Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Kate »

Tornado wrote:We're not here because we're free, we're here because we're not free.
The Matrix 2... :)
-Do you know what it is when somebody trades sex for money?
-Advertising.
-Public servce.
-A good percentage of marriages.
Sorry, I didn't have my subtitles in English, I hope I haven't too much errors... :oops:

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Kate wrote:
-Do you know what it is when somebody trades sex for money?
-Advertising.
-Public servce.
-A good percentage of marriages.
Mad Money

Next:
"We are not so very different, you and I. We've both spent our lives looking for the weaknesses in one another."
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"We are not so very different, you and I. We've both spent our lives looking for the weaknesses in one another."

That is from the new version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Next:

Why do they have to travel in packs? And how are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?

[Stops in front of a group of girls, hesitates, then continues walking]
Blimey, Harry. You've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date, who can?
I think I'd take the dragon now.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote:Next:

Why do they have to travel in packs? And how are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?

[Stops in front of a group of girls, hesitates, then continues walking]
Blimey, Harry. You've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date, who can?
I think I'd take the dragon now.
Goblet of Fire

Next:

Person 1: Why, you speak treason!
Person 2: Fluently.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That's from the Adventures of Robin Hood, with Errol Flynn.

Here's another:

Whew! Has the war started?
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Whew! Has the war started?

That is from Gone with the Wind

Next (sticking with the classics a bit longer):

Now don't lose your head, Susan.
My what?
Don't lose your head!
I've got my head, I've lost my leopard!
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That's from Bringing Up Baby.

Here's another from a classic:

Please promise me never to wear black satin or pearls, or to be 36 years old.

Post by 24601 »

Tornado wrote:Please promise me never to wear black satin or pearls, or to be 36 years old.
Rebecca

Next:

"It is quite understandable; it's a very natural reaction. But one day - in a week, a month, a year - on that day when, God willing, we all return to our homes again, you're going to feel very proud of what you have achieved here in the face of great adversity. What you have done should be, and I think will be, an example to all our countrymen, soldier and civilian alike. You have survived with honor - that, and more - here in the wilderness. You have turned defeat into victory. I congratulate you. Well done."
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"It is quite understandable; it's a very natural reaction. But one day - in a week, a month, a year - on that day when, God willing, we all return to our homes again, you're going to feel very proud of what you have achieved here in the face of great adversity. What you have done should be, and I think will be, an example to all our countrymen, soldier and civilian alike. You have survived with honor - that, and more - here in the wilderness. You have turned defeat into victory. I congratulate you. Well done."

That is from The Bridge on the River Kwai.

Next:

How am I gonna know about ya, Tommy? Why they could kill ya and I'd never know. They could hurt ya. How am I gonna know?
Well, maybe it's like Casy says. A fellow ain't got a soul of his own, just little piece of a big soul, the one big soul that belongs to everybody, then...
Then what, Tom?
Then it don't matter. I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready, and when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build - I'll be there, too.

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote:
Next:

How am I gonna know about ya, Tommy? Why they could kill ya and I'd never know. They could hurt ya. How am I gonna know?
Well, maybe it's like Casy says. A fellow ain't got a soul of his own, just little piece of a big soul, the one big soul that belongs to everybody, then...
Then what, Tom?
Then it don't matter. I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready, and when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build - I'll be there, too.
The Grapes of Wrath

next:

"But you, my daughter, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Here you will dwell bound to your grief under the fading trees until all the world is changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent."