Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by marielle »

Lynne, how I wish I could visit you right now... I'm in need of some sun...

Hey everybody,

just dropping by before going to bed... I just wanted to tell you all that if things turn out for the worst I won't have access to the internet for 2 weeks... I'm hoping to get everything arranged tomorrow so fingers crossed....

have a nice day...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Today has been a total bust--I only got three hours of sleep this morning because I had to watch the stove this morning, then as I was about to head to work, the car wouldn't start and now it still won't, even after hours on the battery charger. I missed one day of work because of snow, and one, maybe two, because of my car. So I'm not in a good mood right now.

I'm already tired of being stuck at home, and I'm tired of not being able to work and make some money. I'll probably be a short night for me anyways because I'm PO'd about not being able to work at all this week possibly. Extremely frustrated.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and were able to celebrate with friends and family. We enjoyed our Christmas, although it was somewhat rushed with the quick trip to my in-laws. We had lovely visits with hubs' family as well as mine, and hubs has taken off the rest of this week to stay with the kids while I'm working. My brother completely surprised me with the gift of a Kindle Fire. :o I've added a couple of apps and free books with my daughter's help (since I'm so technically uninclined :roll: ). While I think I'll always prefer holding the "real thing" in my hands when reading, I'm sure I'll come to appreciate my e-reader a great deal. I can't wait to add Twilight fanfiction to my e-reader, but will surely need a tutorial (or three) to learn how to do so. ;)

We've enjoyed relaxing in the evenings and watching movies with the kids. My daughter found Mrs. Doubtfire to be very funny, and she loved Robin Williams' various antics and exploits. We've also watched the three Fellowship of the Rings movies for the first time with the kids. I'd forgotten how I bawled like a baby during the climactic scenes and end of the final movie, "Return of the King". I loved the unique and selfless friendship portrayed by Elijah Wood and Sean Astin as Frodo and Sam, and the special kinship shared by all the Hobbits, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli the Dwarf.

Sean~ Sorry these past couple of days haven't been so great, and I hope the next few improve your luck and your mood. ;) Good luck getting the car started and driving to work safely with the snow and cold weather. I hope you're able to get some sleep too.

Suzan~ I'm glad you enjoyed Christmas dinner and especially spending time with your family. Our families usually seem to be on their best behavior during the holidays....It's a shame Christmas only comes once a year. ;)

Susie~ I'm glad Toastmaster's was such a success, and that SonnyBoy's finals went well too. That's great your Christmas tree was free, and my hubs thought it was pretty ingenious of you. :D I'm sure he was thinking, "If only we had waited a couple of more days to purchase ours...sometimes it pays to procrastinate." ;) I did take my cue from you.... our tree is still up, and we'll probably leave it up until just after New Year's.

Sarah~ It sounds like Jason selected some very nice gifts for you, Twilight and otherwise. I'm glad you enjoyed relaxing with family and celebrating Christmas. Will you have a couple of days off work to rest and recuperate?

Amanda Beth~ I'm sure the snow was lovely, and how lucky you are to have had a white Christmas.

Marielle~ Are you and your bf getting situated and acclimated to the new house? We look forward to hearing more about it, when you have a chance. I have Photobucket and think it seems to be pretty safe. I don't recall having any problems or computer viruses that were related to it in the past, but Caryn or someone else could probably clarify. I'm glad you enjoyed a well deserved and relaxing Boxing Day at home. The kids and I love "PJ Days" and have been known to stay in our pajamas until dinner time, when we had the opportunity. ;)

Lynne~ I hope you enjoyed another holiday and had good weather for your picnic. Unfortunately I've had to work Wednesday through Friday of this week, but hubs was able to take off work to stay with the kids. Did you find a copy of "The Host Movie Companion"?
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Tracy: My father did come out tonight and tried to work on the car. He thinks now it's either the starter, or maybe the engine's locked up for some reason. I don't know about getting to work tomorrow.

Everyone: At least I can say one good thing about tonight so far: At least the house is warm--extremely warm. The wood stove is working very effectively tonight, and it's even burning green wood very well. At least that's nice, because we're gonna need it tonight and tomorrow, and for the foreseeable future.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

We had a lovely day out today. We went on the free ferry down the river and took a picnic lunch with some ham sandwiches (leftovers from Christmas) and a bottle of ginger beer that my husband made with the Sodastream he got for Christmas. The weather was great and Little Man and I went in the water at Southbank. We had a storm this evening, but it couldn't seem to decide whether it wanted to be ferocious or just rain a bit. The worst of it missed us, as usual.

marielle - I wish you could too. Hopefully one day. I hope the internet is connected quicker than you're expecting.

Sean - I guess that's the trouble with snow. It can make you housebound.

