Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

I don't think there's any doubt that this will hurt BD Pt2 at the box office, unless, by some miracle, Rob and Kris are back together by then and all is forgiven. The genuine fans will still go, but I think most will see it less times, because they will look at Edward and Bella onscreen and see two people who are no longer what they were then, at least, in our eyes. The honest truth is they are the same people they were then.

I just wanted to get something off my chest. Yes, I know Kristen did something really wrong, and that's hard on Rob. But come on, guys, she didn't do it to us. Not really. We just became invested in something that we should have known better than to become invested in. Odds were never in their favour that this would last long, not in Hollywood. Now we're all disappointed because our worst fears have been realised and Kristen, at least, has turned out to be all too human. I'm sure Rob is too, and as Sean pointed out yesterday, just because he hasn't been caught doesn't mean he hasn't done it too. I certainly hope he hasn't, but honestly, I don't know the guy, and he is working in an industry where promiscuity is a way of life. So I think we need to gain some perspective here. We can feel bad for people in a horrible situation, but really, they're not friends of ours, in fact, we've never even met them, and I think we need to remember that.
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Lynne- I think for the most I know for me anyway I admire and love rob after all thats what brought us to our group our mutual love for him someone says or does something bad to rob it hurts and the fact kristens hurt him tears us apart as fans I not naive enough to think that theyd live happily ever after but the fact is she cheated and rob might if done the same but no I dont think say we alk know what he thinks about cheating

Im not sorry for how I feel im sorry that this has happened we cant forget robs been betrayed badly and I cant apoligize for being upset for rob and I wont

also ive met him not for long but we know hes a good guy he gave his heart to kris

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
SyoLax6
Settled in Forks

Post by SyoLax6 »

@Tornado i totally understand what your saying, but to have that little light of hope that maybe a love story can bring two real people together taken away from you is still sad. rob and kristen must be going through a hard time but all we can do is give them space. getting over someone is hard enough, i cant imagine doing it with the whole world watching.
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Lynne- just wanna say that I hope I diddnt offend you I value your and everyone elses opinions

And im really sorry if ive upset you or anyone else :(

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone

I just think that everyone's upset and shocked about what has happened. I'm gonna mostly post at the HH Sister's facebook for right now. This wound is fresh, and I feel like someone's ripped my heart out and stepped on it and didn't give a damn what it would do to me. I feel that a little bit of this is my fault, because I let myself get so attached to Kristen and Rob, I put them on a pedestal, and they fell and broke my heart.

And theories are all over the place--this was staged, his was a one time fling, that it's something bigger than that. I don't know, I feel like I'm losing my mind. I wish that I could be put to sleep until this is over. I want this to end, I want closure, and I'm not a very patient person.

I believe that my feelings may cost me some friends, but I'm feeling what I feel, so, if anyone would like for me to leave for a while, let me know. I already talked with a friend about this and we've agreed not to talk for a few days. I just feel like I'm in hell right now and I don't know what to believe or who to turn to. I feel that as part of this fandom, I feel that it's part of my fault that this happened, and I wish that I could've done something.

I'm just really, really, sad, and I think that my reactions at the Facebook page show that pretty well. So again, if anyone, because my opinions may differ from some, if you'd like for me to leave for a few days, I will if it will help anyone. Just so friggin' uncertain and scared right now.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi Again Everyone-

This is just a quick answer to Tracy's question. Yes, I'm still in Colorado. [The rest of post edited out due to high guest traffic on the site at the moment.]

All right, you ladies (and gents) take care of yourselves and I'll talk to you later. ((HUGS))

-Ginnie
Last edited by VirginiaMay on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Facebook isn't letting me post a comment! They must be overwhelmed....

This is what I tried to post -

OK now my advice to Rob if he were my son - you can never trust Kristen again and without trust, you can't have a relationship. SO sad. I'm especially sad that this has made all my very special friends here so sad. ((((HUGS)))) Everyone!

Also - SEAN - Don't worry about posting so much and we certainly don't want you to go away for a while! (I tried to post that on fb too, but it wouldn't work.)

Anyone else having problems on fb?

I'll be back later.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry to double post, but I feel that I need to share this with you about me, as I posted this at the HH Facebook, and I know that not all of you can see it there:

Sorry for posting so damn much, but my mind's been all over the place here. I'm also sorry if some of my comments may have offended anyone.

Please allow me to explain something. I've never been one to fit in. I'm a fan of Kristen's, and have been a long time. She introduced me to Rob, who I also love, and to the Twilight Saga and to you interesting and loving people. I'm not willing to throw her away for her making a dumb mistake, no more than I am willing to do the same to Rob.

