Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
animegaijingirl

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by animegaijingirl »

X
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I think that is because it happens so much on FB, even really important stuff get drowned in the feed.

Soo... Who's going to the premiere/midnight showings of BD part 2? I'm not, but I'll go see it *duh* though with bit of sorrow, I am afraid they've blown up my least fav parts way too big (aka fight scenes) and missed out on the subtle things. Like, I really missed seeing Jacob's pow, ad his search for a girl before imprinting.

*whips a few pillows around the room, just because*
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Wingtear wrote:
TwilightFan87 wrote:I'm a newbie 'round here..what is this thread? :)
*grabs a pillow for self defense*
Hi!
Welcome to the insanity (if indeed my efforts does restart this tired old thing...)
I'm Ninna, a 2...ehr, wait... *counting*... 8 pack-lover who fell for the series just a few months before the first movie (gah, how can it be so long ago?)
This thread has been madness, sheer and pure, though our previous one derailed completely, and we gave the admins a few gray hairs :roll: :mrgreen:

Ah, okay :) just curious!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Just jump right in, this is a thread for people 20-29 (though no one has been kicked out for being too old yet) to discuss anything and everything they want. No fixed topic, general rules apply etc.

How did you come by Twilight?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

No worries, I'm right in the middle of the pack at age 25.

I got into the series because my 2 best friends at the time kept harassing me to read them..they said to read them and then if I hated them I could make fun of them (ah yes, I used to be anti-Twilight..what was I thinking?!) in spring 2010. I read them through all in 4 days..I never put them down unless I had to work or something!

I came here because my friend who used to love the books with me (even went with me to Forks two different times) kinda fell out of my life (her choice, not mine) and I realized I needed another outlet to talk about my love of the series :)
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

You've been to Forks??? ::shock::
I'm so unblivably jealous!

If I had only seen the movies, I'm fairly sure I would be anti-twilight too. I'm not really as much a Twilight fan as I am a Stephenie Meyer fan :D I love the way she uses her words, they way her storytelling speks right to my soul. She seem to "speak" the same language I do, so o speak. And I love it .

Anyone but me read Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky? She's no SM,but she's nothalf bad either ::mrgreen::

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Wingtear wrote:You've been to Forks??? ::shock::
I'm so unblivably jealous!

If I had only seen the movies, I'm fairly sure I would be anti-twilight too. I'm not really as much a Twilight fan as I am a Stephenie Meyer fan :D I love the way she uses her words, they way her storytelling speks right to my soul. She seem to "speak" the same language I do, so o speak. And I love it .

Anyone but me read Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky? She's no SM,but she's nothalf bad either ::mrgreen::

I'll check out that Veronica Rossi book..I'm always looking for new reading material!

Yeah, I live in Washington :) Forks is a good 3.5 hour drive from me, but it's still fun. I'm trying to get my husband to take me next summer :)
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

I know I've been saying this a lot on FB in the past year, but if you're looking for good YA books to read, I love Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver series (<3wolves!) and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. the latter is gonna come out as a movie soon and the book series is just getting a 3rd book. witches and big stuff happening in a small town! :D My favorite part is the intense teenage romance and how it stretches to a previous lifetime of the pair. :D
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I decided to come back here and check after what must been ages. So cool to see almost all familiar names here too. Glad to see alot of you are still here :)
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Lieziewiezie wrote:I decided to come back here and check after what must been ages. So cool to see almost all familiar names here too. Glad to see alot of you are still here :)
Hi hun!
Glad to see you back on the boards!

Just saw an add for BD2 in the paper... So, premiere or not premiere, that is the question on my mind... I'm so sure I won't like it, but I still fell like I owe it to my addiction to see this through... Do you know what I mean? Will any of you guys go opening night?