Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

nissanmama is back!

Post by nissanmama »

Hey all!

Cyber-Mom here. I finally got my Mrs. Cope banner to work! So to the questions...'

How did you pick your screen name?

The first car I ever purchased on my own was a hot little Nissan 240. I drove it up until two car seats just wouldn't fit in the jumpseats. We graduated to a Nissan Pathfinder and I drove it for 12 years. I sold it just this year and now I drive a...Toyota Highlander. I couldn't change my username though, it would confuse me as much as everyone else!

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
I was a book snob...wouldn't read Twilight. Didn't "do" vampires. Vampires didn't constitute real literature. I had a friend who tried to force it on me again and again and I refused again and again. Just before Eclipse came out I was at my monthly book club when my firend was trying to give me Twilight yet again and another woman said completely in passing, "Oh, that was cute." That got my attention. This woman didn't read Harry Potter because it was evil. Clearly Twilight didn't fit any of my preconceived notions. The next time my friend offered me the book I took it. Still, it sat on my nightstand for a couple of weeks. I couldn't sleep one night (I read a lot in the middle of the night - let's hear it for being "older") so I picked up the book and began. I was not immediately hooked. Clearly Edward was the vampire but I spent the entire next day trying to figure out what he was doing in a high school and what Bella had done to tick him off. Then I had a V8 moment and realized...heeey...I could just read the rest of the book and find out. Yeah, I read all three books that fast, found my way to the Lex and met Stephenie at the Cincinnati book signing all within a few weeks time.

My favorite book, tough call. I love each of them for different reasons. Twilight introduced us to the characters. I fell in love with Jacob in New Moon, and Eclipse was just a fun ride. I think I'm gonna have to go with Eclipse. Of the first three, it's the one I re-read the most.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
I love Edward and adore Jacob.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Mrs. Cope! The woman feels my pain.

What are your hobbies?
I play the flute, play on my computer, I love spinning, chocolate and baking, and spend the most of my time trying to maintain my high maintenance family.

Where are you from?
I'm originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, have moved a ton and now live in a tiny suburb of Cincinnati, Ohio.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
As my banner proudly declares, I'm 40-something. My birthday is next week and I'll be more something than forty.

Anything else?
Will not mourn my post count. I'm looking forward just to being here again. :D
Last edited by nissanmama on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Forlorn
Settled in Forks

Re: nissanmama is back!

Post by Forlorn »

Hello and welcome or maybe just hello since you are a former TwiLex member. I'm Danney. I was also a member of the old TwiLex forum but I didn't post that much due to my own Twilight forum.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Thanks for the welcome back!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Welcome all!!! Let's all have a good time and enjoy the new and beautified TL! Feel free to PM me if you need help with something or just to chit chat-I'm quite friendly!

<3 :D
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

Hey Mama, The Lex wouldn't be the same without you welcome back.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Hi Nissanmama, Welcome back. I'ts good to see familar faces or avatars/banners in this case.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Woo hoo! Nissanmama!!! I hope so glad to see you back and I'm glad the Mrs. Cope banner is working!!! It's so exciting that the Lex is back up!!! :D
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Welcome back, Nissanmama!! Glad to see you back in action! I, too, mourn my post count and I was half (or MORE) than yours! But I'm sure we'll rebuild together!

See you in the Gutter! :twisted:
Una
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Ni'Ma! Welcome back! (I'm just waiting for your post count to start rocketing up.) Glad to see you came back.

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

NIMA! Welcome back! It'll be nice having the ol' gang together again. Can't wait to chat with you on the gutter. Like my BIG font? LOL
Squee! Thank you, Nena!