But I'm extremely hurt and confused by her actions, and I have to say that her behavior has been off though out this month, and even Rob's at times, and that's also very confusing to me, too. I'm very concerned for both Kristen and Rob, and I love them and I want the best for them, be it together or apart.

But more importantly, I want to talk about me and what I'm going through right now. I feel that I'm at fault a bit for how I feel, because as a fan of theirs, I fell into the trap of putting them up on a pedestal as a couple, they fell, and now my heart's broken. I have myself partly to blame for that, because I feel into a trap that I should not have.

I'm very contrary to you guys, in that I'm an actual guy, I like Kristen very slightly more than Rob (but I love them both, don't get me wrong), and it's because of that love that I'm pissed and scared and disappointed and concerned for them right now. To say that this doesn't effect me would be a lie. But to say that I also felt like I conned myself by believing in a H'wood relationship that the odds were against them from the start would also be a major lie.

Also, all the theories about this being staged, some publicity stunt gone bad, that this was a one time fling, or a longer term deal, everyone's all over the damn place, I don't know what or who to believe.

But I'll tell you this, I love you guys, and you've been extremely supportive of me in my times of need, and if any of you want to vent or whatever, I'll always be there with a compassionate ear. I may think myself a hard man, I've lived a hard life and I'm jaded and have a generally negative view of the world, and I'm about 6 months younger than Rob is, and I know that Rob's quite the opposite of me LOL :).

But none the less, I've got plenty of right over this and my real life to be pissed off at the world and believe that 12/21/2012 can't get here fast enough if the Mayans were right. But all of that has also taught me compassion and caring and love, which is why I want a GF. I believe myself to be a very loving and caring person, and I refuse to let this scandal bring me down as far as that's concerned. I'm gonna be hurting for a while, but you're there for me. I want to be there for you guys, too. We might not all agree, but I'll be here if you want to talk, and you girls are the reason, with your words of love and compassion, is why I don't want to leave.

The wound is fresh, or hearts are broken, we're all in shock. If anyone want to take time off from here, that's fine by me if that'll help you. I might do the same. I might not be online as much over the next few days, but if anyone has something specific that they want to send me, feel free to message me. I think that I'll suck as a counselor LOL, but I'll listen, and that's what I'm here for.

Thank you all for making me feel welcomed and trying to accommodate me and make me comfortable and putting up with me the past year or so. I love you all :)

Susie: Even though you and I may beg to differ on how we feel about Kristen, this applies to you to :) And no, I haven't had any FB troubles. I can't explain that either ;)

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
MoonlessNight
Settled in Forks

Post by MoonlessNight »

Like everyone else, this situation really upset me. I'm shocked that not only would Kristen cheat on someone who seems like such a nice guy and who absolutely adores her, but that she would do it with a married father who is actually old enough to be her father. Add to that the fact that, while she was very adept at allowing very few pics of her and Rob together to be taken by paparazzi, she was so careless to allow these pics to be taken. What was she thinking?

I agree with everyone that, yes, we don't know what Rob & Kris's relationship looked like on the inside, so its not really fair to make judgements, but it's very hard not to. I also have no desire to see SWATH now. Apparently, Rupert's wife was also in the film, and Kristen had scenes with her (She played her mom). That bothers me a lot, too, because she knew who she was hurting.

I read an interesting take on Kristen's apology. You have to admit that the wording was out of character for her, and it was the first time she fully admitted to being in a relationship with Rob. Considering she never admitted it before, she really didn't have to issue an apology directed to him. This person said that she is so embarrassed and upset by what she did and for hurting Rob, that she is publically humiliating herself as punishment. After reading that, I like her a little more (or dislike her a bit less).

You know, its funny that I always hated that Summit/Lionsgate has Taylor there with Rob & Kris, making it a triangle thing. Now I think it was a great idea, because he will be the buffer on the red carpet in November. Imagine the awkwardness at BD2 if it was just Rob & Kris.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

MoonlessNight wrote:You know, its funny that I always hated that Summit/Lionsgate has Taylor there with Rob & Kris, making it a triangle thing. Now I think it was a great idea, because he will be the buffer on the red carpet in November. Imagine the awkwardness at BD2 if it was just Rob & Kris.

MoonlessNight
- Excellent point! And Welcome to the Halfway House. Sorry it isn't under more pleasant circumstances. You seem to be a kindred spirit. Hang in there.

Sean - I respect your viewpoint, but surely you can see how it would be difficult to trust her again.