Tracy - Yes, I did find The Host movie companion, and I have really enjoyed going over the photos. It gives me a positive feeling about the movie. I'm glad you're enjoying your movie evenings. And once you find out how to add fanfiction to your kindle, you can teach me, too!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hello, Siblings! Since it's a little late for Christmas and a little early for New Years, I will say Seasons greetings! Hope you all had a chance to celebrate with loved ones. We went to my in-laws' house for Christmas and the kids have been staying there since then. We don't do presents for the adults, So I can't wow you all with what I got, but that's not important anyway. It was fun watching the kids open presents. Bug was particularly funny. She opened a Monster High make your own charm bracelet kit and started jumping up and down saying it was exactly what she wanted. Then she repeated the process with her fingernail stickers and her barbie horse. LOL I swear she is the easiest kid in the world to please. MM liked his gifts, too, but he's actually more into the unwrapping part...he doesn't really care what he gets as long as he can rip the paper of off it..,.and then go play on daddy's ipad. Then we had kind of an indoor BBQ....it's called Gourmet, but I know you all don't have that in the US because we looked EVERYWHERE for a set when were getting married. Basically...it's kind of like fondue where you have little pieces of meat, potatoes, etc...but instead of a skewer so you boil it in oil, you have a kind of hot plate and everyone gets their own little mini pan to cook whatever they want. It takes a long time because you can't cook everything at the same time, but that's the nice thing about it for celebrations...it really lengthens the time you have to be together, eat, laugh, etc...and there's something for everyone. So we did that and then almost set the neighbors house and a tree on fire with the paper lanterns. It was SOOOOOO windy, hubs and my BIL were having troubles lighting them. Bug's ended up getting a hole burned through at the base, so it took a LONG time to heat enough to actually float away. Then MM's had a hole ripped in the top because the wind whipped it as they were holding it. So they held it closed so it would fill with the hot air, but as soon as they let go it went up and over into the neighbor's yard where it sank. But the neighbors went out and got it before it started a fire. My inlaws had one extra, so they got that one out for MM since the first didn't work. But then as soon as they let go, that one whipped up and got caught in a tree. No more paper lanterns if it's windy.
So now the kids are staying at Oma and Opa's, which is sweet, but they called last night to say Bug told them she wanted to come home today. Her tooth is REALLY loose and she's worried about it. So we called this morning to ask if we needed to come pick them up...MM didn't even want to TALK to us, he isn't ready to come home and Bug wasn't sure. She wanted to know if we have Milk chocolate. She thinks if she bites something hard like chocolate, her tooth might come out and so she wanted to come home where there was milk chocolate. So hubs asked her if Oma and Opa had milk chocolate and she said she didn't know....so they were going to go buy milk chocolate and then see. But we just called and first she said yes, she wants to come home, now she's saying no, she doesn't want to, and now she won't talk. What a monkey.

Sean, did you have your car plugged in? Or do you not have that where you live? Over here, they don't, and in the southern states I know they don't because when a friend from Arizona came for summer classes at the university, he was taking pictures of the cords to prove to his friends that they existed and weren't just made up. We (Wyomingites) have tank heaters on our cars so they don't freeze....so you plug your car in at night, and it starts easily in the morning. Sorry if you already know what it is, but I know a lot of people don't. If you had a blizzard and it was colder than usual, maybe that's why the car wouldn't start.

Tracy, let me know how you like that kindle! Everyone is trying to convince me to get some sort of e-reader, but I LOVE real books and can't imagine that.

Sarah, it sounds like you got great presents! That's sweet that Jason wanted to surprise you with some of it, too.

Marielle, good luck with internet connection and stuff! It must be a hard time of year to deal with that when stores are closed so often. You're almost there!!

Everyone else, hi and I hope you all have great New Years celebrations!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hooray people have been here!!! It's been awfully quiet but I know people are off celebrating :) we are all done with our multiple Christmases with the exception of Jason's grandma who had a heart attack on Wednesday (she's stable as far as we've heard, they were doing some tests yesterday..) which is awful because we were supposed to drive up and see her today :(

We've been busy hanging out with friends and shopping but today were having a lazy day until I work this evening but it's only a 3 hour shift so I'm not worried :) it'll be nice to do some cleaning and what not around here :)

Lynne-that ferry sounds wonderful, how cool :)

Tracy-sounds like you had fun with your family! My mom got a Kindle Fire for her birthday :) I highly recommend getting the game Plants vs Zombies! So addicting and do fun :) I work tonight and tomorrow but then have 3 days off. It's always a hard balance of wanting to see people and do things and forcing myself to rest.

Song- I love hearing your kid stories!! So funny. Thanks for explaining what the gourmet was, it sounds neat! How yummy. I've always wanted to try fondue. I totally agree with you about the e-reader! I love my real books!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

There's not much happening here today. We'll have to wash the cars. How exciting. :roll:

Songbird - that Gourmet thing sounds interesting. Sounds like a good way to ensure you don't eat too much. I'm glad you didn't set anyone's house on fire!

Sarah - sorry to hear about Jason's grandma. Hopefully, she will recover fully.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Good news! The Pontiac lives! It needed a new starter, and it's also gonna have it's spark plugs changed. It still has a misfire that the plug change will hopefully fix. But it runs, and it wasn't an engine failure like I feared.

I'll post more later :)

Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Susie Fly- By!

I guess I'm taking a little vacation from the Lexicon! But I haven't forgotten about you!

I hope you are all having a great holiday.

See you later...