion about her injury that she may've gotten during the filming of BD--her rumored sprained wrist or thumb.
We discussed this briefly at Rob's HH...but my idea is that one of her stunts went wrong or that the arms wrestling didn't go as planned... I felt really bad for her because the papz pic that were taken showed that she favored that arms a lot, trying to keep it away from anyone bumping into it... the poor girl must had been in pain...I sometimes wish I could send her just a card to cheer her up.
RebeccaCullen wrote: I think that may be one of the very few scenes I can't wait to see Kristen play Bella, aside from wanting to see anyways
Me too, I know Kristen can play a very fierce woman, but we haven't seen her doing it when playing Bella...I would love for her to kick the puppy's butt...
Jazz Girl wrote:I'm particularly looking forward to the scene where Kate is pushing her to practice her gift and does so by threatening Ness, and also the scene where she finds out about Jacob imprinting on Ness (I swear to all that is holy that if they screw that scene up, alter it to "play down" Jacob's imprinting or Bella's reaction, I will personally hunt down Melissa Rosenberg and claw her eyes out).
I'll help you... and am with you on the whole down play thing, I can see them actually do that, or that Emmett steps in and want a piece of puppy for himself...I don't know but I do worry a lot about this part of the movie...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I watched The Yellow Handkerchief and Welcome to the Rileys this weekend and all I can say is WOW! It is really amazing that she can stand next to all these respected, award winning actors and hold her own. It was fun seeing her progression as an actress. Even with only two or three years (?) between those two movies you can really see she learned a lot.
TYH was really beautiful. I liked the accent although it was probably not perfect. I'm not that familiar with Southern accents so I can't really judge. It was stuck in my head for the rest of the day though. LOL
But WttR absolutely blew me away! I thought she was really good in this movie and very convincing as a stripper. The mouth on that girl! The story was very touching. Didn't quite understand the ending though. (why would she go to Vegas?)
I can't wait to see The Runaways. I think she's rapidly becoming one of my favorite actresses.

On BD: I'm looking forward to the "practicing her gift" and the "Jacob imprinted on your daughter" scenes as well. Bella has this amazing control but these scenes show that she is still a newborn and slips up when you push her buttons. It would be interesting to see Kristen portray that side of Vamp-Bella.
BTW Anybody else curious as to how they are going to show the shield in those practicing scenes? For the Volturi showdown, they could use Alec's gift to show the size of it. But if he is not around nobody is supposed to see the shield right?
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I finished watching Welcome to the Riley's 'bout half an hour ago, and have to ask: where was her acting when she did Twilight?!? I thought her performance in WTTR was much better than it was in the first Twilight movie, and I think that kinda says somethings because I'm not to fond of her acting.

Suzan wrote: BTW Anybody else curious as to how they are going to show the shield in those practicing scenes? For the Volturi showdown, they could use Alec's gift to show the size of it. But if he is not around nobody is supposed to see the shield right?
The only thing that's coming to mind is in post-production they add some sort of sepia tone when they pan overhead and such. I have no idea how they can properly show her shield.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Crappy scripts and Summit being cheap except with their marketing department for the Twilight films. Of course, that's my big gripe with Kristen--she acts with her heart and not her brain, and she picks her roles the same way. I admire Kristen for that, but there's got to be a time where she puts her foot down and tells the companies that she's working for (such as those that bombed with marketing and distributing WTTR and The Runaways) to do their fair share, because she was the only one who did any real promo for the movies, and the marketing people sat down and tried to milk her Twilight fame.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I'd like to wish Kristen a happy 21st birthday :)

Anyone want to join in?

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Happy Birthday, Ms. Kristen!! Here's hoping you got to party your way, with the ones you love most, and with not a papz in sight. *hugs*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

I just recently watched WttR... It was good. I'd heard so many accolades prior to seeing it that it was kinda hard not to have high expectations. But I was certaintly not disappointed.

I watched the Runaways a few months ago. It was good but not my fav or anything. The best part to me was seeing Dakota Fanning in a more grown up role. Thank God she didn't pull a "Showgirls" like Jesse from Saved by the Bell (aka Elizabeth Berkley) did.

I'd like to check out some more of KS's other stuff. I am from the South so I dunno if The Yellow Handkerchief is the place to start what with the accent and all... Anyone have a suggestion?

And yeah! Happy B'day KStew!! 21 sure is fun :D

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.