Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 23 ~ Monster

Post by misskiley »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?
Erm,.. hard to say. It'll be something you don't expect like the night she agreed to marry him,.. because they got to be alone for like the first time ever.

2. What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get him to come back to the tent?
Eh,.. that's a tough one. I was trying to think of that the whole time he was gone,.. I didn't see it going anyway but a fight,.. ecspecially after what just happened in the tent. And with Seth acting all weird was making me think something happened too. Ohhh.. I just realized that maybe Seth told Jacob,.. so it wasn't like a surprise too much when Edward got him.

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?
First of all, I just want to say I'm SUPER Team Edward,.. but during that kiss I was like.. alllllllllllmost close to changing to Team Jacob for a second! SO hott! haha I remember one time I had hungout with this guy a couple times and he was pretty shy,.. and when he kissed me, he like sucked my face off and I was super surprised!

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?
I thought maybe the fight was going to start,.. but I'm guessing because all of them feel like monsters. Bella feels like a monster for hurting Jacob so much, Jacob feels like a monster for tricking Bella so much, and Edward,.. well I don't know if he feels like a monster, probably just for hurting Bella when Jacob got her,.. But really!??! COME ON! After a night like that, Jacob was lucky the ONLY thing Edward did was have Bella say outloud they were getting married.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?
I think she would choose the same night.

That Bella really wants to talk to him. And that if Jake love's Bella, he'll go back and hear her out.

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?
No.

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?
Because Bella feels like a monster.
SkittleE
Settled in Forks

Post by SkittleE »

I honestly don't know. I could guess, but I would probably be dead wrong. My views on the world are so much different than Bella's.

Something about him causing the love of their lives pain and that she blames herself for things that she shouldn't. Kind of like Edward, I'm sure he could find a way to blame himself for 9/11 and a CD case of a Chinese person in Africa breaking.

I've never kissed anyone, or held hands with them.

Because Bella thinks she's a monster destroying everyone's lives and causing them pain. I personally agree with her.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/ ... r-nazi.gif
Sucking the joy out of life since 1998
Kirby Phelps PK
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirby Phelps PK »

Hmm...maybe the night Edward came back and told her that he lied and really loves her. But only for that one part, maybe.

I personally hope that they got into a little fight and Edward had to bring Jacob back kinda by force. An Edward vs Jacob fight is one of the biggest things I've wanted to see in Twilight, but never happened. But I doubt that they fought (because Jacob would have won anyway ;) ), he probably just said that Bella is extremely sad and is beating herself up for what she did.

The Jacob and Bella kiss was my absolute favorite moment in the series. Everytime I read/watch it, I can't help but smile. The kiss was better in the book, but it was nice in the movie too, especially with Jacob's Theme playing in the background. Anyway, I've never kissed anyone. :( But when I hold a girl's hand, I usually feel some kinda...I don't know, something.
Probably because Bella feels like a monster inside for hurting Jacob so much.
Image Image
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

It’s probably the first night she brings up, the night after their confessions in the meadow. The only other possible one I can think of is the night after Edward returns in New Moon, when she finally understands that Edward is really hers to keep.

I truly have absolutely no idea, only that he would have said anything that would have persuaded Jacob to come back. I just wished he could have kept his mouth shut, but he couldn’t help himself.

We know from “Midnight Sun” that jealousy is Edward’s weak spot, even though he is very, very good at hiding it. Watching his rival sleep with Bella and hearing his thoughts and her “Jacob, my Jacob” in her sleep put him right on the edge. Edward doesn’t make too many mistakes, but when he does it’s always a doozy.

Edward is my man, but I understand Bella, she has never had a real kiss before where she could throw herself into it without restraint. I have never been surprised like this myself, but then I have never been confused about who I was attracted to or my responses to them.

Bella tells us she is a monster for hurting the people she loves. I think SM wanted to show some irony to the way that Bella views things.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I honestly don't know.

Again, I don't know.

I've never been in a similiar situation, so...

Because Bella feels like a monster.
asif
Settled in Forks

Post by asif »

Probably the night she finally realized that Edward Cullen wanted her forever.

Something about Bella wanting to say goodbye and/or having an important message. I don't really think what he actually said was that important, more the way he said it. I think that mattered a lot to Jacob.

Not yet :)

Because that's what Bella feels like. A bad monster walking around hurting everyone she loves. And she kind of is sometimes. But love makes blind, and she's not the only one to be blamed.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Up to this point? Probably the first night Edward stayed with her. After the events of BD? Hm, two others spring to mind!

That he was sorry for what he did, and that Bella was upset and wanted to talk to him.

No.

Because Bella believes she is a monster for what she did to Edward by kissing Jake, and what she did to Jake by kissing him and making him think through the kiss that he had a chance.