Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 17 ~ Alliance

Post by futurevampire »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house?
To see the Cullen's house...and because there's never parties like that in Forks, they want somewhere to go hang out and they know the Cullen's can throw a good party.
2. Were you as surprised as Bella was that Jacob came to the party? Would you have asked him to leave?
Yes. I thought he was stupid, but not that stupid. I probably would have, because it's the vampires' house and it would be better for everyone if they weren't there. I would rather they didn't get into a fight or something and plus if I was that mad at him I'd refuse to talk to him, although I still wouldn't want them to hurt him. I would try to make him leave.
3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?
Edward. He meant to show Bella, but I'm sure he wanted to make Edward jealous too. Bella doesn't think much of it, but it probably annoys the heck out of Edward on the inside, even if he doesn't say anything.
4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised?
I didn't think it was that big a deal. I couldn't believe they hadn't thought of it; there was really no reason for them to not work together. Before when they were both in the woods hunting Victoria I believe Jacob described it as...and this is from memory so don't quote me on this..."It would have been the perfect ambush if we'd known where to wait." So it at least occurred to him.
5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together?
I wasn't sure if it was going to last, but I was confident that they would both try hard not to fight, and have the control not to lose their tempers.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house?
I would bet they came mostly to see the inside of the house,.. the mysterious family that didn't socialize and is super rich and gorgeous... curiosity killed the cat.

2. Were you as surprised as Bella was that Jacob came to the party? Would you have asked him to leave?
I was very shocked! I never thought he'd show up there literally,.. I remembered she gave him the invite but that's the polite thing to do. I wouldn't have asked him to leave,.. he did bring her a gift and she knows deep down she would have forgiven him soon enough. I was surprised Edward left her when they showed up though.

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?
I think deep down it really is for Bella,.. but I'm sure after it was done he knew it'd get at Edward a little bit too. Jake has a good heart.

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised?
Not expected at all! Now that it's happening,.. it seems like such a great thing,.. that they should have been working together more. They are enemies,.. but I think the wolves should be good with the Cullens because of their lifestyle and if they got to know them they could all be friends.

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together?
I think it will work when they get to truly know the Cullens and how great they really are. Vampires are definitely their enemies,.. but they have to realize the good and the bad. The Cullens could have anihilated them from the beginning but chose not to,..
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Off course the majority was there for the house.

Yes, I was surprised. I wouldn't have asked him to leave, I would've let my vampire family get rid of him.

Both.

I hadn't expected it, but wasn't surprised either. It was logical.

I had no idea, I was curious to see how it'd work out. I wasn't as pessimistic about it as Bella though...
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

To celebrate with Bella. Forks is a small town, so parties like that are probably a big deal.

No, I wasn't surprised, and I probably wouldn't have asked him to leave -- there's no way to phrase that without sounding really mean.

To Bella. He was probably giving her that before she changed, just to remind her that she has a choice.

I was surprised, but I liked it. I don't like their fighting.

I knew it would work. They would find a way.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

To see the Cullens' house!

No. It's the kind of thing he'd do. I would have kicked him out.

Both. It's to keep him on Bella's mind, and Edward will be forever wondering if he is on Bella's mind.

I thought it was likely. It had existed in a more informal way already, as they were all dedicated to stopping Victoria.

I thought it was going to be interesting to watch!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

-Definitely to check out the Cullen's house. People always looked at Bella oddly because she was the first to break into their inner circle.

-Not really. At that point he was fighting to win her heart, especially after he kissed her without asking first. Plus they have such a tight bond. I would've asked him to leave as soon as he gave Alice a hard time because the tension between the groups were too much, especially with all the human witnesses at the party.

-That's an interesting perspective, one I never thought of until now. I'd say it's a mix of both. He wanted to give Bella a sweet, personal gift for her graduation, but at the same time, it is a very visual reminder to them both about their shared history.

-Considering this was a re-read (and even by the time I was reading Eclipse the movie was coming out, so I already knew what was happening), not really. I think it's a wise move on everyone's part. It makes sense since Jacob is hell bent on protecting Bella.

-A little. You have to respect the tension between the two, considering they are mortal enemies but it's impressive they're able to at least try and work together.