Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 17 ~ Alliance

Post by pixiealice »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house? Curiousity killed the cat.

2. Were you as surprised as Bella was that Jacob came to the party? Would you have asked him to leave?
Jacob has some guts, but I was surprised that he showed up. Glad he did though...great turning point in the book.
3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her? Both...

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised? I thought this was one of the best parts of the book actually. Alice's vision came at a very good time...

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together? I prayed it would work. Go SETH!!
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house?
I think they came to see the Cullen's house more than to party.Sure, but most may come for both reasons. Like hitting two birds with one stone!

2. Were you as surprised as Bella was that Jacob came to the party? Would you have asked him to leave?
Nope, I wouldn't. I would just ask him to stay and have fun.

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?
Um, yeah, I guess.

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised?
I was quite surprised ,but I have been waiting for something like this to happen in the book.

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together?
I was afraid that the alliance may not work out together, especially because the werewolves get angry easily.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?
I personally, think that there was no harm in him giving her the bracelet. it was symbolic for him ALWAYS being with here even when he couldn't be...because of Edward...(hubba hubba). I think that it was sjut a reminder to bella, because once she was changed...that was it..he thought he wasn't going to be able to be around her again
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house?
to see the house of course!! bella was the 1st person to infitrate the cullen clan, EVERYONE was curious!!

I said in a few chapters back that I thought he would go!! I wasn't sure with the hatred thing, he seemed a bit more wanting to fight...but the whole fighting for bella, I thought he might! I don't think the whole alliance would have happened if he didn't!! although I am team edward all the way, this is a BIG WTG Jacob moment!

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her? Both!! he does care for bella - and the gift was super sweet...the wolf though- was more for edward - he could had done a car or motorcycle MORE representation of his and Bellas time, but the wolf more for Edward! ;)

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised?
I figured it would eventually happen, especially when jacob started to help "watch" for Bella intruder! when seattle was getting bad and the other family wouldn't help - I thought they would ask for help sooner...

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together?
I think there may be a problem - it can't go perfectly - but I think they will try! both Edward and Jacobs "family" understand and respect their love for Bella - and that is something happened to any of them it would hurt her and them as well!! Plus they have to see that are fighting for the better GOOD of people...which is what the wolves are about!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Uh... they were coming to see the Cullens house. Hello!!!!

Hmmm... I never gave this a thought before. I want to know Stephenie's answer. I think it was more of a reminder to Edward of Jacob's friendship, but I don't think Jake intended it that way. I think Jacob wanted to remind Bella of Jacob. But, Bella would never forget Jacob and she didn't need a bracelet to remind her of that.

I didn't expect it but I was so pleasently surprised.

I though the alliance would work. Never doubted it :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
bellaaa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bellaaa »

definitely the house. i mean, check out those cars.. can you blame 'em?

i can't say i called it before it happened... but,(like stephenie did to me time and time again the first time i read the books) as soon as Jacob was there, i went "of course.. naturally".

i'm sure he chuckled at the thought of edward's feelings about the bracelet on her arm all the time... but it was for bella. it's always for bella.

i didn't see that coming either. but it definitely makes sense. and it's totally not a group i'd mess with! :shock:

:P i knew they'd be brilliant!
look after my heart... i've left it with you
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Just to see the inside of the cullens house of course.

Yes, I expected him to keep his distance after he assaulted her face that way. Porbably.

Yes, though you have to admit the bracelet was cute and sweet.

I sure hoped they could all just get along so I was pleased.

I had my concerns.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

Considering it says in the book that most of them "came to see the inside of the elusive Cullen's house" in the book...

No. She invited him. I knew he would show. He would do anything for Bella.

I think it was a reminder to Bella that he exists. And that he does love her too.

I expected it. Anything to protect Bella.

I thought there would be difficulty at first. I didn't know what to expect out of Sam.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Well, considering Bella didn't even really know all of them, I think it was the desire to see the Cullen's home.

I was a bit surprised because at this point I had completely forgotten about Jake. Even though I would've wanted to order him out of the house or else threaten his life...that would've been rude, and I'm just not like that. So, I would have probably just ignored and avoided him.

For Bella.

Let me just say that I absolutely loved the part where Jasper just popped up between Alice and Jake and was all protective and hot...ahhhh...I love Jazz. Back to the question. No, I wasn't really surprised; it seemed like that might happen anyways.

...I didn't really think about it much.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I think her closer friends came to celebrate but I think Jessica was probably one that was curious about the Cullen's house.

No I wasn't surprised. Bella invited him. I wouldn't ask him to leave, Jake is her best friend.

I think Jake really wanted to give Bella a present. I love the symbolism behind each of their charms. Jacob's wolf charm was hand made (it showed that Jake had to work to win Bella-carving a small piece of wood) while Edward's charm was a hand me down from his grandmother (hand-me-down, no work involved like Bella, she chose him w/o anything Edward had to work for. it was old-like Edward, expensive diamond heart)

I expected it because they had the same goal-to keep Bella safe, because Jacob loves Bella (his pack helps him) and the Cullens also are growing to love her and Edward loves her.

I think that both parties were mature enough to work together. Sam respects Carlisle and Carlisle also respects the wolves.